Community Member

Default Surviving Security Detail boss.

Hi folks, I realise this is probably old hat by now, but I've only been back to DDO for a couple of months, so sorry for asking this.
    I seem to have a real problem soloing the boss in Security Detail, in that I don't know how to survive his special attack, in fact I'm not even sure I know what it is. I thought it was some sort of fire dot, so crafted a fire absorb/resist item, cast fireshield and tried, nope. His dot/attack/whatever just killed me (this seems to apply both to LE and LR1). I eventually kinda whittle him down, by constantly rezzing (good job the shrine is close) and after a while he seems to get stuck in a corner and I can go in, unleash a volley/DOTS then duck out of way to heal up, but it seems to lack elegance and I'm sure there must be a better way to do it.
    Wiki is no help and it says nothing about him.

Quote Originally Posted by TallMikeM View Post
    Hi folks, I realise this is probably old hat by now, but I've only been back to DDO for a couple of months, so sorry for asking this.
    I seem to have a real problem soloing the boss in Security Detail, in that I don't know how to survive his special attack, in fact I'm not even sure I know what it is. I thought it was some sort of fire dot, so crafted a fire absorb/resist item, cast fireshield and tried, nope. His dot/attack/whatever just killed me (this seems to apply both to LE and LR1). I eventually kinda whittle him down, by constantly rezzing (good job the shrine is close) and after a while he seems to get stuck in a corner and I can go in, unleash a volley/DOTS then duck out of way to heal up, but it seems to lack elegance and I'm sure there must be a better way to do it.
    Wiki is no help and it says nothing about him.
    He does both evil and fire damage, which can build into a nasty DoT if you get multiple stacks on you. This quest is one of the harder walkups due to the sheer amount of damage you'll take if you don't drop the wraiths quick enough. The best defense is good MRR, reflex, and fire absorption. You can also turn on the turrets at any point during the fight using the levers, and they can help draw fire away from you or deal some damage
    Orien: ][Vladtepes][Gelatinous][Lelitha]

Community Member

ah yes evil damage. Guess that'd be it, thanks. He's got 3 warlock lives, guess it's time to get some deep gnome.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

It's WAAAAY easier with a party because then you have multiple people beating on him and only one of you taking his hits. Also, you can have other party members turning on the turrets instead of getting interrupted with damage so they don't turn on.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by Dabima View Post
    You can also turn on the turrets at any point during the fight using the levers, and they can help draw fire away from you or deal some damage
    Up until they get destroyed and spawn another wraith.

Makes you wonder what does Vaunt use to power those turrets.

Yeah, the fire+evil dots are deadly. They last 15 seconds iirc and if you get hit before that time runs out it resets the time and increases the stack. It ramps up quite quickly. However, the end fight area does not seal off, and he's too big to fit through the door. So if the stacks get too high you can retreat out of the room. He will not follow you out, but will also not white-dot away, and he does not regenerate. So you can wait the dot out and run back in as many times as you need.

I know most people are not patient enough to do that, and would rather try to muscle through and die in the process then give up/quit because of bruised ego and rezing and trying again takes "too long"... but it is a tactic that works.