Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 56
  1. #21
    Community Member Chacka_DDO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Berlin Germany
    Posts
    1,405

    Default Dont pay-to-win or rather dont buy cheat codes...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenrisulven7 View Post
    Name 3.
    Don't you see that your argumentation is totally senseless and contributes nothing to the theme?
    If he would now name 3 you would continue to claim this proves absolutely nothing and you would be even right, this simply leads to nothing.

    Also, the claim that many bought the Borderlands bonus pack is obviously not a proving argument but in the same way, it is also NOT disproving that Iriale cannot deliver hard numbers (you also dont have those hard numbers).

    You just only try to evade the need to give real logical arguments who prove that the chain of evidence the OP and Iriale gives is wrong.

    The chain of evidence is that SSG doesn't fix things that should be fixed for everyone because they want to make money with such a fix.
    Therefore things get not fixed as they SHOULD which leads at the end to BAD game design.
    For this reason, the player who pays for items like Otto's boxes, exp potions, and even more these stupid wish items encourage SSG, even more, to not fix known issues and instead selling a partially fix to players who are naive enough to buy this.

    The point is that pay to win leads at the end to a game with bad quality for everyone.
    Even if you are a whale and you dont care how much money you use for DDO you still have to deal with the fact that you have to deal with everything that should work naturally without a purchase.

    The more players buy such things the worse the situation gets.

    While the main argument I often see in threads that everything is alright is that SSG uses the revenue for a better DDO I say exactly the opposite is the case.
    The more SSG tries to make money with pay to win the worse DDO gets.

    I know this is not easy to see or prove but you should THINK about it for your own best.
    And also SSG should think about this for there own best and stop this.
    I'm convinced at the very end, a bad game will die, pay to win might be successful for a time but in the end, only quality will survive.

    Therefore players should vote with there wallet (also "whales" who dont care for money).
    I want more content for DDO and therefore I buy content.
    If you want more pay to win in DDO (and less quality) you buy pay-to-win.
    It's really that easy...

    And if you dont understand what I mean with "pay-to-win"...
    pay to win is everything that breaks the normal game rules if you spend money.

    e.g. the normal game rule is an item is BTC and if you pay a "bribe" you can suddenly transfer an item from one character to another.
    if you want to level up one epic destiny you normally have to play exactly this epic destiny or wait, you can spend another bribe and break this normal game rule...

    Imagine someone would figure out a bug with which he has only to do a few clicks and then he gets enough experience for level his character from level 1 to level 18.
    How would you call this player if he does it?
    I would call such a player a cheater because he exploits a game bug...
    But wait you can buy an item who does exactly this... its called Otto's Box
    maybe I should not say pay-to-win and rather say pay-to-cheat because this is basically what you do, you pay SSG for a "cheat code" that makes it e.g. possible to instantly level your character without actually playing any quest or to transfer a BTC item to another character.

    And believe me, I'm absolutely NOT happy that there is a need to make such a post
    The Bound to Character restriction is for almost EVERY item in DDO not necessary and just a relict from the past where we had no Bound to Account.
    For this reason, almost every item could be instantly changed from Bound to Character to Bound to Account WITHOUT any additional cost!
    But why should SSG make this for free as it should be if they can make players pay for it and if there are actually players who dont see this and actually pay for it?

    Again, SSG sets the game rules for DDO and these rules should count for EVERYONE and it should not be possible to break these rules if you pay a "bribe" to SSG.
    Last edited by Chacka_DDO; 12-06-2019 at 05:29 AM.
    "Act according to a maxim which can be adopted at the same time as a universal law."
    -Immanuel Kant-

    "Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has."
    -René Descartes-

  2. #22
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chacka_DDO View Post
    Don't you see that your argumentation is totally senseless and contributes nothing to the theme?
    No.

    I'm simply asking people to provide evidence to back up their assertions. It's not an unreasonable request and should be easy to do, unless you are just making stuff up.

    For example, someone has claimed "many people are buying the pack to avoid the grind". How would you know that?

    1) you need to have access to sales data, how many packs have been sold? Only SSG has that.

