Default New Player Asks: Where Should I Quest?

Hello Adventurers!

I'm fairly new and have a lvl 11 paladin. Just finished up many of the quests in the Marketplace and am having a tough time figuring out the best place to go next, for solo quests.

I'm looking for good XP rewards but also a good story, too.

Any advice?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Evarwyn View Post
    Hello Adventurers!

I'm fairly new and have a lvl 11 paladin. Just finished up many of the quests in the Marketplace and am having a tough time figuring out the best place to go next, for solo quests.

Any advice?
    Have you done any House quests, Jorasco, Kundarak etc.?

Knowing the quests (and especially short chains!) that hide in corners is tough for a new player. Some of the categories on this page can help some...

o https://ddowiki.com/page/Quests

You can sort this table by level (for Bravery Bonus, you don't want your character level > Base quest level +2)

o https://ddowiki.com/page/Guide_to_Fr...lay#Quest_list

Build up your favor, which will earn DP, buy some quest packs when they're on sale (see link in sig)

GL!

I push P and work down list doing each once on elite. If you can't open elite just work through the difficulties or group with someone who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Quote Originally Posted by Letrii View Post
    I push P and work down list doing each once on elite.
    That's problematic for F2P players, and always has been. The [P] adventure screen doesn't give you any clue whether you own the adventure or not, which is the first deciding factor whether a quest is for you.

Every new player suffers from this hurdle, and there is no quick solution. Keep the Wiki open, use a quick [alt+tab] and type in the quest name and see if it's F2P, or (once you're there) one of the (few?) adventure packs you've bought.

If the idea appeals to you, you could also make a quick spreadsheet (read "rich txt doc") with names of F2P quests copy/pasted from the Wiki list. Keep an eye on what's in your current level range, what you haven't run that's lower level (for Favor), and it could help you learn the quests that much faster. Ymmv.

If you can't open elite just work through the difficulties or group with someone who can.
    It's often easy to find and join a group that is doing Elites (or R1) at your level. The luck is whether they're doing F2P at the moment, or are on some adventure pack.

If you don't see any LFM's for you, put one up! Type "F2P, need Elite Opener pls!" - you'll either find what you're looking for, or (at worst) meet others in your same boat while you're waiting. (If you decide to start a quest on Normal or Hard, don't be shy about quitting and re-starting on Elite/R if you do get an opener.)

(Note - you can also start a 2nd, F2P account, and level up alts to use as "openers" for your main account - but that's a diff discussion.)

GL!

Quote Originally Posted by Pyed-Pyper View Post
    Have you done any House quests, Jorasco, Kundarak etc.?
    Yes, I was questing with Kundarak, but didn't see much reason to continue after awhile. I wasn't interested in grinding for more rep, even for the rep reward, and had done many of the quests
    -Evarwyn-

Yes, I was questing with Kundarak, but didn't see much reason to continue after awhile. I wasn't interested in grinding for more rep, even for the rep reward, and had done many of the quests
    One of the best and most important stories in DDO, The Vault of night is in Kundarak. It also has some of the best quests in the game

Community Member

I check this list every now and then. Edit: DOh! forgot the link: https://ddowiki.com/page/Adventure_Packs

But for level 11 there are some level 9 ones. Red fens and von comes to mind. completing those two on elite will also grant you enough favor for 2 extra bank slots.

Then ravenloft and sands. then lordsmarch plaza maybe and trial of the archorns at level 13. at level 13 you start gianthold.

Have fun
    Check out my website for calculating DPS and damage mitigation: http://mmlddo.com

Default Ravenloft

I would look for Ravenloft Pack maybe boxing day special? Best level ten right now. Red Fens is not bad. If you are looking for story like you say get Ravenloft. Solo is tough though duo is ok.
    Prob be going through there on Canith with a buddy in about a week.

Hello Adventurers!

Any advice?
    Last edited by donweel; 12-25-2019 at 08:21 PM.

just welcome to ddo. and yer. work up. use your free ddo points to buy GH and sands tgo start with. Necro packs is also good. but in some u need a partner.

Default Wellcome

It would be much easier to tell if you can give some hint about which type of fantasy settings you like the most ?

Lord of the rings like fantasy ?

Steam/punky- Sci/Fi fantasy ?

Deep sci-fi travelling extraplanar realms fantasy ?

Horror/Dark fantasy ?

Dystopian fantasy ?

DDO has types of adventure packs and quests we can label under these main headdings.

The most important thing at this game is playing the quests and explorer areas you would enjoy the most. Levels and xp come alot faster even if you play casually anyhow.

Do you have a steed to travel fast ? If not you should consider getting The Keep on the Borderlands and then ride fast to your new favourite adventure set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z3aY0uELTQ

Last edited by Kutalp; 12-31-2019 at 06:22 AM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-vgrCICAf0
    Basements & Rogue Dinosaurs