Default Noise cancelling gaming headset.

What would be a good gaming head set to get, without paying huge amounts of dollars?

Community Member

Gaming NOISE CANCELLING ?
    What would the gaming bit give you that just any noise cancelling headset will not?

- do you want hyper-x or razor 3d surround processing?

- do you want expected comfort and coolness over long usage time? (eg 8 hours gaming sessions)

- do you want noise cancelling but quality mic so you can talk in game the whole time?

- are you after active noise cancelling, or is passive enough?

- Will in-ear earbuds be ok for you or do you want cans?

I went to a local branch of a national computer store (chain). I guess in USA the closest might be office world. They had rows of headsets to try on and push buttons to hear the sound dynamics. They had rows of pcs and laptops with the headsets attached, which you could actually use (make a call, play a game) and see what the different headsets were like. I found it very useful.
    Last edited by Tist; 12-01-2019 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandwynn View Post
    What would be a good gaming head set to get, without paying huge amounts of dollars?
    I've been pretty happy with https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SAYCVTQ and https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BFOEY4I, both quite substantially on sale right now. The HyperX is more comfortable and has SLIGHTLY better sound quality, plus I can't hear a damn thing when I have it on. They don't have specifically noise-cancelling features, but due to the over-ear design they both keep out sound pretty well without any fancy gewgaws.

Community Member

My girl and I both use Sades 7.1.
    https://www.amazon.com/Stereo-Surrou.../dp/B00HLUZXAY

The audio is extremely good.
    The construction is very good.
    I've been very pleased.

Shipping was slow boat from china.
    The only negative thing I could say about them.
    Was worth the wait.

Community Member

do these help against annoying party members?

Community Member ShifterThePirate's Avatar

I really like the HyperX Cloud 2 because of the soft earshells that comes with them. It doesn't pressure your eardrums a lot like a lot of other leather overear shells do. If you buy them make sure you install the newest firmware on them.

Community Member

When talking about headsets, i personally used alot of cheap ones, 80 -120 $ average in price and i always had a problem with either comfort or noise suppression or battery life, or sound itself.
    Just recently did i try the amazing bosse quiet comfort 35, then i went to a sennheiser store and tried the hd 850, and while discussing with my wonderful guild leader he suggested to try the best buy and highly rated sony WH1000XM3, i bought them before the bl friday deals, a month and half ago, and i must say that my life changed since i bought them.

Thing is, i am extremely particular when it comes to noise suppression as i work in a environment where noise cancellation is highly needed (data center engineer), so proper headphones that i can use on work, at home and during travel were highly imperative and needed.

I don't regret my decision at all, and i would highly suggest to anyone, when you buy headphones or anything in that regard related to audio/video, do not be a cheapskate.
    We spend most of our time in front of our PC-s and having something of good quality will have a huge impact on our hearing, relaxation and eyesight.

Alas, the deals are still ongoing and all those amazing pieces of hardware are on generous discounts right now. So skip on the 150$ ddo points bundle and add a 100 more and buy yourself some amazing headphones.

Imho quiet comfort or wx3 are the best buys quality wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    There is no shortage of content in this game for the weakest 5% of players.

For most content, they have three difficulties designed solely for them, Casual, Normal and Hard.

I love my Logitech G533 wireless gaming headset. They are super comfortable, have great sound, and an excellent mic. I love to be able to get up and get a drink or snack without missing out on what's being said in Discord. If I need privacy to talk to my wife or use the restroom the mic is muted simply by flipping it up. Even after extremely long gaming sessions I have zero fatigue from wearing them.

I just noticed you specified noise cancelling. I somehow completely discounted that mentally as I figured that isn't what you actually meant. Completely ignore this post if you are looking for noise cancelling, because not only are these not noise cancelling, they actually feedback mic input through the headset so you can hear yourself speaking.
    Last edited by Chilldude; 12-02-2019 at 03:03 PM.
    The Final Victory Tour!!!

HyperX Cloud core works for me.
    Gum Shoe~Drow Elf Rogue Hackin Slash~Human Fighter
    Timkin~Drow Elf Sorc Aarone Stone~Human Bard
    Tarnaa~Human Favored Soul Alcaden~Human Paladin
    Tipsee McStagger~Halfling Rogue Brawwn~Half-Orc Barbarian

Thanks for the replies. The Reason for the noise canceling headset/mic. I have a lot of background sounds. Again thanks for the replies.