Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post

Upon some further soul-searching, I am fairly certain that the level-split items are going to be bugged (with the exception of the Ivy Wraps as they look fixed? might just be Thunder and Lightning), as internally they're a big mess.
    Ah those level-split items never made sense to me, to the abyss with em xd.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoChris View Post
    List of Cannith crafting shard creation bugs:
    Cannithcrafting
    Recipe B or U What's Shown Actually Requires
    Shield Bashing Bound 15 Phoenix Tavern Purchase Orders (Showing Khyber Prayer Pamphlet icon)
    5 Cryptmoss
    15 Phoenix Tavern Purchase Orders
    5 Cryptmoss
    I think it's incorrectly showing the "Caravan Logbook" icon rather than incorrectly showing the "Khyber Prayer Pamphlet" icon. Admittedly they are the same icon visually, but as the other errors listed involve switching the icons from two collectables of the same type and level (Lore 2, for the above), it's more likely to be the "Caravan Logbook" in this case. I'm being picky but thought it was worth mentioning on the off-chance the icons are labelled differently internally.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyata View Post
    looking very forward to speeding boots of whatever Speedy? Speedster? as long as you can finally find them in the AH I am fine with anything.
    "Mercurial boots of ... " perhaps?

JonD

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by JonD View Post
    "Mercurial boots of ... " perhaps?

JonD
    In my part of the world mercurial means unpredictable. It comes from the element, not the Greek god.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nimdeadlee View Post
    In my part of the world mercurial means unpredictable. It comes from the element, not the Greek god.
    Yes, it does mean 'unpredictable' and, given the nature of random item generation, therein lies the humour. Also, Mercury was a Roman god; the Greek equivalent was Hermes. Furthermore, the name of the element mercury comes from the god Mercury, so the whole thing chains together nicely anyway. This is now getting rather off-topic, however, so let's just end it there.

JonD

Guardian
    Hero
    Crown Clown
    Death Dodger

I would be shocked if this were the case, but DDO has been known to surprise me. I'm glad I got a chance to dig into it, hopefully someone fixes the wiki so other people aren't discouraged by the wrong info. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, either way better safe than sorry.

Upon some further soul-searching, I am fairly certain that the level-split items are going to be bugged (with the exception of the Ivy Wraps as they look fixed? might just be Thunder and Lightning), as internally they're a big mess.
    speaking of level split items, all the various weapons that have these difficulty tiered split have their epic counterpart bugged, the (w) on the epic ones are the same as the heroic ones, and it`s been like that for a while since an item pass some years ago
    I come from the west. Through countries, peoples, and cities - to this place: STORMREACH.
    My duty: Guardian. To mend and defend. To defend my newfound friends, their hopes, and dreams. To defend them from their enemies.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrael View Post
    speaking of level split items, all the various weapons that have these difficulty tiered split have their epic counterpart bugged, the (w) on the epic ones are the same as the heroic ones, and it`s been like that for a while since an item pass some years ago
    Yeah, this is a side effect of them being a big mess.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoChris View Post
    Map shouldn't resize when you board your guild ship
    Big mood, I'm in 100% agreement. This only affects the top deck, right? I think we can just turn the map off to prevent this from happening.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Community Member Thumbed_Servant's Avatar

Default I do not. Please do not make this change

I can do this part (specifically, hiding numbers in the item titles) easily. Do you think I should? I worry it would make the AH less usable.
    As you said, it would make the AH less usable.

Thank you
    Thumbed_Servant (to my cats ) I LOVE playing a healer (nannybot to the derisive folks)
    Leader: Order of Sunlit Rose on Argonnessen server
    Current active toons: Hildegarde 20 clr-10 epic/ Muhther 18 clr-2 fav-6 epic/ Sheolah 20 pal-2 epic/ plus many 'casual' toons

Ok, I checked my inventory and it seems it's mostly the multi-tier handwraps that are missing their [W] bonus. I didn't know those specific items were a problem already.

However, I did find this one:

Should have a bonus as a ML 18....

Big mood, I'm in 100% agreement. This only affects the top deck, right? I think we can just turn the map off to prevent this from happening.
    Yes, it's only the map on the top deck. Seems that one is at a set size (a very small size), so any map window set larger will get forcibly resized to that small size. Removing the map entirely could solve it, we don't really need it anyway, but couldn't you replace it with a larger map instead? Or is that dependent on the zone size?
    We want more Monster Manuals.

Oh and another thing I'd love to get fixed...

(Standard): You cannot change Twists of Fate while you are under level 20.

Look, I'm sorry I clicked on EDs while in heroics, it was a mistake! Stop spamming me every time I change zone until I have to relog!
    We want more Monster Manuals.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

That wouldn’t fix the problem all the other places though, like the keep on the borderlands public area. My map should never get resized, unless I do it myself, if the map is smaller just center it with a bunch of black space around the edges.

Yeah, this is a side effect of them being a big mess.

Sorry to continue - I completely forgot my age-old request:

Can we ever get Mithral/Adamantine Armor working correctly?

Originally Mithral armor moved Heavy to Medium and medium to Light Armors, but kept the base AC's. This made Mithral Heavy have medium's reduced ASF & Armor Check Penalty and Increased Max Dex but Heavy's AC.

When the PRR/MRR changes came about, Mithral got the above, but PRR of medium. The new Cavalry Plate fixed some of this by retaining heavy armor status but lost all the bonuses.

I believe that DDO uses a third "slot" for material that offers some of the base benefits. I'd like to see something like:

Material Current Armor Bonuses Proposed
    Mithral one class lighter, -10ASF, max Dex -2, Armor check penalty -3, ASF -10%, Dodge cap +??? +PRR 5/10/15, +MRR 10/20/30
    Adamantine DR 1/2/3 - this needs to be fixed +PRR 10/20/30, + MRR 5/10/15
    Flametouched Iron +1 resistance bonus on saving throws against the spells and abilities of evil outsiders
    blueshine +3 competence bonus on Hide checks
    Darkwood Armor check -2
    Darkleaf one class lighter +PRR 5/10/15,
    Feyleather Max Dex +5/?/?, AC +2/?/? , armor check penalty -1/?/? +PRR 5/10/15

I know this one is *hard*, but one can only hope.
    Farog on Khyber

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ovrad View Post

Look, I'm sorry I clicked on EDs while in heroics, it was a mistake! Stop spamming me every time I change zone until I have to relog!
    +1
    Stratis on Khyber

Want to know my build?
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...il-of-the-Bard

Default After the Hijacking

After the multiple hijackings my original post has gotten, I still have my items with 0 insightful UMD! Is this ever getting fixed or should I run to the vendor as quickly as I can?

Default Ignore it?

and it will go away? Dev's, why aren't you fixing this?

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by snook59 View Post
    and it will go away? Dev's, why aren't you fixing this?
    We did fix it. It'll be in Update 45.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by snook59 View Post
    Why am I still finding equipment with Insightful UMD "0" ?
    What level ?
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tapper this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this tale."
    English is not my first language - misinterpretations galore !

This thread went all over the place.

I disagree about rounding fort, or any numbers, to multiples of 5, 7 or 9. Let the numbers stand on their own. We are not playing with d20's any more. Especially if the change is just for looks. Any reduction of 4% will be seen as a nerf.

I also disgree with adding more obscure affixes to the item names and doing away with real language information in the names. I regularly have to look up the prefix for some attribute I am searching for. A player should not need the wiki to play the game, but that is the only place a list of the affixes can be found.

Naming items with weird affixes instead of acutal information makes it difficult to find things in inventory or the AH. The search capabilities of these storage bins is mediocre at best. It seems we can only search for what is in the name and cannot access the information in the description. By making the names less informative, you make it more difficult for a player to find what they are looking for.

I should to be able to search for level (in shared bank), attributes (speed, insightful, etc) in both the bank and AH and use multiple filters and wildcards. This is a computer system and database; the data should be subject to sorts and searches.

Why is the AH interface different from the bank storage? Giving bank storage the same interface would be a step in the right direction with better filters and searches. Then make both able to search the description information. That would be a true Quality of Life experience!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567