Community Member

Default Max lvl you would invite into Ravenloft Reaper?

Hey Kobold Union (And again, really sry about Waterworks...)

So I am thinking of parking a toon at 14th lvl in Ravenloft, a Vistani-themed cleric to help groups, but also for the selfish reason of always having a toon I can hop on when I see Reaper Ravenloft LFMs...)

Problem I'm having is I *want* to park her at 14th lvl instead of 13th because she has some very nice min 14th lvl gear.

My understanding of Reaper XP penalties is that (quest level on elite +1) does not incur any penalties.
    I'm also assuming that groups farming Reaper XP are very strict about level penalties, so...

A 14th lvl toon would NOT get an invite for

10th lvl quests (12 + 1 = 13th max lvl w/o Reaper XP penalty)
    Into the Mists
    Death House
    Freshbaked Dreams
    An Invitation to Dinner

Because elite+1 makes the quest max 13th lvl without penalties, but by the same math the following quests would be okay for a 14th lvl (ie no Reaper XP penalty):

11th lvl quests (13 +1 = 14 max lvl w/o Reaper XP penalty)
    Oath of Vengence
    Raven at the Door
    Mad Tea Party
    Sealed in Amber

12th lvl quests (14 +1 = 15 max lvl w/o penalty w/o Reaper XP penalty)
    Final Vintage
    Wrath of the Earth
    Ravens's Bane
    Sunrise

My questions are:

1) is my understanding of the Reaper XP pen and my math correct, and

2) are most Reaper players aware of the (elite +1) allowance, and would not decline my join request (for the 11th and 12th level quests) because they think I'm over-level?

I would rather have her be geared out at 14th level, but not if she can't find groups.
    Last edited by Fenrisulven7; 12-24-2019 at 12:42 PM.

U will only get invited to lvl 12 base quests cause rxp is meaningless at that lvl, what ppl do care is heroic xp,so bravery which is +2 to base lvl

So...park your toon at 12, prolly that lvl 14 gear isn't better than ravenloft gear vs ravenloft mobs, cause iirc sharn gear (which could be better than ravenloft) is lvl 15
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by psykopeta View Post
    U will only get invited to lvl 12 base quests cause rxp is meaningless at that lvl, what ppl do care is heroic xp, so bravery which is +2 to base lvl
    Sorry, I'm obviously confused. You are saying I should use (Normal difficulty +2) as my model?

cause rxp is meaningless at that lvl, what ppl do care is heroic xp
    And what does that mean? People don't care about Reaper for Ravenloft? Just the N/H/E XP?

U will only get invited to lvl 12 base quests cause rxp is meaningless at that lvl, what ppl do care is heroic xp,so bravery which is +2 to base lvl

So...park your toon at 12, prolly that lvl 14 gear isn't better than ravenloft gear vs ravenloft mobs, cause iirc sharn gear (which could be better than ravenloft) is lvl 15
    Good point. RXP is usually not the primary goal. However, parking at 30 and running the Ravenloft quests on Reaper is where you will find a good portion of the population focused on Rxp earning.

what ppl do care is heroic xp,so bravery which is +2 to base lvl
    Agree.

maximum xp for a heroic quest is +2 to base level [on elite or reaper], so that is where most pugs will put the cap.
    rxp is still valued, but when leveling (elite/reaper first-time bonus) regular xp is just as important.
    Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm
    Makes me think that other post was your sock account.

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous
    Incorrect. Post reported.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrisulven7 View Post
    Sorry, I'm obviously confused. You are saying I should use (Normal difficulty +2) as my model?
    And what does that mean? People don't care about Reaper for Ravenloft? Just the N/H/E XP?
    People want to do reaper for Ravenloft for the base xp + 95% reaper xp + bravery 100% + etc... They do it for the 95% reaper vs the lower bonus from N/H/E but don't worry much about the RXP itself. If you're above +2 then the BB goes down from 100%.

Reaper Experience now uses the same over and under level XP penalties as regular XP, which is based off of the modified level of the quest.

