Default December Deals Splash page misses it's mark.

If you click on the December Deals splash ad, it sends you to the Sharn sale only.
    I am pretty sure that was not intended.
    Planescape City of Doors for DDO endgame. Even dying in certain places can create new adventures.

Community Manager

What do you mean by "splash ad"? The launcher image seems to be directing to DDO.com as intended.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

when you click on the December sale announcement, on the launcher (splash ad), it sends you
    to ddo.com ... Sharn Sale. Not the Dec sale.

If I click on the December sale, I want information ... pause for effect... on the December sale.
    Not Sharn.

This is not rocket science, it is pre-business 101.

:-)
    Planescape City of Doors for DDO endgame. Even dying in certain places can create new adventures.

Community Member

Default as VIP no DEEP Dezember sales

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    What do you mean by "splash ad"? The launcher image seems to be directing to DDO.com as intended.
    Hi Cordovan,

I thought as a VIP it is possible now to get the sales- but its still not possible- cant buy the DEEP dezember sales?

Thanks
    Tarinia

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Tarinia View Post
    Hi Cordovan,

I thought as a VIP it is possible now to get the sales- but its still not possible- cant buy the DEEP dezember sales?

Thanks
    Tarinia
    We made sure the Black Friday stuff was available to VIPs and everyone else, but these weekly deals don't necessarily follow that. We definitely tried to get a good mix, but there were some things we (and players by frequent suggestion) wanted on sale that wouldn't fit into that philosophy.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

I'm hoping this December, we see augments on sale (its been awhile) and an ALL cosmetics sale not just cosmetic outfits, a category which excludes docents, heavy, med and light armor cosmetics as well as hats/helms. I don't know why there is even a distinction for a cosmetic sale that only puts cosmetic outfits on discount.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

There are players who suggested that those who paid for VIP should NOT have access to purchase packs when on sale?

Why would the player who didnt subscribe care if someone who did subscribe can also purchase packs on sale?

This VIP vs Premium stuff is starting to become too divisive if players are providing such feedback.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

We made sure the Black Friday stuff was available to VIPs and everyone else, but these weekly deals don't necessarily follow that. We definitely tried to get a good mix, but there were some things we (and players by frequent suggestion) wanted on sale that wouldn't fit into that philosophy.
    What is the point in locking out VIP's from ANY purchase? Are you worried we will buy everything then cancel our Sub?

I've been a subscriber since 2010. I think that is the definition of loyalty. Why punish VIP's and prevent them from participating in these sales?
    Leader of Legion of Eberron on Cannith.

Characters: Loromir & Baldomir....among others.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Loromir View Post
    What is the point in locking out VIP's from ANY purchase?
    The store doesnt let you buy something you already have, its a safety feature to keep you from accidentally wasting points. I just dont think its possible technically, not that its specifically not intended.

VIPs can buy stuff while VIP, it just requires CS doing it manually for you.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    The store doesnt let you buy something you already have, its a safety feature to keep you from accidentally wasting points. I just dont think its possible technically, not that its specifically not intended.

VIPs can buy stuff while VIP, it just requires CS doing it manually for you.
    Then put in a legit system to make sure folks know what they are buying. "Hey You! You have this content from your VIP subscription, are you SURE you want to purchase it?"

*Yes*

"Ok! Are you really really sure! We will mock you forever if you ask for your money back!"

*Yes*

"Grumble grumble, Ok, fine, here you go if you're really sure?"

*YES! For the last time YES TAKE MY MONEY!*

Edit: And based on the way Cordovan wrote his post it sure seems like a conscious decision on what to allow VIPs to buy, not just a simple, "Our system doesn't allow that." Also, I was unaware that CS would help a VIP buy things when they are on sale.
    Last edited by guzzlr; 12-06-2019 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    I'm hoping this December, we see augments on sale (its been awhile) and an ALL cosmetics sale not just cosmetic outfits, a category which excludes docents, heavy, med and light armor cosmetics as well as hats/helms. I don't know why there is even a distinction for a cosmetic sale that only puts cosmetic outfits on discount.
    ALL cosmetics would be a decent idea, seems harmless to have that more often.

