Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Open Guild for All Founder - Hardcore

Quote Originally Posted by ViggoEvan View Post
    Hi y'all, is it worth it to build a straight FS healer? meaning worthwhile for grouping/ raiding?
    When my tank shows up along with a FvS healer, good leaders start thinking "how about reaper 10"?

With the recent changes to reaper (anti perching and reduced time for crowd control), a healer & tank combo along with two dps toons and two random toons can very effective.

In fact, at times in heroic reaper, I have found that just sitting back a bit with a stack of heal scrolls made the party so much more efficient.
    That one heal can make the difference between a sorcerer falling or clearing the room.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

In case anyone is interested, here is a link for what theoretically should be a good 3rd life tank:
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6274495

to combine with a 3rd life healer for a party that should make the other roles (including melee) more enjoyable to play.

PS Seeing that Healing Wall pop up really makes my day as a tank...
    Last edited by Silverleafeon; 12-31-2019 at 09:12 AM.

If your looking for a pure healing toon i just want to pop in and say dont forget about druid! A con bear druid in US would make an amazing off tank heal hybrid build.

Fvs have plenty going for them, thats for sure but druids have the best heal spell in the game, mass regenerate.

When people have 1000 positive spell power, 66% positive crit chance, and everyone is running around with 100+ heal amp overhealing becomes normal. Well mass regen takes care of that, it heals for 25hp every 2 seconds for 5 ticks. And unlike heal and mass heal regen gets full spell power. Fire off a mass regen and people just will not die while its up. Vigor stacking is the best thing in the world for dealing with tanks. Wall of healing is great for when people clump together but vigor stacking is great when people spread out.

In addition its easy to build bears some CC abilities as well. You could easily mix in dire charge, tremor, and roar to keep groups of mobs locked down while mass regening and mass viggoring.

Anyways, just wanted to hype druid as a healing option.

Btw, renwal does not stack with vigor. Evil.

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim1 View Post
    If your looking for a pure healing toon i just want to pop in and say dont forget about druid!
    +1

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Wipey View Post
    You can have perfectly "tanky enough" ( 2.6k+ hp, 200+ prr 150+ mrr ) fvs caster with full casting abulity ( 125 evo, 110 other schools, no fail frog and rebuke ), healing just comes with it, you don't need anything special.
    Agreed!

OP, you don't need to build a "pure" healer. If you're in some especially difficult content where it's needed, you can of course concentrate on healing. And if you know you're going to be doing nothing but healing, say in some particular raid, you can swap to Unyielding Sentinel destiny for more tankiness. But you'll be more useful in more situations if you can do something else (DC caster [my personal preference], or nuker, or weapon DPS, or tank, depending what you like) in addition to healing. That goes for FvS or Cleric or Druid or whatever.

The only reason I can see to build a "pure" healbot is if it's a character you never intend to actually play except when your guild needs more heals in a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude View Post
    SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooo many people in the forums have a HUGE problem with anyone saying they want to actually heal other players in a party.
    Really? I don't recall seeing anyone having a problem with people wanting to heal, since it's very useful ability to have available and often very helpful to groups.

Of course, if a character can only heal, what are they doing when that's not needed?
    Last edited by SirValentine; 01-02-2020 at 02:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    As a general rule we don't intend for a single spawn area to cause any dungeon alert, and certainly not red dungeon alert. This basically isn't ever a goal in our designs

Quote Originally Posted by Alled78 View Post
    Fvs is great to heal and very useful. Only problem is u need usually a party.
    No party no fun
    right on the money. back in the day i had a lot of fun playing a healer with my guild but soloing with it was pointless, and even pugging could be hit or miss. (still have vivid memories of trying from below to heal a warforged barbarian on the rooftops of the Summerfield District T_T)

with the population decline these days i would be very hesitant about building one and in fact have not done so. i think Clemeit's suggestion of leveling as a caster and LRing is excellent, especially since OP might find that a caster's healing (while not as good) is good enough to fill their desire anyway

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12