? To clarify, a level 14 character running a level 12 dungeon on Reaper (which would have a modified quest level of 14) will now receive full Reaper Experience.
    A level 15 character running a level 12 dungeon on reaper (modified quest level of 14) will receive full Reaper Experience, but lose Bravery Bonus for regular experience.
    A level 16 character running a level 12 dungeon on reaper (modified quest level of 14) will receive a -10% overlevel penality to their Reaper experience, and lose their Bravery Bonus for regular experience.
    A level 17 character can not enter a level 12 dungeon as they are more than 4 levels higher than the unmodified quest level.
    Main 100+ Lives ( 42/42 HTR - 15/21 ITR - 45/48 ETR - 13/14 RAP - 33/36 RTR - 95/156 ), Jynxer - Completionist ( 22/42 HTR - 7/21 ITR - 12/36 ETR - 2/14 RAP - 1/36 RTR - 36/156 ), SoulDuster - Completionist ( 15x HTR 3x ETR 20/156 ) BlakReign - 1st Life Reaper https://ibb.co/album/k1hMqa https://ibb.co/album/g0yuAa https://ibb.co/album/bXjCWF

Community Member

People want to do reaper for Ravenloft for the base xp + 95% reaper xp + bravery 100% + etc... They do it for the 95% reaper vs the lower bonus from N/H/E but don't worry much about the RXP itself. If you're above +2 then the BB goes down from 100%.
    Maybe I need more coffee...

Are you making a distinction between any extra *heroic* XP they get from running Reaper VS the Reaper XP that gets applied to the Reaper enhancement tree?

Reaper Experience now uses the same over and under level XP penalties as regular XP, which is based off of the modified level of the quest.

? To clarify, a level 14 character running a level 12 dungeon on Reaper (which would have a modified quest level of 14) will now receive full Reaper Experience.
    A level 15 character running a level 12 dungeon on reaper (modified quest level of 14) will receive full Reaper Experience, but lose Bravery Bonus for regular experience.
    A level 16 character running a level 12 dungeon on reaper (modified quest level of 14) will receive a -10% overlevel penality to their Reaper experience, and lose their Bravery Bonus for regular experience.
    A level 17 character can not enter a level 12 dungeon as they are more than 4 levels higher than the unmodified quest level.
    I thought the entire party took that penalty, not just the toon that is causing the overlevel penalty?

Community Member

Regardless (IV's more coffee) it sounds like parking at 14th lvl is a no go.

Might even be better to park at 30th? Is that where most the Reaper Ravenloft groupings are these days?

I'm still not understanding why I should go 12 but not 13 then. Or are you guys including the four 10th level quests when you say better to park at 12?

Community Member

Maybe I need more coffee...

Are you making a distinction between any extra *heroic* XP they get from running Reaper VS the Reaper XP that gets applied to the Reaper enhancement tree?
    To clarify, since the XP revamp things swapped around a bunch. So this for heroic XP, not the reaper XP.
    Heroic XP = base xp + 95% reaper xp + bravery 100% + etc(trapping, no deaths, ransack, daily play,...)
    The 95% reaper is from doing the instance for the 1st time as reaper. You get +45% first time on elite, etc. Each of those first time bonuses can be done once for each difficulty. But if a person only plans to run an instance chain once and move on, then doing reaper for the +95% is the way to go as it's double the bonus first time xp vs elite.
    They also want to stack the highest bravery bonus, which is kept by being +2 or less above base; at 100% vs 50% or less when above +2.
    People tend to run reapers for getting up to level 20(/30) faster by stacking all those huge bonuses to non-RXP.

Community Member

Okay, that makes more sense to me now.

Basically, people are more concerned with running Ravenloft on reaper for the leveling XP, more than the Reaper Tree XP, so my lvl should be based on that.

Since parking at 14 is out anyway, I'll just park at 12 instead, so I can run all 3 chains with a group if needed. Does that seem wiser?
    Last edited by Fenrisulven7; 12-24-2019 at 05:43 PM.

Community Member

Since parking at 14 is out anyway, I'll just park at 12 instead, so I can run all 3 chains with a group if needed. Does that seem wiser?
    Yeah, 12 is good if you want access to all 3 chains/saga without hurting other players XP. 17 is also a sweet park spot for Sharn where you can equip both the level 15 & 17 Sharn gear, if you get tired of having the character only running Ravenloft.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    17 is also a sweet park spot for Sharn where you can equip both the level 15 & 17 Sharn gear, if you get tired of having the character only running Ravenloft.
    If that's true then I'll probably park another alt at 17th once I get some TRs done.

Goal here is to be able to find groups easily, so any suggestions on what is most often needed? Initimitanks, Rogues, healers? Thanks. I've only done the Sharn chain once.
    Last edited by Fenrisulven7; 12-25-2019 at 01:09 PM.