Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Banker/Mule Organization

Hello, I was just wondering what people have found to work well when it comes to storing gear on bankers/mules.

I prefer to keep it all on one account due to BTA gear.

Do you have separate mules for various ML of gear? (<-- Seems like the best idea to me, pending your replies).
    Do you keep melee gear on one and caster gear on another? Then how do you handle gear that works for both?
    Do you sort it some other way?

I am still going through lives and builds and thus have an accumulation of gear making it harder and harder to clear cache each time.

Right now I am in a mixed/hybrid state of mules, since I didn't think it through when I started needing the occasional banker/mule for overflow. I basically have 1 main mule for expendables such xp pots and other BTA stuff obtained from daily dice like melee power pots, mysterious remnant boosts, etc.

I have another banker (my original) that stores a mix-match of stuff. Another couple for xp stones to be used after TR, one for crafting blanks (accessories with green slots or adamantine/byeshk/cold iron/flametouched/silver that also have red slots), etc.

Trying to get organized a little better to keep down the "log in/out" of multiple bankers due to needed gear being so scattered.

Let me know what works for you. Thanks!.
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

I store very little gear compared to what I used to do since I never used most of it. I keep some named items and the rest I either Cannith Craft or use the Cannith Challenge gear. As for organising it all, I use 1 mule for challenge items, 1 for general stuff and 1 for twink items (items that I have crafted previously and all my items with augment slots on).

Stoner81.

I prefer to sort by min level for quick location

I do by level and what it is. 30 mules for clothing/jewelry levels 1-30. Separate mules for cloth, light, medium, heavy, and docent armors. Separate mules for weapons by type - light, heavy, 2 handed slash, 2 handed bludgeon, light/heavy/great crossbows, repeaters, rune arms, etc. Separate mules for caster sticks. Then mules for other stuff.
    Last edited by dragondragondragon; 12-22-2019 at 09:03 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    Hello, I was just wondering what people have found to work well when it comes to storing gear on bankers/mules.

I prefer to keep it all on one account due to BTA gear.

Do you have separate mules for various ML of gear? (<-- Seems like the best idea to me, pending your replies).
    Do you keep melee gear on one and caster gear on another? Then how do you handle gear that works for both?
    Do you sort it some other way?

I am still going through lives and builds and thus have an accumulation of gear making it harder and harder to clear cache each time.

Right now I am in a mixed/hybrid state of mules, since I didn't think it through when I started needing the occasional banker/mule for overflow. I basically have 1 main mule for expendables such xp pots and other BTA stuff obtained from daily dice like melee power pots, mysterious remnant boosts, etc.

I have another banker (my original) that stores a mix-match of stuff. Another couple for xp stones to be used after TR, one for crafting blanks (accessories with green slots or adamantine/byeshk/cold iron/flametouched/silver that also have red slots), etc.

Trying to get organized a little better to keep down the "log in/out" of multiple bankers due to needed gear being so scattered.

Let me know what works for you. Thanks!.

Three mules? Pffft, you're doing it wrong with anything less than ten. Or thirty.

Name bank alts so they all appear together with purpose indicated at end of the first name or as last name
    Named gear sorted by level and type
    Crafted gear sorted by level and type
    Slotted blanks
    Consumable items sorted by type and usage
    Commonly used consumable items kept in shared bank for quick access and extras stored on the appropriate bank alt.

I'm forgetting some....

Pro tip: Feel free to TR one or more bank alts for even more bank space.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyed-Pyper View Post
    Even more pro tip: TR the mule who has your stacking items, since you can add to partial stacks in the TR cache.

Community Member

I dont name them, but I use their character level indicating what level gear they are serving.

Veteran 2@7 => 4-13;
    Iconic@15 => 14-15
    Iconic@20 => 20-21

Low epic is purposefully empty, i will throw/sell any older loots. I store a few crafted BtA loots for 23/26 directly in the shared bank.

