Community Member

Default GUI Dev Request: Toggle/Cycle buttons

I think something very useful to have for reducing button bloat would be the ability to create a cycle of effects for a single hotkey. In other words, you'd set two or more icons on the same hotkey, and when you successfully activated one, the hotkey would automatically become whatever was next in the sequence, and then cycle back at the end.

There are a lot of examples in the game of skills, spells, etc. that are always performed together in a sequence, or as a toggle, and having them as one button instead of a whole row would greatly streamline and simplify gameplay. Imagine being able to do all your pre-quest buffing just by pressing one button until they're all applied. Laying down debuffs before CCs, or strings of DOTs on a target. Being able to toggle weapons back and forth. Cycling your SLA rotation, or your cleaves. Swapping to your trap gear, searching, and then swapping back - or UMD gear, Teleport scroll, and back, etc.

I imagine it where hovering over the icon will pop out all the icons, so you can do things like adjust metamagics for each one as you could on the regular hotbar. Also you could click an icon when popped out to force the cycle button back to that point in the sequence.

I can imagine with Alch coming out soon too, and its much-ballyhooed hundreds of spell options, this might become even more relevant

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner81 View Post
    That's what macros are for.

Stoner81.
    Macros still take up button space

I'm dreaming of a DDO where 2 hotbars are enough for all the buttons anyone would need

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Macros still take up button space

I'm dreaming of a DDO where 2 hotbars are enough for all the buttons anyone would need
    Write a macro that switches your hotbars? So when you hit "1" it hits whatever is in the 1 slot then swaps to a different hotbar with a different button there?
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    Write a macro that switches your hotbars? So when you hit "1" it hits whatever is in the 1 slot then swaps to a different hotbar with a different button there?
    there is actually keybind option to change hotbars.

This thread has some info about setting up autohotkey. However, when I tried it I wasn't able to get it to work with DDO. Has anyone managed to get Autohotkey to work with DDO on Windows?

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...HotBar-Manager
    That's not lag, it's just DDO trying to become turn-based again.

Feature wishlist: colour-coded HP bars; red/blue teams in raids; rez-timer in party menu; equip-able halflings

Quote Originally Posted by LeoLionxxx View Post
    Has anyone managed to get Autohotkey to work with DDO on Windows?
    I have in the past, but I will admit I haven't tried in a while. The main thing I'd use it for (autoclicking) they made mostly irrelevant by adding the number box to trade windows. I have had troubles with it sometimes in getting it to recognize/interact with the ddo game window, but I think it was a permission issue of some sort and might have needed a different version of AHK.
    Orien: ~Erofen (30 Assassin Rogue) ~Erofenlock (30 EB Warlock) ~Erofenmonk (30 Light Monk) ~Erofentrap (30 Roguerficer (1st TR/Legend Build ever)) ~Erofenbarb (30 Barb) ~Erofenbless (30 FvS Chest Blesser) ~Erofenthree (30 Bard Dualbox) ~Erofenten (30 Barb Triplebox)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'? Kex! Stop It! O.o

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    This would toggle all the buttons at once, rather than just the one you're cycling.

Also, macros are always going to have a problem of desync - if a command isnt parsed by the client, then the subsequent commands are all going to be the wrong buttons. Native toggling will always stay correct.