Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Wish of Inheritance question

Sweet store item for sure.

Is it possible to transfer the Jibbers blade? It mentions something about equipping the item and you can't equip this item as far as I know.

does not work on jibbers.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SSG_RedPanda View Post
    Why?

This item allows you to temporarily change the binding status of one item from Bound to Character to Bound to Account until re-equipped. After equipped, the item once again becomes Bound to Character. The Wish of Inheritance is a Single-use item.

Fix description then. As described, it should totally work on Jibbers; and the blade should stay BtA forever.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SSG_RedPanda View Post
    So will it only work for items that can be equipped? I can't think of any other item that can't be equipped but I'm sure there are some. Thanks for the answers.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GramercyRiff View Post
    So will it only work for items that can be equipped? I can't think of any other item that can't be equipped but I'm sure there are some. Thanks for the answers.
    Horses, notably the rare gold-roll horses

A lot of Store items (mainly consumables), including giveaways, are BTC clickies as well, I think.

Community Member

Theres ingredients and some other things. But thank you for asking, that eliminates one option.

I'm currently surfing through all my characters trying to decide, and the best idea I'd had was to move a jibbers from a barely played alt to my main. So much for that plan :P

BtC tomes would likely be similarly affected.

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    Why?

This item allows you to temporarily change the binding status of one item from Bound to Character to Bound to Account until re-equipped. After equipped, the item once again becomes Bound to Character. The Wish of Inheritance is a Single-use item.

Fix description then. As described, it should totally work on Jibbers; and the blade should stay BtA forever.
    I don't understand what part of this description leads you to believe it is stating that an item should stay Bound to Account? "...change the binding status of one item from Bound to Character to Bound to Account until re-equipped. After equipped, the item once again becomes Bound to Character." On the Jibbers, it isn't technically equipped, right? So it can't change its binding status due to not being able to be equipped.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Does this work with Raid items?
    Dorian

Community Member

Harper's Pin, Eternal Flasks... horses (I don't have any yet)?

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Bags
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    It almost certainly does. Looks like the item needs to be btc and be an item you can equip. Raid items fit the bill here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I don't understand what part of this description leads you to believe it is stating that an item should stay Bound to Account? "...change the binding status of one item from Bound to Character to Bound to Account until re-equipped. After equipped, the item once again becomes Bound to Character." On the Jibbers, it isn't technically equipped, right? So it can't change its binding status due to not being able to be equipped.
    Well technically it doesn't say it will ONLY WORK on items that can be equipped, it only states that the binding status changes back to BTC once equipped. So by a lawyer's definition I could see where some might think this would work on everything that is BTC and is especially useful for non-equippable items as they would remain BTA.

Anyway, perhaps a simple clarification in the description would be wise to avoid this misconception.
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Sorry Cordo, but that's not consistent logic.

"One item that's BTC" - Jibbers qualifies

"After equipped, the item becomes BTC" - well if you never equip it, it never changes back. That's consistent with the description. Nowhere does it actually say it needs to be equippable, though. Just that if you DO equip it, it reverts.

Just add one word and its fixed, though: "...one equippable item from Bound to Character...". Boom.

Well also a grammatical error - its either "Once equipped" or "After being equipped". Something cant be "after equipped".
    Last edited by droid327; 11-27-2019 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    I can remember I wrote a lot in a thread about the threads of fate on the Lammania forum that there is basically no point for almost any item to be Bound to Character, especially not raid items.
    Looks like I was again right here.
    Just sad that SSG took this chance to once again introduce a new pay-to-win mechanic to DDO.
    I wonder if the DDO community will protest against this nonsense and demand that raid items should be Bound to Account without the need to pay ~20$ for each item transfer to another character.
    Anyway, this is another impudence (not sure if this is the exactly right word) of SSG against the players, I dont know if they are successful with this behavior in the long run...
    I just know that I was debating to buy DDO Points for 199$ but after I got the info about this I canceled my plans for that.
    And now I look even more out for another game without microtransactions pay-to-win nonsense.
    "Act according to a maxim which can be adopted at the same time as a universal law."
    -Immanuel Kant-

"Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has."
    -René Descartes-

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Sorry Cordo, but that's not consistent logic.

"One item that's BTC" - Jibbers qualifies

"After equipped, the item becomes BTC" - well if you never equip it, it never changes back. That's consistent with the description. Nowhere does it actually say it needs to be equippable, though. Just that if you DO equip it, it reverts.

Just add one word and its fixed, though: "...one equippable item from Bound to Character...". Boom.

Well also a grammatical error - its either "Once equipped" or "After being equipped". Something cant be "after equipped".
    You are obviously right from a logical standpoint but SSG can do what they want in DDO no matter of fairness and logic.
    But I can even imagine it actually works, just the question if anyone invest the points to try it (I do not buy such items at all)
    "Act according to a maxim which can be adopted at the same time as a universal law."
    -Immanuel Kant-

"Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has."
    -René Descartes-

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Bags
    and hirelings folder!

Community Manager

Ok, we've double checked and the store description does explicitly state that it is an equippable item that can be used with the Wish of Inheritance. I have now updated our Black Friday copy page.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Question.

I have an old Wondrous Compass (originally BTCoE) that I put through an Adamantine Ritual to increase it's durability. Obviously i had to use the Stone of Change in order to do the ritual onto it, which made it BTC.

Could I use this 'inheritance' item to now move it?

Update:

At 2995 DDOP? No way.

This is about as ludicrous as the Restoration Oil for 150 DDOP, which is used as a solution to fix ToEE Armor when it permanently takes damage (despite being BTA).

500 DDOP, I could go for.. but 2995? An Otto's box is only 2k more ..

I'll toss the compass back into the TR cache forever.. lol.
    Last edited by ZeeDatRogue; 11-27-2019 at 02:24 PM.
    Orien: Level 400 Cannith Crafter
    (*) - Crafter Advert for Orien

"The 'forever' rogue"

Works with crafted, SSS, ritualed, sentienced, mythic-reaper bonus items?

Tempting, but expensive. Still, I could see this used if some mega__uber__rare drop were to happen on the wrong slacker.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast