Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Default Fix 1 HP reapers

    Since the new reapers were introduced in August, reapers of all types sometimes spawn with 1 HP instead of full health. While a blessing for Doom Reapers, it sucks for Vengeance Reapers.
    DPS solves all problems. R10 or bust. Khyber: Ying-1, Kobeyashi

  2. #2
    2014 DDO Players Council
    SirValentine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Eastern USA
    Posts
    8,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    reapers of all types sometimes spawn with 1 HP...it sucks for Vengeance Reapers.
    Maybe it's a deliberate attempt to increase "challenge"?
    Quote Originally Posted by ProducerRowan View Post
    Our final update of 2014 will extend the level cap to 30, which is intended to be DDO’s “permanent” level cap

  3. #3

    Default

    1 HP reapers still pop up from time to time, though the frequency has been significant reduced since I first posted. Over the weekend I ran into a three 1 HP reapers total in R10 Search and Rescue and Black and Blue.
    DPS solves all problems. R10 or bust. Khyber: Ying-1, Kobeyashi

  4. #4
    Chaotic Evil Mindos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pocket Pita Plane
    Posts
    3,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    1 HP reapers still pop up from time to time, though the frequency has been significant reduced since I first posted. Over the weekend I ran into a three 1 HP reapers total in R10 Search and Rescue and Black and Blue.
    My latest theory is that the game is rarely incorrectly attempting to spawn the reaper as a champion. i.e., the reaper spawns normally, the champ upgrade mechanic erroneouslytriggers, overwrites its HP before failing to adjust it's stats higher, and we're left with a placeholder 1 hp reaper. So the "don't spawn as champ" flag DOES get read, but its after the grab, so to speak.

  5. #5
    Community Member Dabima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    715

    Default

    I have a theory that 1 hp reapers are reapers that spawned in when the map loaded. Most newer quests have enemies spawn as you approach a room, rather than being placed when the instance is created like most older quests. As reapers spawn when enemies spawn, it seems that the only 1hp reapers I have encountered were ones that were present when the instance was created. As soon as they teleport, they properly scale to the CR and HP they should be. I've never seen reapers that spawned in when I entered a room spawn with 1 hp.
    Orien: ][Vladtepes][Gelatinous][Lelitha]

  6. #6
    Bounty Hunter slarden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    12,499

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dabima View Post
    I have a theory that 1 hp reapers are reapers that spawned in when the map loaded. Most newer quests have enemies spawn as you approach a room, rather than being placed when the instance is created like most older quests. As reapers spawn when enemies spawn, it seems that the only 1hp reapers I have encountered were ones that were present when the instance was created. As soon as they teleport, they properly scale to the CR and HP they should be. I've never seen reapers that spawned in when I entered a room spawn with 1 hp.
    At least in Ravenloft I've only seen the low hp reapers spawn in the same location as rats which have very few hp.

    I don't think it's a problem worth fixing honestly - it happens infrequently enough.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

  7. #7
    FreeDeeOh PsychoBlonde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,880

    Default

    I've also seen cases where a reaper will spawn in such a way that the local monsters are hostile to it and they'll fight each other, which is kinda hilarious.

  8. #8
    Founder adamkatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    3,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    I've also seen cases where a reaper will spawn in such a way that the local monsters are hostile to it and they'll fight each other, which is kinda hilarious.
    Ive seen this happen a couple of times in cabal for one.
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload