Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Changes The Community Would Like To See

1. Arcane Archer Buff and other classes. The last time this class was usable was when it was bugged to where you could activate all of your arrow abilities at once.
    2. Buff some of the other less used classes like the bard.
    2. Make Dragontouched Armor more accessible, when was the last time you seen stealer of souls run? I've personally been playing since 2014 and haven't ever seen it ran. The armor was great at level.
    3. Buff Some of the other older Epic gear.
    4. Just merge the servers already, its really depressing when you run around the Market and you're the only one in the entire instance. Or do what every other MMO in the world does and allow cross server grouping. It used to be so fun to run Temptest spine, STK, Water Works and other quests in groups but now it really seems like you just have to solo most of the content in the game.
    5. Add some kind of meaningful pvp, I personally haven't seen anyone in the Lobster in years. (I really think the Ioun stone with 40 charges that absorbs spells ruined this)
    6. There are a few raids like abbot and caught in the web that almost never get run because of the flagging. There are at most 350 people online at any given time ON A GOOD DAY there's not enough to find a whole flagged group.
    7. 64-Bit client.
    8. Better start area, no new player want to start playing just to see snow and sewers for the first 2 hours of gameplay.
    I'm a long time player and would just like to know what everyone else is thinking.

SOME OF THE ITEMS ON THIS ARE MY PERSONAL VIEW POINT AND DO NOT REFLECT THOSE OF THE COMMUNITY
    THIS IS A THREAD TO POST THINGS THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE I JUST STARTED IT WITH MY LIST
    THIS IS A THREAD TO POST THINGS THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE
    Got it now? Understand that its not ME?
    Last edited by Zaglor; 01-06-2020 at 03:54 AM. Reason: Edited For Clarity.

Server merges / cross-server grouping have been at the top of my wish-list for a while now. I would rather have more players to play with than more content to run alone.

Also a 64-bit client would be really nice. I spent $4000 on a computer and some parts of DDO still run like trash. Mostly due to its single-core limitations. Multicore support is a must.
    Last edited by Clemeit; 01-05-2020 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clemeit View Post
    Server merges / cross-server grouping have been at the top of my wish-list for a while now. I would rather have more players to play with than more content to run alone.

Also a 64-bit client would be really nice. I spent $4000 on a computer and some parts of DDO still run like trash. Mostly due to its single-core limitations. Multicore support is a must.
    Ryzen 3950x and a 2080ti and I still struggle at times. Open your map as far as it will go when running and see what happens (:

Quote Originally Posted by Zaglor View Post
    Ryzen 3950x and a 2080ti and I still struggle at times. Open your map as far as it will go when running and see what happens (:
    Haha, yeah the map. 4k 60 FPS video? No problem. Low-quality map? 3 FPS.

All i want is 4, as long as there's someone to play with the rest doesnt matter to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gniewomir View Post
    All i want is 4, as long as there's someone to play with the rest doesnt matter to me.
    I know they can do it because my original server was Mabar and they merged it. I could care less about the level 200 guilds losing everything.

• Mass Delete Mail Button
    • TR Cache Dump All to Inventory Button
    • TR Cache ML sorting
    • Revamp of BtC Bankspace with more extensible slots of character bank
    • (Bonus) Loot fixes / improvements are always welcome

Community Member

Make a Winged Boots mount. Use the hover animation from celestial spirit (warlock ES core 5), remove the ground effect and add wings to the heels if some animator has spare time. Stick the original horse buff (usable in taverns/ships) on it, since it can't block anyone's view any more than an unmounted player.

Add a t1 10% stacking runspeed enhancement and a t2 1% per character level (max 20%) runspeed enhancement to the next universal tree, especially if it's a melee tree. Even better, go back and add it to existing trees other than inquisitive.

In Harper it could be the third rank of Weathered Traveler in t1 and be a choice between 1% per level and magical endurance in t2.
    In Falconry it could be the third rank of Wanderlust in t1 and be a choice between 1% per level and sprint boost in t2.
    In Vistani it could be the third rank of Acrobatic in t1 and be a choice between 1% per level and haste boost in t2.
    Last edited by acemonkey; 01-05-2020 at 07:54 AM.

2014 DDO Players Council

Hey, OP! You misnamed your thread that is actually, "Changes Zaglor Would Like To See". You don't speak for the community.

And considering some of the content of your list, you're clearly out of touch with the DDO community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    As a general rule we don't intend for a single spawn area to cause any dungeon alert, and certainly not red dungeon alert. This basically isn't ever a goal in our designs

1. Arcane Archer Buff and other classes. The last time this class was usable was when it was bugged to where you could activate all of your arrow abilities at once.
    2. Make Dragontouched Armor more accessible, when was the last time you seen stealer of souls run? I've personally been playing since 2014 and haven't ever seen it ran. The armor was great at level.
    4. Just merge the servers already, its really depressing when you run around the Market and you're the only one in the entire instance. Or do what every other MMO in the world does and allow cross server grouping. It used to be so fun to run Temptest spine, STK, Water Works and other quests in groups but now it really seems like you just have to solo most of the content in the game.
    5. Add some kind of meaningful pvp, I personally haven't seen anyone in the Lobster in years. (I really think the Ioun stone with 40 charges that absorbs spells ruined this)
    6. There are a few raids like abbot and caught in the web that almost never get run because of the flagging. There are at most 350 people online at any given time ON A GOOD DAY there's not enough to find a whole flagged group.
    7. 64-Bit client.
    8. Better start area, no new player want to start playing just to see snow and sewers for the first 2 hours of gameplay.
    I'm a long time player and would just like to know what everyone else is thinking.
    1. so its only useful if you can exploit it. got it. was op then useless then op pendulum swings back
    2. i see bards all the time. i think u are suffering from perception bias
    2. it would have to be buffed to be useful
    3. Lynn is working on this right now
    4. as they havnt commented on this i dont see this happening - and did you see the mess they left in lotro when they tried it?
    5. as a person who was in the pvp heyday... no just no. after seeing how some of the people acted im almost of the opinion that anyone who does pvp should be banned /sarcasm
    6. abbot yes. citw - i flag every life and so do most of the people i run with.
    7. again limitations of an older game
    8. I like it. its not bad. i wish at least the explorer of borderlands was not p2p
    I'm a long time player and i think most of your suggestions are not good. reasons above
    main toons: Cerrsi(silly caster/xbow) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

I know they can do it because my original server was Mabar and they merged it. I could care less about the level 200 guilds losing everything.
    ya well we could care less about you. see how insulting that is?

i think this is being tred lightly by ssg as people have paid real money for ships and could sue or perhaps it would drive off people.

I have talked to some guild leaders and if they had to start over they wouldnt.

just some hypothetical numbers here that have no relation to reality

if there are 7 servers with 10 people each on it and they merge to 1 - you think o great i have 69 other people to play with! but if say 7 out of the 10 quit because stuff they paid money for disappeared...... you have 21 people just barely double. and the company lost 50 accounts - and cant keep up the lights and the one server left gets shut down. now nobody plays it.

that is what ssg is looking at and only they have the data to really see if its worth it - assuming that they can do from a technical standpoint.

and tech has changed from "mabar" servers have changed, a lot more code is added and guild ships are now a thing

sorry for the rant
    main toons: Cerrsi(silly caster/xbow) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly melee)

Community Member

7. 64-Bit client.
    going to address this post specifically and add mine after;

1. Arcane archer/dws is strong and one of the highest burst dps builds in game. Issues with bows make it fall behind in consistent dps. Bows need some looking at but AA is fine in and off itself overall
    2. Bard is super powerfull atm and is a very good class in all 3 trees both as pure and as various multiclass builds
    3. meh at best making some heroic quests legendary reaper versions would be fun. wtb reaper 10 lvl 30 tear of dhakaan
    4. I think merging will never happen, they should fade out servers like they did with hardcoreish, stop new character creation allow free transfers off lower pop servers problem solved imo.
    5. ddo isnt a pvp game and will never compete with games that have true pvp.
    6. Abbot gets run alot so dunno what you mean? are you talking heroic abbot or epic abbot aka MOD? theyve made heroic abbot flagging easy and Epic is only 5 quests which are good xp and fun runs so get run abit.
    7. let's be honest won't happen
    9. they just launched borderlands new starter area, lots of options

My thoughts.
    1. Not enough leaderboards, used to have some and got rid of them and they add alot to the game it adds another goal for the game stretching game life
    2. Reaper needs more skulls and loot adjustments to add more than just rxp as incentive for running higher reaper (you can get the same blank loot on an r10 as you do on a casual run)
    3. the crippling game lag has to be a top issue, altho it is an online world and has to deal with the inherent issues with such executing content perfectly should not be negated by one of if not the most laggy mmo I know of on the market.
    4. More types of new reapers! Despair, doom and vengance reapers were a great addition to the game. Sure vengance reaper circles are buggy as all get out but overall amazing addition.
    5. 2hf needs love, glancing blows not scaling is bad but i suspect changes are coming for that.
    6. improvements for grouping mechanics, DDO has many diverse builds it be nice to add a tag for lfms and on players similar to the wow feature that allows players to flag themselves as DPS/Heals/Tank/Traps eliminate some social issues and improve grouping/raiding experience imo

I mean i could add more micro issues but I think that's a fairly big ask of items in terms of staff and work load they have considering they still have to continue bug fixing, new content development, QA etc etc
    Triple All

Ghallanda forever.

I think CITW is rarely run because of Lolth's ability to completely drain your spell points in one hit on elite, and not because of the flagging. I constantly see "ES chain" posted for people in 20-24 level range.

Default Yeah, you really don't speak for the community.

So going through this...

It was cited above that people loved if if they could exploit it, but then everything was 'unfair' when they couldn't. Tough.
    Decent builds of Bards are pretty snacky.
    I see it ran perhaps once a month on Orien. I know it came to a shock to some people I know, but I ran it myself in December '19; brought back a lot of memories.

This is a work in progress. What was the last gear rebuffed, the stuff from House P?

Lets NOT merge the servers already..

I saw your quote above that said:

At some point, people have paid for that airship and worked hard at the guild levels. I have my own Kraken guildship (almost GL 100), and I'd be peeved if it was deleted (as we've worked hard at raising the levels, and we qualify for small guild bonus which is #6). Just because you don't, and haven't had the capacity despite being a "long term player" to work at it, doesn't mean that others want the same.
    Pale Lav has 50 charges.

Why? SO many of the people who are more PVP, act like children. It used to be almost like watching a bizarre show of Jerry Springer with the fall outs in Harbor General Chat with would be griefers and trollers not getting their kicks in Lobster.
    Player issue, not a dev issue. If people don't want to run raids, or can be bothered to flag, then it's down to the players.
    7. 64-Bit client.
    When Ravenloft came out, the devs forgot about the 32 bit client. They released the pack, we duly paid for it, and it was only until those with 32 bit clients tried it, it was a case of this. Log in, enter Barovia - crash. Relog back on, wander round slayer area, enter bar/get quest, re-enter barovia - crash - relog back in, go to quest - do quest - and so on. Okay, it was a PITA but manageable. Then they released the patch for it, and suddenly 32 bit client usage was sealed off. And some point between the release and the first patch, it was "oh we had better release the specs for it". That's when it was shown it was for a 64 bit client. Yeah specs released after the game was put out for purchase. (One of my posts was an early complaints for it, and it wasn't the only one). Now, Ravenloft is the only expansion that has to run in 64 bit, and I have to borrow someone else's PC in order to run it.

I applaud SSG for keeping 98% of the time to a 32 bit client, and am surprised there isn't an option for people to download a 64 bit client.

Called a story arc.

And for those of us who have been here a "long time", many of us have XP jewels saved from GD/SD and boost it to 3-4 level start.

1. I'd like to see more with airships come out, more amenities. Can we have broadside cannon, like Precious Cargo? It'd be awesome to have guildships involved in a war arena. Battle for AS used as a pot, and loser drops 10 guild levels. But AS is only used to purchase more guild amenities, and can't be taken out.

2. I'd like to see an option on the Quest Panel when entering a large slayer area, that is a switchable option between 32 bit / 64 bit (and it remembers after the first time entering after TR, default at 32 bit). This way it benefits both types of players, and then the Ravenloft map can be cut into 'zones' for 32 bit; and then this same technique could be applied on future slayer areas.

3. More toon slots !!!! c'mon, Cordovan has 100 slots on his account, and he told me before there isn't anything stopping it. Not like you can play multiple characters from that same account at any one time.

4. I liked how they finished with the HC server, allowing free transfer off. (Tho massive shout out & of thumbs up to Fawngate, for all hard work, and sorting out the guilds.), with a given deadline.

5. More types of bags ref scrolls, pots (maybe). I give a lot of pots away to new players as a "Welcome to DDO" pack, to help them get started, let them have access to my airship to get 4.5 hr buffs and such. More bags would be nice, to them and older players.

6. Fix the ToEE bug on armor, were that finished BTA armor takes permanent damage (yes, i spent six months reporting this issue, reporting it every 5 days until it was clear, it wasn't going to be fixed, and the official line was, "here we have Restoration Oil for 150 DDO Points", which you use and then it breaks again with perm damage shortly after repairing.

7. Do more with Cannith Crafting. I don't see how we can acquire items that have Vorpal on them at level 1, and Master Crafters can't repeat the same. The usage of collectables etc is fine, 100% perfect (i think it's great), but please do more with the weapon side of CC. Arcane/Divines get all the love, and with the new packs out, CC is about patching missing things more. But I'd love to be able to craft vorpal, shattermantle, and any other funky stuff inc putting Master Craftmanship on an item.
    Orien: Level 400 Cannith Crafter
    (*) - Crafter Advert for Orien

"The 'forever' rogue"

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    Hey, OP! You misnamed your thread that is actually, "Changes Zaglor Would Like To See". You don't speak for the community.

And considering some of the content of your list, you're clearly out of touch with the DDO community.

And the thread is clearly an open invitation to add your own to the list. Sorry you missed that.
    Last edited by Clemeit; 01-05-2020 at 11:18 AM.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

And the thread is clearly an open invitation to add your own to the list. Sorry you missed that.
    One member of the community doesn't represent the community, though.

If there's one thing that this "community" would agree on, it's the fact that the "community" wants a lot of different, conflicting things. Things that can't all be implemented together.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    One member of the community doesn't represent the community, though.
    I agree. However, I don't remember him making such a claim.

I agree. However, I don't remember him making such a claim.
    it is in the title.

and it is false as i too am part of the community and dont want to see these

~Cosmetic inventory based on the cuti-pet inventory.. instead of all these cosmetics scattered all over the place ..
    consolidate them all into the same format as the pet inventory. a tab on the inventory sheet accessible by all the toons on the account..

Cordovan already said current cosmetics are not compatible for this type of storage.. but that doesnt mean they cant change it going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The idea of a cosmetic closet is something we have discussed, as would a separate tab for cosmetics only, but the issue is a technical one. Cosmetics are not a "singleton", which is an inside baseball term, but it means they cannot go into their own separate account bank. Also, it means they are not typed in a way that allows them to go into a separate tab, folder, or bag. Making them do that would be a re-engineering of the cosmetic system.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 30/42 , RC 36/36 , IC 12/21 , EC 29/36 , RP 85/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/42 , RC 0/36 , IC 15/21 , EC 36/36 , RP 36/158..favor toon)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/42 , RC 19/36 , IC 15/21 , EC 19/36 , RP 63/158)

~Bank/Crafting Storage - change the display order when we deposit things into the bank and bag storage box..

Please resort the list so when I put something into the bank it shows up in the first position of the first page... not the last position of the last page..
    It is moronic that we have to constantly flip pages to the end page to see our most recent activity.
    ..total waste of resource loading and time...

Currently I have all the storage upgrades purchased from the DDO Store.
    220 Shared bank slots... we can see 25 items/tab.. so a full shared bank is 9 tabs to flip through to get to the most recent item you just put in.

The Crafting shared storage is much worse..
    2045 items - 45 from VIP and 8 upgrades@250each.. but same per tab view limitation of 25/tab...
    Many items do not stack or stack poorly related to bags since it is based on Inventory stacks not bag stacks)
    so... 82 tabs.. of flipping.. to see the recent additions while flipping past all the old [expletive]

and the display is broken in that once you get over 1,000 items of xx the limit gets pushed off the display screen.

and yeah we can do a simplistic filter.. assuming you can remember enough of it to narrow it down for a singular item.. doesn't help much when you move multiple items.
    Especially when a simple implementation from Dev's to change it so that the last thing you put in goes to the first spot of the first tab instead of the last spot in the last tab.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 30/42 , RC 36/36 , IC 12/21 , EC 29/36 , RP 85/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/42 , RC 0/36 , IC 15/21 , EC 36/36 , RP 36/158..favor toon)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/42 , RC 19/36 , IC 15/21 , EC 19/36 , RP 63/158)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast