Community Member

Default Is it about time for this year's Season Pass?

So, last year the Season Pass came out the second week of December and I missed out because I just didn't have the cash to spend. This year, I'm avoiding the trap of the Double Bonus points and saving my cash hoping the Season Pass will make a return.

So Devs... is it about time?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercantile_Joe View Post
    So, last year the Season Pass came out the second week of December and I missed out because I just didn't have the cash to spend. This year, I'm avoiding the trap of the Double Bonus points and saving my cash hoping the Season Pass will make a return.

So Devs... is it about time?
    I would buy one or more at $300 or more per if there was a promise to use the funds towards server upgrades. I haven't been VIP since they down graded them. This is the number one issue that is going to kill this game.
    HELTER SKELTER - GLAND

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fallout47 View Post
    if there was a promise to use the funds towards...
    That's not how commerce works.
    You hand over the money for what IS offered, if you think it is worth that. You don't get to tell the other party how to spend the money.

Community Member

While there are always things I would like to see fixed about the game, the simple truth is that of all the games I have played I find myself logging into DDO than all of the others combined. So, to me it's worth paying the money when I have it. The hard part for me is that I tend to be a bit scattered and I get distracted by shiny things all the time. I'm hoping that they offer the Season Pass soon because I don't know how long I can make my save against the Outer Worlds.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tist View Post
    You hand over the money for what IS offered, if you think it is worth that. You don't get to tell the other party how to spend the money.
    It is possible to purchase a promise of future consideration including payments, services, and behaviors. That is absolutely part of how commerce works. Money often comes with strings attached.

the receiving party can choose not to accept the money with those strings, but that’s a different question.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Since we got some hints on what that money was actually spend on, i say, don't buy any season passes.

But that would be just my opinion
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    I play a guy with a two-hander not just in this game, but in every game that has 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-mann View Post
    Not to derail the thread, but then can you make 2hf NOT suck so much compared to 2wf or swf?
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    8 pages in, that train has already sailed. The dead horse is canned into cat food by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tist View Post
    I guess you don't deal with the better charities (funding used locally) as well as charity events and some crowdfunding ventures where money collected was used for a specific purpose.

...carry on with your archaic views of the world. It is quite in line with SSG. Just like there is a market for someone to work just cosmetic stuff (horses anyone?), I would hope there is a market for working on one of the largest issues with the game: lag. We all know throwing hardware at a problem won't solve it, but it can sure lessen the impact.
    Oh, that's easy. I didn't farm them. I just cheated. -Meghan
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    lol, I didnt give it a QA pass.