Community Member

Exclamation Having a tough time as a new or returning player? Get Inquisitive. Trust me.

So I came back about a month ago just to find that all of my characters were really under powered compared to what I remember.

Moreover, grouping was tough and disappointing. I would find myself constantly contributing the least and dying the most. I asked some questions here and found out why everyone was using crossbows at higher levels (yes, even melee classes).

So I ended up buying the Inquisitive Enhancement tree from the store. I believe it was around 500 points?

Wow, what a difference it makes. Best investment I have made into the game so far.

I TR'd a level 20 I had into a Rogue (Mechanic) and am having a complete blast. Stuff just melts, AND I feel very useful in parties. VERY useful. As in people that I grouped with find me when I am on and ask me to group up (and not just out of pity because I am someone's slow cousin).

So if you are having a tough time, and don't mind spending your hard earned DDO points on this tree, it really makes a huge difference. The game is just fun again. It feels like you are basically playing a D&D shooter

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TehLexinator View Post
    So I came back about a month ago just to find that all of my characters were really under powered compared to what I remember.

Moreover, grouping was tough and disappointing. I would find myself constantly contributing the least and dying the most. I asked some questions here and found out why everyone was using crossbows at higher levels (yes, even melee classes).

So I ended up buying the Inquisitive Enhancement tree from the store. I believe it was around 500 points?

Wow, what a difference it makes. Best investment I have made into the game so far.

I TR'd a level 20 I had into a Rogue (Mechanic) and am having a complete blast. Stuff just melts, AND I feel very useful in parties. VERY useful. As in people that I grouped with find me when I am on and ask me to group up (and not just out of pity because I am someone's slow cousin).

So if you are having a tough time, and don't mind spending your hard earned DDO points on this tree, it really makes a huge difference. The game is just fun again. It feels like you are basically playing a D&D shooter
    I like the playstyle too - its what I always was trying to achieve with my Repeater Arti before Sharn came out.

That being said, dont get Inqui because its good. Get Inqui because you like playing a ranged character. If you're just using Inqui to grind out lives so you can "finally get back to melee/caster" then you're not going to enjoy yourself. Its not a means to an end, its gotta be the end itself.

There are other builds in other playstyles that are still competitive and fun and useful, despite all the salt mines about inqui right now.

Update: Don't get Inqui now, it's gonna be outdated in a month's time. Wait for U45 and get Alchemist.

Or get warlock, they're still an easy button.
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind