Thumbs up Borderlands much appreciated!

Although I like that endgame is getting filled out, I've wished for some good new epic leveling content and some new shinies for the epic fun. Glad you made two new "start" games, not just a heroic version. The epic items are very nice. The heroic items are not game breaking but definitely provide a nice ML1 boost. Great job!
    Please consider the environment before printing this post

Seconded...enjoyed both 1st and 20th versions of the area.

Default Agreed

Yes, this is an awesome addition to the game. Great job guys and gals.
    Darkwinn, Milkus, Terismina, Gothmawg, Dreylock, Drunarah, Bigbhamboo, etc on Sarlona / Brixlynn, Mofus, Curgoth, Deidlit, etc on Ghalanda.

Agreed! Great pack!

Pros:

Quests were not too long.
    Wilderness was old-style (explorers, rares).
    Mounts feel great!
    Feathers are very easy to collect.
    Having the heroic named chests always drop named items felt very nice.
    The epic loot is beyond awesome!
    The ingot system is simple, not grindy, and useful.
    Ransacking quests didn't feel like a pain.

Cons:

The storyline didn't feel convincing at all (but that might be attributed to the module).
    I'd like an option to teleport to the entrance of the Caves of Chaos from within the Keep (I know its a 20 second ride via horse, but that argument goes both ways).
    I've heard horseshoes are a pain to farm; I personally got mine in my first EE run so I can't attest to how true that is.
    Hopefully the bug where you can't pass feathers/horseshoes gets fixed soon.
    The slope between Old Man Crago and Commander Armuz should have been easier to ride in a straight line (it's doable still, but you have to spam jump at a couple of points).

Also, mandatory "FIX AMBER TEMPLE LICH GODDAMIT" comment.

I'm loving Borderlands, though would be better if client didn't crash without a message almost everytime I zone while in that region.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    *Handwraps. Yes we know. Here is my known issue for handwraps. Hand wraps in assorted flavors are borked.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebreed View Post
    Yeah, yeah, it's in the next patch already.

In other words, soooooon.

I am glad others liked the area. I found the wilderness bland and the quests boring - both in heroics and in epics. The caves just look so … not inspiring.
    Danskerne
    A Danish Guild on Ghallanda. Send PM if interested.
    Leading Raids Thursdays from 20 CET and Sundays from 21 CET.

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    ... The caves just look so … not inspiring.
    Who would have thought Orcs and kobolds would lack aesthics and have a poor eye for interior design??

I thought the narrow twisty caves were a nice change from previous quests and appropriate. I thought the quests were short but taken as a group of 8 it made for a nice pack.

Why are the borderlands so vacant? There is no life to this setting. No sentries guarding or chilling outside their respective caves. Just miles of dead nothingness.

Quote Originally Posted by ahpook View Post
    Who would have thought Orcs and kobolds would lack aesthics and have a poor eye for interior design??

I thought the narrow twisty caves were a nice change from previous quests and appropriate. I thought the quests were short but taken as a group of 8 it made for a nice pack.

I thought they all looked pretty good except for the Orc cave which has that patchwork look to it - things don’t blend seamlessly.

But this is what the source material is I guess - a bunch of caves.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Firebreed View Post
    Agreed! Great pack!

Pros:

Quests were not too long.
    Wilderness was old-style (explorers, rares).
    Mounts feel great!
    Feathers are very easy to collect.
    Having the heroic named chests always drop named items felt very nice.
    The epic loot is beyond awesome!
    The ingot system is simple, not grindy, and useful.
    Ransacking quests didn't feel like a pain.

Cons:

The storyline didn't feel convincing at all (but that might be attributed to the module).
    I'd like an option to teleport to the entrance of the Caves of Chaos from within the Keep (I know its a 20 second ride via horse, but that argument goes both ways).
    I've heard horseshoes are a pain to farm; I personally got mine in my first EE run so I can't attest to how true that is.
    Hopefully the bug where you can't pass feathers/horseshoes gets fixed soon.
    The slope between Old Man Crago and Commander Armuz should have been easier to ride in a straight line (it's doable still, but you have to spam jump at a couple of points).

Agree with all, except that it took me the equivalent of 3 runs through the chain to get the horseshoe. I did not mind it, but it was not easy to get,

Great job, Devs. A nice addition to lower epics.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    Why are the borderlands so vacant? There is no life to this setting. No sentries guarding or chilling outside their respective caves. Just miles of dead nothingness.
    Chaotic Evil. At best, you might get some Kobolds throwing taunts across the creek at the Goblins. Maybe a driveby fruiting or two. It's why I always go Lawful with my Evil. You get dental too!

... on a related note, does the expansive area mean we might get some add on quests later? I see lots of potential space, esp around those floating runestones.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    This was also the first thing I noticed. Would it be difficult to add a few sentry mobs near the cave entrances? Maybe some wandering around? It just seems odd all these quest entrances look so barren in terms of life... the entire area up there is fairly empty.
    >>>Itchybeard (Crafter), Greensmash (Main), All Others (Mules)<<<

Default Mystara

There should also be friendly versions of all said npcs scattered across the map. Long time fantasy roleplayers know not all races are pure evil.

I liked how the optionals at the quests of The Keep on the Borderlands expansion gives chances to make several choices and to make diplomacy with 'monster' npcs. (Gnolls, Kobolds, Orcs for now)

I believe there was also friendly Minotaur, Goblin, Hobgoblin and Bugbear somewhere at the original campaign. Some one could even organise npcs as if a small army to work for himself ? (Please correct me if I confuse it with another module)

I am waiting here fingers crossed for further expansion over the Keep on the borderlands (Castellan Keep?) and past the mountain passages to the valley and further out the world of Mystara.

( Also a bit more of RNG for feathers )

I liked the adventure pack so far. Thanks to you SSG team.

As an open minded explorer (sometimes even visiting my own borders of childhood) may have the right to make a wish for more of it to discover.
    Last edited by Kutalp; 12-03-2019 at 02:14 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
    Grumpy Humanoid Rogue/Never gone give you up