    2) you need to find out what motivated each purchase. Only the players that bought the pack know why they bought it.


    My point is you guys are just speculating, crafting a false narrative to back up your point, when you really have no idea how many were bought and why.

    But other than that, sure, great points...

  3. #23
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chacka_DDO View Post
    if you pay a "bribe" you can suddenly transfer an item from one character to another.
    Bribe
    to persuade (someone) to act in one's favor, typically illegally or dishonestly, by a gift of money or other inducement.

    ALSO

    Hyperbole
    exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally or seriously.

  4. #24
    Community Member Iriale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,758

    Default

    I have not intended at any time to be in possession of any statistics. My statement is based on simple personal observations. The amount of people who have written in this forum who have bought the pack to save the grind, and who have told me literally in the game is high.

    But he also lacks any statistics. So, asking for numbers is a fallacy. It is laughable that he accused me of saying false data when he affirms otherwise not only without more solid evidence than he demands of me.

    It is evident, flat and plainly evident, that this game has been leaning towards the p2w, and that this has increased substantially in the last two years. You just have to see the amount of new p2w mechanics that are emerging, and you just have to see that the p2w is a success because of its increase in the store. If it were not a commercial success, the strategy would have died long ago as inefficient.

    Fenrisulven7, you would do better to use your own arguments instead of attacking those who write things with which you disagree. That kind of performance in a debate is not exactly of quality.

    My English proficiency is not good enough to continue this discussion, and I have no interest in doing so either. If someone wants to be so blind to deny a commercial strategy that is obvious, well, theirs. Everything has to be in the world.

    Good post, Chacka. That is exactly what I mean. And yes, I have always supported the game by spending on it because I like it, but I do not intend to support this type of commercial practices that only degrade its quality. And what I have already said several times in threads of these last two days is that complaining is of little use. If you really do not agree with the commercial policy of SSG, as I am not, what you have to do is NOT buy those overpriced items or p2w items. And buy items that are right prized and do not damage the integrity of the game (such as content, cosmetics, etc.) If Fenrisulven7 does not agree, he is very free to dissent. But without attacking me.
    Last edited by Iriale; 12-06-2019 at 10:11 AM.
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

  5. #25
    Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenrisulven7 View Post
    Bribe
    to persuade (someone) to act in one's favor, typically illegally or dishonestly, by a gift of money or other inducement.

    ALSO

    Hyperbole
    exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally or seriously.
    Typically, but not exclusively.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

  6. #26
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    27,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenrisulven7 View Post
    Name 3.
    Not going to fall for the bait reporting. Naming and shaming is against the forum rules. Archive.org is your friend. Searching the common terms took us less than 30 seconds, to come up with an overlap of 108.
    Last edited by Chai; 12-06-2019 at 09:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

  7. #27
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    27,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenrisulven7 View Post
    But I'm not. The OP clearly states "many people have bought the overpriced item pack just to save that grind."

    Asking someone to back up their assertion with facts is not a fallacy. He has NO IDEA how many people have bought the pack or why.

    You are doing precisely and exactly what I outlined. Example:

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenrisulven7 View Post

    1) you need to have access to sales data, how many packs have been sold? Only SSG has that.
    Asking someone to back up their assertion with facts you know full well they couldnt possibly have on hand then stating or implying their premise has no merit based on such not only is a fallacy, I even named which fallacy it is when you challenged for that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenrisulven7 View Post
    And you need to brush up on your definitions, you're using them wrong:
    "An argument from ignorance (Latin: argumentum ad ignorantiam), or appeal to ignorance ('ignorance' stands for "lack of evidence to the contrary"), is a fallacy in informal logic.
    It says something is true because it has not yet been proved false. Or, that something is false if it has not yet been proved true."
    I dont recommend leaning too heavily on these arguments that rely on parsing words and challenging definitions as the focal point. I have an extensive history of picking those apart as quickly as they can be made.

    I think its time to premise up here. If you have a counter premise to my points made, please post it. Im happy to have this discussion on equal footing, where both parties have equal onus to defend their points and respond to challenges for evidence. If there is only one premise on the table, and those who disagree with it avoid stating their own premise favoring the tactic of throwing out challenge after challenge from the peanut gallery, this is called a lecture. Youre not winning any debate here, because youre not in one. (yet) Pointing out that someone doesnt have the official numbers doesnt move the needle, because even if it wasnt a fallacy it is easily countered by stating any attempted refutation of point made ALSO doesnt have the numbers. (which is partially why it IS a fallacy, lol)
    Last edited by Chai; 12-06-2019 at 10:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

  8. #28
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    27,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenrisulven7 View Post
    Bribe
    to persuade (someone) to act in one's favor, typically illegally or dishonestly, by a gift of money or other inducement.

    ALSO

    Hyperbole
    exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally or seriously.
    Not hyperbole at all once the perspective is understood.

    The "illegality" of the issue comes into play when the understanding finally dawns on the challenger that currency from OUTSIDE the game system (aka RL money) is being used to purchase advantage and privilege INSIDE the game system. (those of you who argue in favor of game balance love it every time I bring this up, heh)

    To us old D&D heads this is as absurd as bribing the DM when everyone else is away from the table on break. Everyone else now has to follow the rules as written while the person influencing the game system with outside means can follow what is called rule zero (whatever the DM ruled, in this case in trade for the "bribe")

    Now your DM has a new family sized bag of Doritos in front of them and Billy was allowed to move the Sword of a Thousand Truths from his high level demi-god character from a previous campaign to his level 2 paladin in this campaign. The rest of you are swinging your rusty weapons. Roll for initiative.
    Last edited by Chai; 12-06-2019 at 10:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

  9. #29
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by concavenator View Post
    we have a badly designed item system but dont worry u can buy a badly designed item to over come it but dont worry we will price it badly so there would't be as much of it in the game = profit
    Yes. The cost if the item is completely out of line with the rest of the game.

    I hope they made some prediction on future sold, but other than the market i dont like overprice of some new items.

    I refuse to pay 30 euro for that. It is not the proper cost for me.


    I think a more appropriate cost will bring more bought
    Last edited by Alled78; 12-06-2019 at 12:08 PM.
    In game in Cannith as
    Aborim Master (main toon) --- Nickallin (my tank)--- Jjnick (warlock 30) --- Nickpunick ()--- Nickruvido (my healer)--- Nickallinone (shuri build)
    KVP Korthos Village People

  10. #30
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alled78 View Post
    I refuse to pay 30 euro for that. It is not the proper cost for me.


    I think a more appropriate cost will bring more bought
    I find the cost less objectionable than making it a "limited release" product.

    The cost thing is a matter of perspective. 30 euro sounds really high. On the other hand for a VIP player, you're getting 500 TP every month. So what am I supposed to do with 6000 TP every year? XP pots aren't something I covet anymore, there's so much XP in the game. I get a couple free XP pots every month off silver rolls anyway, not to mention periodic eberron shard turn ins. I'm not in the market for cosmetics and pets. As far as really attractive store products, I'm down to storage, if/when they roll out more increases and items like this, which if I had the damn seal I want I'd gladly cough up the TP to move a base item, except now if I ever find the seal this product probably wont be available. I get that "limited time offers" are a marketing thing but at least for me it's very counterproductive as now my motivation to hunt that seal is a lot less. I was willing to casually farm for the seal and then buy this thing if I find it, but I'm not willing to buy this thing first then farm the seal that I still may never find.

    But the perspective thing - I wouldn't pay $30 in hard cash for it but I'm sitting on so much TP, it's essentially free to me. Even so, I still don't want to spend the TP on it until I can actually use it.

  11. #31
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    636

    Default

    This 'design' is keeping the lights on. Broccoli juice, bacon and whale milk keeps devs working hard.

  12. #32
    Community Member Sythe777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Unfortunately, raids (the only main source of btc equippable gear) are timegated in such a way that it incentivizes raising alts or purchasing timers. The reasons for this could be anything and that's a different story for another day. The price point, in my eyes, is so high because they want to limit people from moving a high volume of items between characters. This discourages poor etiquette within those timegated raids because it reduces the number of people who would keep every raid drop they got; farming raids with alts is common already thanks to runes, we don't need another mechanism to encourage this behavior. While I agree that people are entitled to do what they want with their own loot, I would argue that DDO, being an MMORPG, has a sense of community where sharing your loot with people who could use it/need it immediately when you don't is important for the development of that community. Personally, I don't think the item should be in the game at all as it erodes that development. What really confuses me is why people think that they're entitled to an even cheaper wish of inheritance which would only exacerbate the problem more. Ideally, if the wish is to stay in the game, I'd like to see a way to get it in-game and be as difficult to get as it is to swallow a 3k point cost. Schism shards come to mind at first thought, without adding anything new to the game, afaik they are one of the few currencies that are actually hard (both rng and time) to get.
    Argonesson: Taliimara

  13. #33
    Community Member Chacka_DDO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Berlin Germany
    Posts
    1,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Not hyperbole at all once the perspective is understood.

    The "illegality" of the issue comes into play when the understanding finally dawns on the challenger that currency from OUTSIDE the game system (aka RL money) is being used to purchase advantage and privilege INSIDE the game system. (those of you who argue in favor of game balance love it every time I bring this up, heh)

    To us old D&D heads this is as absurd as bribing the DM when everyone else is away from the table on break. Everyone else now has to follow the rules as written while the person influencing the game system with outside means can follow what is called rule zero (whatever the DM ruled, in this case in trade for the "bribe")

    Now your DM has a new family sized bag of Doritos in front of them and Billy was allowed to move the Sword of a Thousand Truths from his high level demi-god character from a previous campaign to his level 2 paladin in this campaign. The rest of you are swinging your rusty weapons. Roll for initiative.
    Out of my understanding a quite good analogy, SSG is the DM and does basically exactly this.
    SSG tells us they accepting money for certain game rules breaks.
    If you pay the "bribe" they break the rules for you, if not, then not.

    I know SSG does nothing illegal by law but this means not this is right and everyone with a sense of fairness in games knows it.
    What SSG does here is corrupting DDO.

    But why is this a problem? Someone pays for what he wants and then he gets it?
    The problem starts when the DM/SSG sets artificial rules and limits or does not remove them just only to sell a rule break.
    e.g. they could remove the raid timers cooldown but instead, they remove them only if you pay for it (the raid timer bypass hourglasses)
    or they could change all items to Bount to Account but instead, they make you pay for every single transfer.
    Another example is the toolkits for removing an augment from an item, In Diablo III a very similar thing is totally free, it costs you not even in-game currency of any kind but in DDO they expect you to pay money each time you do it.

    This is when you have a game with microtransactions, this is at the end never in the favor of the players.
    And because the owner of the game is always tempted to milk out the maximum possible money it leads at the end to a worse game.
    Funny as it is there always players who are naive enough to happily pay and claim everything is alright.

    All I can say is I'm again very disappointed by SSG and I dont know how to deal with it, the first step is to tell them at least that they are doing obviously wrong here.
    But what is the next step? Should I stop playing DDO?
    "Act according to a maxim which can be adopted at the same time as a universal law."
    -Immanuel Kant-

    "Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has."
    -René Descartes-

  14. #34
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,182

    Default

    The design philosophy of DDO is the design philosophy of water


    Water has no philosophy, it just flows to the easiest route


    Its easier to draw money out of current user than to grow or market or improve the game

  15. #35
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    713

    Default

    asking for numbers is a fallacy.
    No, asking you for proof is not a "fallacy"


    It is laughable that he accused me of saying false data -
    When I did ever I accuse you of "saying false data" ? Or is it a "fallacy" to ask that too? LOL



    you would do better to use your own arguments instead of attacking -
    Asking you to provide proof is not "attacking" you.


    Not going to fall for the bait reporting. Archive.org is your friend. Searching the common terms took us less than 30 seconds, to come up with an overlap of 108.
    So you can't name any. You make broad sweeping assumptions about people you don't even know, saying "there is a large overlap in the audiences who... justify p2w hand over fist claiming the game is not a competition ...then turn around and demand nerfs of the absurd character power levels of the new thing being sold". And when asked to provide examples, you make the excuse that naming such people would be shaming them and against the COC. How convenient for your argument - you can just make up stuff and never back it up with evidence.

    But you're welcome to message me the data privately. As I have a strong suspicion it doesn't say what you claim it does. Because your assumption CAN be wrong - people can claim the game is not a competition and ALSO complain that OP stuff should be nerfed without contradicting themselves. For example - maybe they want groups to be about teamwork where everyone can contribute, instead of 5 others playing catch up with some guy who is solo-zerging through the quest 3 rooms ahead of the party. In that case, it's not about competition, it's about being able to play the game as a group. Running with someone who is in God-mode is not entertaining.

    Did you even consider that when you were mind-reading everyone else's motivations? Or do you just assume the worst about them?


    The "illegality" of the issue comes into play when -
    There is nothing "illegal" about selling stuff through the DDO store. It's a F2P game on it's last legs, they have to make money somehow just to keep it running.

    I think the word you are looking for is "unethical". While I still wouldn't agree (see Mechwarrior, Piranha Games is thoroughly corrupt), at least you wouldn't be accusing SSG of criminal acts.



    I don' recommend leaning too heavily on these arguments that rely on parsing words and challenging definitions as the focal point. I have an extensive history of picking those apart as quickly as they can be made.
    LOL. I posted the actual definition of a fallacy that you got wrong. You can boast about your "extensive history" all you want, it won't change the fact that words like "fallacy, attacking, bribery and illegal" all have actual definitions, and that they don't mean whatever you want them to mean for your particular argument. Also... intelligence is demonstrable. Show me, don't tell me


    you doubt that grind mitigation systems are very sold in the store.
    No, I do not doubt that at all. My problem is that you guys are just assuming stuff (like you just did now) about people you don't know, and pretending you know their motivation when you have no idea, and then condemning them for whatever nonsense you have made up about them.

    I still remember when we were begging the devs to find some way for us to unbind items that were BTC. And now they finally have, and all you guys can do is complain. SMH.
    Last edited by Fenrisulven7; 12-07-2019 at 09:04 PM.

  16. #36
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    713

    Default

    Here's the way I see it:

    BTC has usually been reserved for the more powerful items. I think those items were released on the condition that they be BTC only - the idea being that a potentially OP item's effect on game balance can be mitigated by the fact that it can't be passed around to alts or traded to other players. It's a good way to introduce a powerful item into the game while limiting it's effect on game balance.

    Therefore, it stands to reason that the ability to unbind such an item would also carry a high cost, either in time thru farming, or through real monetary cost. This would limit any unbalancing effect of unbinding while still making it available to people who were very motivated to acquire it. The higher the the cost in time or price, the less number of people who will use it.


    Now that's just my opinion. It could also be likely that the cost is completely arbitrary, or it could be that the cost reflects the amount of dev hours that went into creating it, or it could be that SSG has to raise $5k by next weekend or shut everything down. Difference is, I'm not going to assume I know what SSG's motivation was and then damn them for it.



    Now here's my question: if SSG included the Unbinding Item into one of the rare loot tables, would you be fine with it?
    Last edited by Fenrisulven7; 12-07-2019 at 04:38 PM.

  17. #37
    Community Member Chacka_DDO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Berlin Germany
    Posts
    1,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenrisulven7 View Post
    Here's the way I see it:

    BTC has usually been reserved for the more powerful items. I think those items were released on the condition that they be BTC only - the idea being that a potentially OP item's effect on game balance can be mitigated by the fact that it can't be passed around to alts or traded to other players. It's a good way to introduce a powerful item into the game while limiting it's effect on game balance.
    Again, if you have not read it yet (I said it already in this thread).
    The Bound to Character tag on items was introduced before we had an account bank in DDO, there was simply no need for Bound to Account for this reason.
    Raid items where the first items with this BTC tag and this policy has simply never changed.
    There is no BTC for powerful items and BTA for less powerful items this is just an explanation you created afterward for something you dont understand.
    Almost EVERY item in DDO could be BTA nowadays, why should anyone care on which character an item is on my or your account?
    Right, there is basically no reasonable reason why anyone should care and SSG knows that and for this reason, they try to sell this item transfers now.
    I have no idea why you as a player tries to justify this policy, this must be some kind of Stockholm syndrome...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenrisulven7 View Post
    Therefore, it stands to reason that the ability to unbind such an item would carry a high cost, either in time thru farming, or through real monetary cost. This would limit any unbalancing effect of unbinding while still making it available to people who were very motivated to acquire it. The higher the price, the less people will use it.


    Now that's just my opinion. It could also be likely that the cost is completely arbitrary, or it could be that the cost reflects the amount of dev hours that went into creating it. Difference is, I'm not going to assume I know what SSG's motivation was and then damn them for it.



    Now here's my question: if SSG included the Unbinding Item into one of the rare loot tables, would you be fine with it?
    The point is that even the BTA tag on items is basically questionable but there is for sure absolutely no need to make rules for a player what he can do with his items on his account.
    These rules are totally artificial and unnecessary and with this new item in the DDO store SSG basically admits they know it.
    "Act according to a maxim which can be adopted at the same time as a universal law."
    -Immanuel Kant-

    "Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has."
    -René Descartes-

  18. #38
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    713

    Default

    So your argument is that BTC should no longer exist to begin with?

    why should anyone care on which character an item is on my or your account?... These rules are totally artificial and unnecessary
    As I explained above, BTC and BTA limits who can use an item. You may not agree with it, but it limits nonetheless.
    Last edited by Fenrisulven7; 12-07-2019 at 05:12 PM.

  19. #39
    Community Member Chacka_DDO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Berlin Germany
    Posts
    1,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenrisulven7 View Post
    So your argument is that BTC should no longer exist to begin with?
    Indeed sometimes a BTC tag can make sense, one example is you get 30 Elixirs of Greater Healing when you create an iconic character, these 30 Elixirs of Greater Healing are BTC and this is good because you could create otherwise iconic characters (and delete them thereafter) only to get 30 Elixirs of Greater Healing each time you do it.
    Therefore there are indeed sometimes reasons to prevent effectively item duping that could make BTC a need.
    But if you design your game from the beginning around either tradable or BTA items such cases would not exist but you can make of course technically necessary exceptions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenrisulven7 View Post
    As I explained above, BTC and BTA limits who can use an item. You may not agree with it, but it limits nonetheless.
    No one ever said this is nothing that limits the use of items, obviously, it limits the use of an item that is BTC.
    What I say is that this limit is not necessary and artificial for most items.
    And again, SSG basically knows that and for that reason, they suddenly introduce such an item in the DDO store instead of simply making most items BTA.
    They simply try to make money with something that should be naturally for free.

    The main problem is that we have microtransactions in DDO
    If we would have only a monthly subscription model it would look very different and SSG would not try to monetize such things.

    And you as a player should see that this is an unnecessary disadvantage also for you and not defend it.

    And you should also see that they crossed a border here while e.g. raid timers are just some kind of inconvenience or the need to play the Epic Destiny even if you dont like it (if you need the Karma for it)
    In this case, it is only one decision, either you pay the bribe or you cannot move your item on your account.
    How about a tax in your country for moving your couch from one room to another in your house?

    And a mind game for you:
    What would you say if DDO has until now only tradable items and they would make raid items suddenly BTC and at the same time they would introduce this item to the DDO store?
    You are just only used to the fact that raid items are BTC and for this reason, you let SSG kidding you and you dont see that this item move on your own account should be naturally for free!
    Last edited by Chacka_DDO; 12-07-2019 at 06:14 PM.
    "Act according to a maxim which can be adopted at the same time as a universal law."
    -Immanuel Kant-

    "Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has."
    -René Descartes-

  20. #40
    Community Member Goalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Buyers: we don't care, just give us something to spend money on
    Logic.
    The problem with focusing on the most extreme of players is that that group will only get smaller and smaller... Oof
    You know you have a problem when a virtual fantasy game ruins your concept of real world money and its value.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload