Default Low level caster as Inq

I just TRed my alt into a sorc. Usually I just play the sorc as a caster from level 1 using meta'ed slas but it is kind of boring until Fireball arrives at 6.

This time though I am considering if it might be easier to play him as budget inq up to level 6. That means taking 1 ranged feat and swapping it for free at level 6.

I am looking for input from those that have done this - in particular if PBS, Rapid Reload or Rapid Shot might be the better choice for that one feat.
    Danskerne
    A Danish Guild on Ghallanda. Send PM if interested.
    Leading Raids Thursdays from 20 CET and Sundays from 21 CET.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    I just TRed my alt into a sorc. Usually I just play the sorc as a caster from level 1 using meta'ed slas but it is kind of boring until Fireball arrives at 6.

This time though I am considering if it might be easier to play him as budget inq up to level 6. That means taking 1 ranged feat and swapping it for free at level 6.

I am looking for input from those that have done this - in particular if PBS, Rapid Reload or Rapid Shot might be the better choice for that one feat.
    I would recommend exotic feat repeater instead. It surpasses inq at low levels. Otherwise RR or RS.

Community Member

Amount of time you waste on feat swap, encha reset and getting ranged gear from bank is not worth it
    You just need lv 4 for scorch and you are set
    Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    There is no shortage of content in this game for the weakest 5% of players.

For most content, they have three difficulties designed solely for them, Casual, Normal and Hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kebtid View Post
    Amount of time you waste on feat swap, encha reset and getting ranged gear from bank is not worth it
    You just need lv 4 for scorch and you are set
    I agree with this, inq is actually not that great until you get IPS so it sounds like a waste of time to me. If you are making a sorc just play as a sorc and nuke away. Single target inq will only slow you down.
    Last edited by Swimms; 11-25-2019 at 08:17 AM.
    Neurik of Argo.
    8 Ranger 8 Rogue 4 Arti Inquisitor Heroic TR build--> https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...eroic-TR-build

For the only sorc life I've run, I hate playing casters, I did EK. No feat swapping, just reset your enhancements when you get to the level you want.

Community Member

A level 2 sorcerer should have two maximized SLAs casting at CL 5.
    It's arguably one of the strongest starts that a character can have.
    And it kinda just gets better...
    Why would you waste time with piddly inquisitive.