Default Courthouse, prison

I was looking around Stormreach and noticed there was NO courthouse, prison, etc...

Wasn't Stormlord Sel Shadras, a gnome, in charge of this? Handing out punishment (wink, wink) as they say.

Possible give Sel Shadras the prison he should be in charge of. Maybe we could quell a riot in said prison? Be hired to track down/follow escapees to their hide-out?

Also, is there any chance Eberron would be getting House Sivis subdivision? You could possibly place the courthouse, prison, etc., there...
    THANK YOU SO MUCH

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by salmag View Post
    I was looking around Stormreach and noticed there was NO courthouse, prison, etc...

Wasn't Stormlord Sel Shadras, a gnome, in charge of this? Handing out punishment (wink, wink) as they say.

Possible give Sel Shadras the prison he should be in charge of. Maybe we could quell a riot in said prison? Be hired to track down/follow escapees to their hide-out?

Also, is there any chance Eberron would be getting House Sivis subdivision? You could possibly place the courthouse, prison, etc., there...

Only law and order is in Eveningstar and just look at the state of their penitentiary system

maybe we could get a courthouse and prison for the forum as well

but seriously a great suggestion you have my vote

Last edited by Brutuscass; 01-02-2020 at 05:35 PM.
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
    The downside to sycophancy is that you never get the best deal.
    Free spirits are always condemned. Only sycophants are tolerated.
    Even negative feed back can have a positive side if used to improve.

logically, all crimes in Stormreach carry the death penalty

makes sense too, how else do you think the Catacombs maintains its supply of skeletons?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kinerd View Post
    logically, all crimes in Stormreach carry the death penalty

makes sense too, how else do you think the Catacombs maintains its supply of skeletons?
    That's a very lenient penal system then...

In the words of one of the hirelings, "dying is painful but at least it's not permanent"

Quote Originally Posted by salmag View Post
    Don't forget about the Brimstone Boulder Prison for dangerous magic users.

And the Embers Asylum could be seen as a prison for the mentally ill.

Beyond those, I think you're right. I wonder what Stormreach does with its general malcontents? Also, do they have POWs from the Droaam invasion? We see a Bladeforged in chains in House Cannith - are there others that have been taken someplace?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tricosene View Post
    Don't forget about the Brimstone Boulder Prison for dangerous magic users.

And the Embers Asylum could be seen as a prison for the mentally ill.

Beyond those, I think you're right. I wonder what Stormreach does with its general malcontents? Also, do they have POWs from the Droaam invasion? We see a Bladeforged in chains in House Cannith - are there others that have been taken someplace?
    My guess is that petty criminals are beaten and made to make restitution. Those unable or unwilling to make restitution are probably beaten further. Those who make a habit of it are killed. I suspect that other than the hardcore prisons intended to hold high level people like the Brimstone Boulder Prison, the remainder of installations are probably just small jails to hold people awaiting trial. The key thing to remember here is, in a world as magical as Eberron, nearly any punishment up to and including death is essentially a fine of less than or equal about 25000 gold pieces (not platinum). People who are really troublesome will get held in ultramax places with dimensional anchors, and loaded up with a bunch of negative levels from summoned succubi to make them easier to handle. Remember, if you're not dead...you can't be resurrected.

Stormreach is run by the Coin Lords. If you commit a crime notable enough to get their attention, you get a fine....possibly a quite hefty fine, depending on how much they think they can soak you for. Can't pay the fine? well, there's always "public service" - off to the jungle to help with some ill-fated expedition

Quote Originally Posted by Arianrhod View Post
    Stormreach is run by the Coin Lords. If you commit a crime notable enough to get their attention, you get a fine....possibly a quite hefty fine, depending on how much they think they can soak you for. Can't pay the fine? well, there's always "public service" - off to the jungle to help with some ill-fated expedition

I don't trust those coin lords.

I suspect that they are running at least one pyramid scheme

I've been to the House Kundarak

I've seen with my own eyes

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
    The downside to sycophancy is that you never get the best deal.
    Free spirits are always condemned. Only sycophants are tolerated.
    Even negative feed back can have a positive side if used to improve.

Community Member

Would be an interesting possible Quest using your intimidate, bluff and diplomacy skill to get some scoundrel out of jail

Only to be surrounded by the Coin Lords guards...

Community Member

Stormreach is run by the Coin Lords. If you commit a crime notable enough to get their attention, you get a fine
    Or a job offer

You son of a beach...I'm in

Community Member

Or they sell you to the Devils of Shavarath.

Community Member

The Coin Lords are rich enough to have access to airships, among other things.

People rich enough to do that have ABSOLUTELY no issue finding someone to cast binding magic, like Geas/Quest, to force someone into servitude until their debt to society is paid.

The problem is mundane, but, like all other problems, it can be solved using magic.
    Magic is awesome.