//I would want to say the same for storage... a little less realistic with what I think I learned xd

I just still wonder if it is really intended that subscribers cannot buy things included in the subscription, it was once possible if I remember correctly and I dont see the point why it is not possible anymore.
    If you want to protect your subscribers from unnecessary purchases that is nice of you but some want to buy things that are included in the subscription especially if they are on sale.
    You only need a checkbox like "show items that are included in my VIP/subscription"
    In my opinion, it should never be a disadvantage if you pay every month for DDO...
    "Act according to a maxim which can be adopted at the same time as a universal law."
    -Immanuel Kant-

"Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has."
    -René Descartes-

Community Member

I have already uncheck auto renew on vip. This is just another reason not to vip. I emailed CS yesterday about buying the current packs on sale. And got the run around because I was vip they couldn't assist in a work around. My reply will be just cancel vip since it will be up on the 22nd anyway.
    I just bought points now you tell me how to spend them. Who do you think you are the government.

Quote Originally Posted by Dnarth View Post
    I have already uncheck auto renew on vip. This is just another reason not to vip. I emailed CS yesterday about buying the current packs on sale. And got the run around because I was vip they couldn't assist in a work around. My reply will be just cancel vip since it will be up on the 22nd anyway.
    I just bought points now you tell me how to spend them. Who do you think you are the government.

dnarth!

but you mean you do not already own vale and deleras? have you been vip this whole time?

what if on december 23rd, saridreza and kozha want to run borderlands?! it will be a sad lonely christmas after all. *choke*

People talk about canceling vip, I own all the packs and expansions, but they still got me vip for hardcore league. Bought 3 months worth, then had to buy 1 more to prep my toons for transfer. But hey, I don't mind supporting the game, it's cheap entertainment. That being said, I do think vip's should be able to take advantage of the sales. This isn't something new, it happens every year. So come on SSG take the money and everyone will be happy...…..once the lag is under control
    Darkwinn, Milkus, Terismina, Gothmawg, Dreylock, Drunarah, Bigbhamboo, etc on Sarlona / Brixlynn, Mofus, Curgoth, Deidlit, etc on Ghalanda.

I still think the best solution is to allow VIP to turn off their
    subscription...briefly, like 30 minutes.

Turn off the subscription, (30 minutes) log out, log in.
    Make whatever purchase.

30 minutes later, sub is back in effect.

easy breezy

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graskitch View Post
    dnarth!

but you mean you do not already own vale and deleras? have you been vip this whole time?

what if on december 23rd, saridreza and kozha want to run borderlands?! it will be a sad lonely christmas after all. *choke*

I don't remember if I own them or not. I think I have vale. CS couldn't even tell me that. I own packs just don't remember which ones. As for running Borderlands on Dec 23rd. I will buy it. It's only 30k in points to buy everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Dnarth View Post
    I don't remember if I own them or not. I think I have vale. CS couldn't even tell me that. I own packs just don't remember which ones. As for running Borderlands on Dec 23rd. I will buy it. It's only 30k in points to buy everything.
    when you are vip, if you go into the ddo store by category ( / ACCOUNT / ADVENTURE PACKS / ) it will only show the adventure packs that you do not own.

if you were in the SPECIALS or % SALES category, and if you saw the adventure packs at the sale price in the ddo store, then you do not own them.

*sob* I will miss seeing dnarth as a vip. I always remembered that you ran a little bit faster than me.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Graskitch View Post
    when you are vip, if you go into the ddo store by category ( / ACCOUNT / ADVENTURE PACKS / ) it will only show the adventure packs that you do not own.

if you were in the SPECIALS or % SALES category, and if you saw the adventure packs at the sale price in the ddo store, then you do not own them.

*sob* I will miss seeing dnarth as a vip. I always remembered that you ran a little bit faster than me.
    No packs do not show up at all when vip.

I am planning a vigil for vipless Dnarth at the Sovereign Host in House D on the 23rd you are welcome to come to get over your grief.