Works nicely for playing a single character * the way it is meant to be played per team SSG *

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragondragondragon View Post
    I do by level and what it is. 30 mules for clothing/jewelry levels 1-30. Separate mules for cloth, light, medium, heavy, and docent armors. Separate mules for weapons by type - light, heavy, 2 handed slash, 2 handed bludgeon, light/heavy/great crossbows, repeaters, rune arms, etc. Separate mules for caster sticks. Then mules for other stuff.
    I do the same

Armor
    Cloth (boots, cloaks, belts, gloves)
    Jewelry (bracers, goggles, helms, necklaces, trinkets)
    Weaps Melee
    Weaps Ranged
    Crafting (blanks with augment slots)
    Shaman (all potions, scrolls, rod staff wands)

Given there're so many shinies for level, i have mules by packs after ravenloft (for stuff before ravenloft i have 1 for epic and 1 for heroic), savijg only bta stuff and also 2 slaver mules, 1 heroic and 1 epic and for ravenloft/sharn, again 1 epic and 1 heroic lol
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Three mules? Pffft, you're doing it wrong with anything less than ten. Or thirty.
    Actually I was trying to keep my post short (since I often get long winded and wordy). If I were to mention them all I think it would look like this:

1 Mule on alternate account for special metal weapons with red slots.
    1 Mule on alt account for unbound accessories.
    2 Mules on main account for BTA expendables and those darn cosmetics.
    1 Mule on main account for some named weapons I won't be using for a few lives (daggers, staves, handwraps, etc.).
    3 Mules for xp stones for TR'ing back to L3-4 (only saving stones 2000xp or higher).

Then I have 1 guild officer chest (60 slots) for Drow, Thunderforged, Greensteel blank weapons, and some nice twink vorpal/keen/icy burst low level weapons. (The TF weapons have various ruby eye of *whatever* already slotted from before sentient weapons were a thing).
    The other guild officer chest has a mix of epic level unbound gear, low level twink gear, and boots of speed+parry for most levels.
    One guild non-officer chests contains unbound expendables.
    The other non-officer guild chest contains blank accessories with green slots.

My shared bank (maxed out) contains all my CC gear (which is a lot, both melee and caster, L10, L15/16, L20/21, L23, L26) and all my BTA gear (RL, upgraded TOEE, Slavers, Sharn, etc.).

Still my dang TR cache has over 150 items (curse you BTC gear!).

Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.

Default Alts Come in Handy

Okay, so after finally admitting I have some alts I will never play again, and realizing that they already had some extra bank and backpack space, I went ahead and relegated them to the esteemed status of "Retired Adventurer" and they began their new cushy career (having earned a well deserved rest) as "Bankers".

So I kept my previous 3 banker toons for XP Stone storage.
    I converted my old "Expendables" banker to handle BTA gear, meanwhile placing all BTA expendables in the shared bank.

So now I have the following bank toons:

3 for xp stones.
    1 for twink and BTA gear L1-4.
    1 for twink and BTA gear L5-9 (exception below)
    1 for Red Fens, TOEE, and Slavers heroic gear, also misc things like sentient jewels, raid timers, cosmetics, hearts of wood, and tomes.
    1 for bound/CC gear L10-14.
    1 for bound/CC gear L15-19.
    1 for bound/CC gear L20+.
    1 Alt account toon for crafting weapon blanks (special metal + red slot).
    1 Alt account toon for unbound twink gear all level ranges.
    1 Alt account toon for unbound twink weapons w/fest icy burst applied.

And of course I still utilize the 4 air ship chests (60 slots each):
    1 Unbound expendables.
    1 Accessory blanks w/green slots.
    1 TF/Drow/Unbound (as of yet) named weapons.
    1 Unbound (as of yet) named accessories/armor.

It took a few hours but I feel much more organized and my shared bank has plenty of space for swapping gear as I level, and I no longer fear my TR cache. LOL

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    So now I have the following bank toons: 3 for xp stones.
    LOL and here I thought my 2 alts for xp stones was a bit much

What are your naming conventions? Change the surnames to Fivexnine, Tenxfourteen, etc? It's just the first name that has to be unique, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrisulven7 View Post
    Yeah I only save the 2k and higher, I immedioatyely use anything less than 2k. I could probably get rid of one (or two) if I only saved 5k+ stones or something.

What are your naming conventions? Change the surnames to Fivexnine, Tenxfourteen, etc? It's just the first name that has to be unique, right?
    These are re-purposed alts I used to play, so they just have their original names. Not going to pay for name changes (even surnames). Two of them are actually transferees from the HC server. I keep track of who has what in my head and on a thousand little sticky notes and scraps of paper laying all over my desk. lol

Community Member

After years of trying different mule systems, I've finally settled on a streamlined approach. Sort my character list alphabetically and named my mules: Zamule One to Ten, Zemule Eleven to Nineteen, and Zzmule Twenty to Thirty. All gear in those ranges, no longer separated my weapons, armor, ect. My exp gems and tomes sits on one last character.

I was a pack rat. I recently went thru a purge and I'm down to 6 banktoons.

