Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Downtime Notice: Wednesday, December 18th 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT)

The DDO game worlds will be brought down for maintenance on Wednesday, December 18th from 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT). This downtime includes a very small patch to correct an issue that is not directly visible involving the creation and removal of airship instances.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The DDO game worlds will be brought down for maintenance on Wednesday, December 18th from 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM Eastern (-5 GMT). This downtime includes a very small patch to correct an issue that is not directly visible involving the creation and removal of airship instances.
    Is this thought to be related to the increased lag issues many have reported since the last update?

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by jkalten View Post
    Is this thought to be related to the increased lag issues many have reported since the last update?
    Potentially, but it's best to not set any expectations until we see how things look tomorrow.
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

Are you sure you are comfortable with this instead of just a restart? Today's LoTRO patch has brought the servers down for over 10 hours and there is still no notification on when you expect them to come back online! Do we want to cripple two games this week, especially when each game is hosting is a winter event? I am scared.

<fingers crossed>

Potentially, but it's best to not set any expectations until we see how things look tomorrow.
    This would be awesome if it does! I just did a racial TR and ended up in Korthos with all of my items in my bags. The items took 10 minutes to 1 by 1 be inserted into my tr cache. Luckily I ended up with all my stuff as far as I know, but it scared me to death!
    Sarlona - Melkizadek, Reikenn, Cellestte, Boeregard

So this addresses the issue of people ending up on empty "showpiece" versions of their airship?

Micki's Delirium
    2014 DDO Players Council

there are always expectations.
    Read my blog: Micki's Delirium
    Follow me on Twitter: @DDOMicki
    YouTube: Thazara ofOrien
    Join Orien Raiding: Orien Raiding Discord

What about server performance?
    I am running around epic wildernesses and there are no mob spawns even when I am standing in 1 spot for 5 min.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titusovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Quote Originally Posted by TitusOvid View Post
    there are no mob spawns even when I am standing in 1 spot for 5 min.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    As far as I know standing still in an explore area does not make any mobs spawn. The entire area is populated when you enter it, and the only thing that makes more mobs spawn is more players entering.

Quote Originally Posted by Micki View Post
    there are always expectations.
    Well, I don't know what I was expecting, but I just started the game and it's patching. I can live without ship buffs for a while as they repopulate ... and patching done, signing in

Community Manager

The game worlds have reopened.
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

The game worlds have reopened.
    Will we be going down Friday Morning too?

Quote Originally Posted by Boeregard-Sarlona View Post
    This would be awesome if it does! I just did a racial TR and ended up in Korthos with all of my items in my bags. The items took 10 minutes to 1 by 1 be inserted into my tr cache. Luckily I ended up with all my stuff as far as I know, but it scared me to death!
    It actually let you insert items into your TR cache? This sounds pretty F'd up if you ask me, glad it all appears to have worked out. Out of curiosity, did you try putting any other items into your TR cache..for example anything that was in the shared bank, or would it only let you put items that were on your person into the cache?
    Neurik of Argo.
    8 Ranger 8 Rogue 4 Arti Inquisitor Heroic TR build--> https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...eroic-TR-build

Quote Originally Posted by Swimms View Post
    It actually let you insert items into your TR cache? This sounds pretty F'd up if you ask me, glad it all appears to have worked out. Out of curiosity, did you try putting any other items into your TR cache..for example anything that was in the shared bank, or would it only let you put items that were on your person into the cache?
    If I understand correctly, when he entered the game after a TR, you know how you stand there a minute and your shortcut bars appear and pop into place, etc.? If you watch your chat it tells you "X items placed in TR cache" or something similar (example - 235 items placed in TR cache) - sometimes if there is sufficient lag it can take several seconds or longer for this message to appear. I have actually opened my inventory to see it populated by all my items briefly and then quickly disappear, and then the message appears in chat that items were placed/moved to TR cache. I am guessing he saw this happen in super slow motion due to excessive lag.

As a side note, if you have stackable items in your TR cache, you can actually manually add items (up to the max stack size) to your TR cache at any time. So if you have a single potion of cure serious wounds in your TR cache, you can add up to 99 more either all at once or a few at a time.
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    If I understand correctly, when he entered the game after a TR, you know how you stand there a minute and your shortcut bars appear and pop into place, etc.? If you watch your chat it tells you "X items placed in TR cache" or something similar (example - 235 items placed in TR cache) - sometimes if there is sufficient lag it can take several seconds or longer for this message to appear. I have actually opened my inventory to see it populated by all my items briefly and then quickly disappear, and then the message appears in chat that items were placed/moved to TR cache. I am guessing he saw this happen in super slow motion due to excessive lag.

As a side note, if you have stackable items in your TR cache, you can actually manually add items (up to the max stack size) to your TR cache at any time. So if you have a single potion of cure serious wounds in your TR cache, you can add up to 99 more either all at once or a few at a time.
    Gotcha, makes sense. I actually have never even opened my inventory when TRing so did not know that with lag you can see the items being moved. I am actually glad I did not know this as it would probably freak me out every time I TR'd
    Neurik of Argo.
    8 Ranger 8 Rogue 4 Arti Inquisitor Heroic TR build--> https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...eroic-TR-build

Gotcha, makes sense. I actually have never even opened my inventory when TRing so did not know that with lag you can see the items being moved. I am actually glad I did not know this as it would probably freak me out every time I TR'd
    Another thing you might see, depending on how many items you left in your inventory and how much strength your TR'd toon has, is the little symbol in your buffs area that shows you are encumbered. It pops up briefly for me every time, until those few seconds it takes to "move" items into the TR cache.
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

Will there be reimbursement to people that paid to upgrade airship buffs that didn't get upgraded but took the shards anyways?
    Shaox xKahn of Orien server

~Let me in....

Community Member

Default No discernible change

Still seeing lag and still getting stuck on load screens. The last two times while trying to exit from an adventure. Usually requires a full reboot of the computer and the passage of at least 5 minutes to be able to log back into that toon. Do xp pots continue to wind down?

Edit: one more thing--I can log into another server--but I cannot log back into the one where my toon got stuck on the load screen. Just tried an alt on that server and can't log in with the alt either.
    Last edited by JQP; 12-18-2019 at 07:55 PM.

It actually did it itself! I didn't touch it and watched 1 by 1 as items magically disappeared from my inventory. Needless to say I rushed to the bank to make sure all was well lol. Afterward I was able to remove items from my TR Cache just fine.

(Edit) Actually come to think of it... it was so slow that my starter items ended up in my tr cache lol
    Last edited by Boeregard-Sarlona; 12-18-2019 at 08:02 PM.
    Sarlona - Melkizadek, Reikenn, Cellestte, Boeregard

No, when you load in on your character in front of Jeets you still have all your items on you, and the script to create the cache and move items to the cache is actually executed after you can see your character on screen. Normally it goes very quickly though, so you do not see your items in your inventory, but if there is some lag you can open your inventory and see items dissapear from it one by one. I have seen this several times.

What is very very very important then is to wait and do nothing until the script has done its job and everything is gone. If you do anything with your items in inventory during this phase then you break the script and you will loose items.

And your are absolutely right. It should not be this way, things should be done and completed while we are on the loading screen. We should not load into the world and see our character before everything has completed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast