Default +freeshrugs / dressage

in this week's patch (for festivult):

horses will now do a dressage dance when the /dance emote is used while mounted.
    omg yay! thank you +freeshrugs ; I know that this makes it more difficult in the future when you introduce new mounts like owlbears, dragons and goats, but this is amazing!!

you can no longer be mounted in redwillows
    boo - I feel it would be nice to keep mounts in certain quests like redwillows that take place outdoors.

you will now dismount in tavern zones.
    hmm - I know that there were complaints about horses gathering at bars. so this is understandable that they made this change. I wonder though; what will happen for outdoor taverns like the ones in necropolis and keep on the borderlands. as soon as you approach proximity of the tavern (where you get the healing regeneration effect), you automatically dismount?

mounts will now work in the wilderness areas of the Underdark.

as a further stretch goal, we would like to see a /dismount emote added, where you see an animation of the rider hopping off the mount with a somersault. please make it so!! we want you to be challenged and happy as an animator.
    Last edited by Graskitch; 12-04-2019 at 02:44 PM.

Community Member

Aww man you could be mounted in Redwillows?

I literally ran that last night, would've been nice

heh... has me wondering about stormcleave outpost... riding in there would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Graskitch View Post
    in this week's patch (for festivult):
    Where are you quoting this from?

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    Where are you quoting this from?
    I gave a sneak peek at the notes during today's livestream. Everyone else should see them this afternoon.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

as a further stretch goal, we would like to see a /dismount emote added, where you see an animation of the rider hopping off the mount with a somersault. please make it so!! we want you to be challenged and happy as an animator.
    The /dismount's a tricky one.
    I'm not sure players will want to wait for the animation to finish while they dismiss their horse and are onto the next action. I guess if we make it interruptible it could be a thing. I remember it being removed or shortened in LOTRO for gameplay reasons. I'll ask the systems guys and see what how they feel about it.

If I had my way and lots of time, I would connect it to a skill like tumble or jump and the higher the skill, the fancier the dismount!

Quote Originally Posted by Freeshrugs View Post
    I'm not sure players will want to wait for the animation to finish while they dismiss their horse and are onto the next action. I guess if we make it interruptible it could be a thing. I remember it being removed or shortened in LOTRO for gameplay reasons. I'll ask the systems guys and see what how they feel about it.

If I had my way and lots of time, I would connect it to a skill like tumble or jump and the higher the skill, the fancier the dismount!

omg I love this idea.

I can see tumble builds being the new meta now.

Default Can't dismount in water

The main major issue I have with mounts is that you can't dismount in water. Typically this wouldn't be much of an issue unless the only way out of the water is via a ladder. As you can't climb ladders while riding a horse this means you are stuck in the water unless you teleport out. I had this problem in the hall of heroes when I accidently fell into the water as forgot I had swapped out my FF item.

Community Member

I can see tumble builds being the new meta now.

Aren't they already.

snip I would connect it to a skill like tumble or jump and the higher the skill, the fancier the dismount!

Hmmn how about PERFORM skill?
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight Templar of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist); Parked Toons: Katwoemyn (10), Saelegion (4), Alitirala (4), Naerfelka (21)

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

SWTOR has a simple "appears within a cloud" "disappears within a cloud" thing, thus omitting the whole mounting / dismounting animation altogether, as far as I can tell.
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tapper this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this tale."
    English is not my first language - misinterpretations galore !

This, so much this.

:-)

Have fun! ( So we get fun fancy things in the game, win win)

time better spend on a functional universal 2hf tree, just as OP as the inq.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    I play a guy with a two-hander not just in this game, but in every game that has 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-mann View Post
    Not to derail the thread, but then can you make 2hf NOT suck so much compared to 2wf or swf?
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    8 pages in, that train has already sailed. The dead horse is canned into cat food by now.

Quote Originally Posted by K_9 View Post
    The main major issue I have with mounts is that you can't dismount in water. Typically this wouldn't be much of an issue unless the only way out of the water is via a ladder. As you can't climb ladders while riding a horse this means you are stuck in the water unless you teleport out. I had this problem in the hall of heroes when I accidently fell into the water as forgot I had swapped out my FF item.
    Can't you jump-dismount? Though I guess it might be harder to time the blocking if you swapped out FF.

Thumbs up

Mounts are good. I love the horse, the animations and the performance.

Thank you very much for the hardwork.