Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    647

    Default Palnatoke - 11/6/3 Bard/Ranger/Rogue

    First of all: English is my second language and although i believe that my English is decent i might have made some semantic or grammatical errors. I hope you can forgive these mistakes.

    Playstyle:
    Point and shoot. Press buttons to add extra damage. You have access to Sniper shot, Aimed shot, Blow by blow ranged and Shoot later.
    You get 2 favored enemies which add a little extra damage to tough enemies.

    Race: Gnome

    Alignement: Neutral good.

    Historical Facts
    Harald Blåtand (Harold Bluetooth) also known as Harold the good was son of King Gorm the old and Queen Thyra Dannebod and was king of Denmark from around 958 til his death in 987.
    Harald Blåtand was the first king to garther the whole of Denmark under his kingdom. Hence he was the first king of Denmark. I am pretty sure Denmark is short for Danernes Mark (Field) where Danerne is the people who live here.
    Harald Blåtand also allowed christian missionaries into denmark and converted denmark from the old gods, such as Odin, Thor, Thyr, Freja etc to christianity. These names still appear in the danish names for the weekdays. Wednesday (Onsdag) is short for Odinsdag (Odins day) and torsdag and tirsdag is Thorsday and Thyrsday.
    The marvel fictional character Thor is based on the old god Thor. In denmark some still believe in these gods and in danish it is called Ase as the race of these gods was Aser.

    The legend of Palnatoke
    Palnatoke is not a normal nordic name so it is believed that it is a nickname for Toke Pallesen which means Toke son of Palle. The ending -sen in danish means son. Others believe that Palnatoke is short for Polish Toke.
    Palnatoke believed in the old gods and was against christianity. When it was introduced into denmark he joined Svend Tveskæg (Svend DualBeard) son of Harald Blåtand in revolting against Harald Blåtand.
    The legend has it that Palnatoke was forced to shoot an apple from the head of his son by Harald Blåtand. The same legend was said about Wilhelm Tell around 450 years later.
    Palnatoke was the bane of Harald Blåtand as he shot him in the butt. The thing was Harald was bend over so the bolt came out of his mouth and therefore killing Harald Blåtand.

    I was not able to find out whether Palnatoke was weilding a crossbow or bow but this build uses a crossbow.

    Fun fact: The Bluetooth interface is named after Harald Blåtand.

    It is actually a really interesting story about the danish line of kings and queens. I don’t personally know much about it, but this was interesting finding out – some of it i learned in school as a kid but had forgotten.
    Another interesting story about Denmark is the story of how we got our flag. You will have to find out for yourself.

    The build
    Action points:
    41 inq, 12 harper, 12 swash, 13 deepwood, 2 left. If 1 universal tome spend 3 in mechanic for +2 damage and one sneak dice. If you have any racial ap spend them to get +6 damage from gnome.
    Inquisitive 35 ranged power, 15 doubleshot, 30 alacrity.
    Swashbuckler 12 for 8 damage and 12 doubleshot - have to enable swashbuckling with light crossbow in inq therefore loosing 5 so effectively 7 doubleshot.
    Bard 8 gets you +2 damage from songs and another two from good hope spell. That's a total of 12 damage from bard.

    Here is a level progression suggestion but you can alter it if you like:
    Lvl 1 rogue 1. Feat: Rapid reload.
    lvl 2 ranger 1
    lvl 3 ranger 2. Feat: point blank shot
    lvl 4 ranger 3
    lvl 5 ranger 4
    lvl 6 ranger 5. Feat: Precision
    lvl 7 ranger 6
    lvl 8 bard 1
    lvl 9 bard 2. Feat: Insightful reflexes
    lvl 10 rogue 2
    lvl 11-19 bard 3-11. Lvl 12 feat: Improved crit req bab 8. Lvl 15 feat: Imp precise shot req dex 19 and bab 11. bab ranger 6, rogue 1, bard 5 ok! Lvl 18 feat: weapon focus
    lvl 20 rogue 3

    If you find this interesting please be adviced that it is a glasscannon, so i will not suggest to do hardcore with this build.

    If geared right - and my calculations are right - you should do 4606 dps on non lawful monsters while sneaking and 3669 lawful not sneaking.

    For NHB the numbers are 5945 and 4705.

    Let me know what you think - gonna come back and do the gearing at some point but the ratcatcher is sort of given...
    Check out my website for calculating DPS and damage mitigation: http://mmlddo.com

  2. #2
    Community Member Swimms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultinoob View Post
    The build
    Action points:
    41 inq, 12 harper, 12 swash, 13 deepwood, 2 left. If 1 universal tome spend 3 in mechanic for +2 damage and one sneak dice. If you have any racial ap spend them to get +6 damage from gnome.
    Inquisitive 35 ranged power, 15 doubleshot, 30 alacrity.
    Swashbuckler 12 for 8 damage and 12 doubleshot - have to enable swashbuckling with light crossbow in inq therefore loosing 5 so effectively 7 doubleshot.
    Bard 8 gets you +2 damage from songs and another two from good hope spell. That's a total of 12 damage from bard.

    Here is a level progression suggestion but you can alter it if you like:
    Lvl 1 rogue 1. Feat: Rapid reload.
    lvl 2 ranger 1
    lvl 3 ranger 2. Feat: point blank shot
    lvl 4 ranger 3
    lvl 5 ranger 4
    lvl 6 ranger 5. Feat: Precision
    lvl 7 ranger 6
    lvl 8 bard 1
    lvl 9 bard 2. Feat: Insightful reflexes
    lvl 10 rogue 2
    lvl 11-19 bard 3-11. Lvl 12 feat: Improved crit req bab 8. Lvl 15 feat: Imp precise shot req dex 19 and bab 11. bab ranger 6, rogue 1, bard 5 ok! Lvl 18 feat: weapon focus
    lvl 20 rogue 3

    I am curious what (and why for that matter) you take in Swashbuckler enhancements? Would it not be better to just put more points into DWS for killer?
    Neurik of Argo.
    8 Ranger 8 Rogue 4 Arti Inquisitor Heroic TR build--> https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...eroic-TR-build

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swimms View Post
    I am curious what (and why for that matter) you take in Swashbuckler enhancements? Would it not be better to just put more points into DWS for killer?
    Well i most admit i did not take into account killer, but since it is a none constant it is hard to factor in.

    In Swashbuckler i take the first three cores for +2 doubleshot and +1 enhancement on weapon and +1 damage. Then blow by blow ranged, fast movement and Dashing Scoundrel for +6 damage and 10 doubleshot.

    8 damage is a lot, but let's run it through the program i made you get 20 doubleshot - if only temporarely - and loose 8 damage and 10 doubleshot. you can however take 5 doubleshot again in inq. So total doubleshot gain is 15.
    4756 dps

    So yes you are right it will get you 150 more dps if you can keep it up. But if not you dps drops to 4266.

    I personally would rather have more consistent dps. I am not happy with this build dealing law and sneak damage, but it was the best i could do.
    Check out my website for calculating DPS and damage mitigation: http://mmlddo.com

  4. #4
    Community Member Swimms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultinoob View Post
    Well i most admit i did not take into account killer, but since it is a none constant it is hard to factor in.

    In Swashbuckler i take the first three cores for +2 doubleshot and +1 enhancement on weapon and +1 damage. Then blow by blow ranged, fast movement and Dashing Scoundrel for +6 damage and 10 doubleshot.

    8 damage is a lot, but let's run it through the program i made you get 20 doubleshot - if only temporarely - and loose 8 damage and 10 doubleshot. you can however take 5 doubleshot again in inq. So total doubleshot gain is 15.
    4756 dps

    So yes you are right it will get you 150 more dps if you can keep it up. But if not you dps drops to 4266.

    I personally would rather have more consistent dps. I am not happy with this build dealing law and sneak damage, but it was the best i could do.
    I find that killer (20% doubleshot) and thrill of the hunt (+3) damage are pretty much up all the time with an inquisitor.
    Neurik of Argo.
    8 Ranger 8 Rogue 4 Arti Inquisitor Heroic TR build--> https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...eroic-TR-build

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    647

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swimms View Post
    I find that killer (20% doubleshot) and thrill of the hunt (+3) damage are pretty much up all the time with an inquisitor.
    Ok. Thing is in end boss fight in forexample Chronoscope it's hard to keep them up. But it does open up for heavy crossbows and taking something else than gnome. Maybe Warforged...

    EDIT: So i redid the math since i made an error. You get +3 damage and 20 doubleshot. You loose 7 doubleshot and 12 damage... maybe 8, but you also loose blow by blow ranged, which to my knowledge only works while swashbuckling. With 12 lost we get 4641 dps and with 8 its 4757.

    In all fairness if we don't take 11 levels of bard for 12 damage and 7 doubleshot we can probably put them to good use elsewhere. This also opens up for leg shot.
    Last edited by Ultinoob; 12-09-2019 at 06:06 PM.
    Check out my website for calculating DPS and damage mitigation: http://mmlddo.com

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    647
    Check out my website for calculating DPS and damage mitigation: http://mmlddo.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload