Community Member

Default So about those TOD rings...

Hey all.
    I remember the handwraps' revamp back in like 2k15-2k16 or so, which caused them to no longer function with TOD rings, which from then on only worked with basic unarmed strike, with no wrap on.

Has there been any update to this? Do they still not function, and is there any plan to somehow revamp TOD rings to either give some benefit to wraps (as I recall, most people argued that the wrap "nerf" was fine since unarmed AND TOD damage bonuses were too high but since then we also had a nerf to base monk unarmed damage *cough-cough*), so, I guess what I am asking is: any chance that TOD rings + wraps see a possible reconsideration/new way of working out together?

Or should I just dump my holy burst/flaming burst TOD rings, as I got like 7-8 of them, but no longer being useful for heroic TR, they are basically just inventory spot-takers.

Any dev response would also be appreciated.

Community Member

Still not working last I checked and not likely to in the near future. I hold on to mine in the hopes of a retro fix, but that's extremely unlikely and TBH the minor boost they give is simply not worth it anymore.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by frepla View Post
    Hey all.
    I remember the handwraps' revamp back in like 2k15-2k16 or so, which caused them to no longer function with TOD rings, which from then on only worked with basic unarmed strike, with no wrap on.

Has there been any update to this? Do they still not function, and is there any plan to somehow revamp TOD rings to either give some benefit to wraps (as I recall, most people argued that the wrap "nerf" was fine since unarmed AND TOD damage bonuses were too high but since then we also had a nerf to base monk unarmed damage *cough-cough*), so, I guess what I am asking is: any chance that TOD rings + wraps see a possible reconsideration/new way of working out together?

Or should I just dump my holy burst/flaming burst TOD rings, as I got like 7-8 of them, but no longer being useful for heroic TR, they are basically just inventory spot-takers.

They changed wraps to normal weapon so they could probably let the ring works with all weapon as ravekin trinket or mod gloves... If they want.. Prob they dont want
    In game in Cannith as
    Aborim Master (main toon) --- Nickallin (my tank)--- Jjnick (warlock 30) --- Nickpunick ()--- Nickruvido (my healer)--- Nickallinone (shuri build)
    KVP Korthos Village People

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alled78 View Post
    They changed wraps to normal weapon so they could probably let the ring works with all weapon as ravekin trinket or mod gloves... If they want.. Prob they dont want
    I would doubt that it would be that easy.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by edgarallanpoe View Post
    I would doubt that it would be that easy.
    Not saying it will be easy (because, yes, this is DDO), but it should be considering they already have the code in use on several other non-weapon items that adds a proc damage effect to weapon attacks.

Echo of Ravenkind
    Epic Red Dragon Armors
    Dragon Masque
    Stratis on Khyber

Want to know my build?
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...il-of-the-Bard

Quote Originally Posted by frepla View Post

Devs did comment on this back when the change was made.

Monks where introduced after we got Shroud and greensteel. So there where no greensteel handwraps for monks when they added monk to the game. Monks got the ToD rings to at least give them something, as devs then said that adding greensteel handwraps was not possible or too much work back then.

After the latest change monks have everything other classes have, there is no difference anymore. Monks do not need the ToD rings anymore, and I can guarantee you, dev answer in this thread or not, that they are not going to do anything to change that.

I'd love to see an answer on this one myself, as my old dex built halfling light monk has his shintao and ninja set pieces with holy and electric bursts on them.

I haven't played this guy for so long that I didn't even know they'd stop working..... and if there are no plans to sort that out, then I think I can just take all the passable gear off this guy for my multi TR characters and make that one a bank slot........ always with the need for storage.... packrat fever has me by the short and curlies.

Coit out.
    Coitfluff Coitrippr Coitrocket CoitburnerLuciforge Coithealz: Ghallanda

ToD was peak "bad old days" of loot design. A bunch of half implemented and half broken loot built around a prestige enhancement system that not only wasn't finished at the time, but was never finished. Not to mention that they seemed to be designed specifically to create loot drama with the ridiculous number and being named after specific builds despite the same ones being good for most builds.

Another example of how people who complain about how bad things are now have short memories.

If they were to re-do the loot there it would need to be from the ground up, which probably isn't worth the time.
    Sabbath - Sarlona

I'm guesing it would be a massive amount of hassle to update these rings. Much simply to give it something like weapons deal extra based on actual number of monk levels and add holy to the damage DR. My guess though that the holy damage would probably be impossible to apply to wraps only though.

The only way I can see these rings being updated is if they decided to do a legendary version of this pack and decided to update the rings and heroic loot at the same time.

On a similar / seperate note. Is the extra damage from brawlers gloves applying the piercing damage when using handwraps? My hunch is that it isn't.

https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Epic_B...ves_(level_20)

I asked already a while ago for a bug fix on this Tower of Despair rings because they are not working anymore (as the OP stated) the answer from Lynnabel was they dont want to "push them forward" which is a very unsatisfying answer if you ask me.
    The Echo of Ravenkind trinket with a very similar effect is actually working so I doubt it is too difficult to fix it...
    "Act according to a maxim which can be adopted at the same time as a universal law."
    -Immanuel Kant-

"Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has."
    -René Descartes-