Lvl 1-8 Clothing and Jewelry
    Lvl 9-19 Clothing, Potions, Wands, Scrolls
    Lvl 9-19 Jewelry, tools, tomes, misc
    Lvl 1-19 Weapons
    Lvl 1-19 Armor and Cosmetis
    Epic everything

As I do more in epics I'll need to get a 2nd one and split things up a bit.

It's hard, but I dump a lot more stuff now. No more "well, I might use it someday on a crazy build". Nope, dump it. LOL

Community Member

Thanks for the laugh.

Community Member

Since I've basically retired my alts, they are now bank toons. I keep a list of their names and what category of stuff they are holding.

After changing it repeatedly, what works best for me is to divide using a combination of levels and type of stuff. If something is good for both melee and caster, I file it under general purpose. So I personally have:

2 handed weapons
    trap gear
    1 handed weapons (heroic)
    1 handed weapons (epic)
    consumables
    general purpose gear (1-10)
    general purpose gear (11-20)
    general purpose gear (epic)
    orbs, crossbows
    longbows
    other ranged weapons
    caster gear (heroic)
    caster gear (epic)
    melee/ranged gear (heroic)
    melee/ranged gear (epic)
    handwraps
    runearms/docents/collars/shields
    xp gems
    crafting blanks/clickies

Also, my shared bank space is usually carrying around 200 or so items.

On a related note, can we get more space for our stuff?
    A little snark, no vitriol.
    (with credit to HungarianRhapsody)

Graceana (currently a thrower)
    My alts are put out to pasture
    The Casual Obsession
    Khyber

Community Member

Mule 1: Lvl 1-9
    Mule 2: Lvl 10-14
    Mule 3: Lvl 15-19
    Mule 4: Lvl 20-25
    Mule 5: Lvl 26-30
    Mule 6: Basic stuff (Tomes, crafting things, dragonshards, XP pots, slayer boosts,...)

Unlock their full inventory/bank, so you got 8 full tabs. Given that most of my mules cover around 5 levels, every inventory tab is one level with common ML (10, 14, 16) overflowing into the bank.

Right now I'm at a point where I can still find **** to dissolve if I need to make more room - it's VERY important to learn to let go of things that are just absolutely obsolete. (says the person hanging on to an Eardweller...)

It could be useful to group according to which builds need the stuff, but there's just so much that is universal or close enough to it that it would get messy. Also, whenever I hit a new level bracket, I fill the shared bank to the brim with everything I am going to wear at some point of that bracket, which cuts down on logging back and forth. It's probably not ideal, but if you play good builds, you don't have to fuss too much over that one item that could get you +1 con for 2 levels before you get the next again.

One thing I keep procrastrinating away from is an Excel file that keeps track of what I wear. This would help placing items more readily available and inform me of what items I never use so they can go in the bin.

Also, this wasn't my starting point - but whenever char slots were on have sale (50% or more off) and I was stacked enough with points, I'd increase my army of mules.

Community Member

I use a two tiered mule system, shallow and deep storage.

Shallow storage, say gearsets for a caster archetype, if I'm running multiple caster lives in a row (I tend not to switch archetypes except every 3+ lives), get stashed on a squire toon dedicated to the main toon I'm running (I have 5 mains). One I've established the levelling set I want, that gets cycled back and forth onto the squire as the toon needs/doesn't need, it. When I change archetypes, then I move the gearset from shallow to deep storage and extract another levelling gearset

Deep storage is separated gear type, each type sorted by level range, and multiple types combined on a single mule where appropriate. If a combination of types grows too great for a single mule, I'll spawn another mule and re-partition the types.

Rings
    Necklaces
    Trinkets
    Booths
    Gloves
    Helmets
    Cloak
    Shields
    Orbs
    Heavy Armor
    Medium Armor
    Light Armor
    Robes
    Bows
    Arrows
    Caster sticks/staffs/weapons
    1-hand weapons
    2-hand weapons
    Throwing weapons
    DR blank weapons
    Qstaves
    Handwraps
    Consumables (pots/cakes/scrolls/etc)
    XP gems (sorted by value so when I use them to boost from lvl 1 to 3/4, I use all the tiny amounts first to recover storage and only dip into the bigger xp ones as needed).
    Last edited by myliftkk_v2; 01-19-2021 at 01:58 PM.

Community Member

Name bank alts so they all appear together with purpose indicated at end of the first name or as last name
    Named gear sorted by level and type
    Crafted gear sorted by level and type
    Slotted blanks
    Consumable items sorted by type and usage
    Commonly used consumable items kept in shared bank for quick access and extras stored on the appropriate bank alt.

I'm forgetting some....

And I thought 4 mules was excessive.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast