Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 190
  1. #101
    Community Member fatherpirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,669

    Default

    Here is my grand solution to the 'I wanna play on HC too' issue.

    Allow anyone with VIP or 1yr of play (F2P/Prem) to play
    no freebies though...getting in dungeons on elite is your problem
    (F2P) same restrictions as any other server ...what ever they might be.

    to be fair - have 3 leader boards (VIP, Prem, F2P)

    Done deal.
    No excuses about dead servers...play the event or don't but no more crying.

    peace
    Planescape City of Doors for DDO endgame. Even dying in certain places can create new adventures.

  2. #102
    Community Member rarothrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Posts
    68

    Default HC reaper success

    Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    congratz to all who landed their names on those lists! Cordovan, lets have some interviews of the top-placing players about their strategies and builds now.

    Edit: kudos for Element and EmbracePike for making it
    I plan to make a forum post with this info for those who are interested. Just need to find the time. Trying to catch up on RL stuff now that the event is over.

    Ratyr
    Ratyr, Champion of Hardcore reaper XP.
    Ratyr[x] and Rarius on Cannith and Leader of Coven of Heroes.

  3. #103
    TOONETEER Brutuscass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In Zulu time
    Posts
    309

    Default sharing my thoughts

    Quote Originally Posted by SpardaX View Post
    Seeing as how you guys are talking about it, I'd like to offer my 2 cents on the HC for Premium or not debate.

    Keep in mind, I live in Australia, so my exchange rate is actually 1.47x USD currently. Much worse than his 1.33 or whatever it was for Canada.

    I also don't want to shell out for ViP, because I am in the exact same situation as him. I own everything that one can own. Packs. Races. Classes. Banks. Plat Banks. Crafting Banks. Monster Manuals. If it upgrades your account, I bought it and own it.

    With that information out of the way, let me say this. I understand that the HC server was supposed to be a ViP draw. I'm not going to argue that they should allow Premium players access. If they do, then I will try it. If they do not, then I will do as I did previously, lament the fact, and go about my business.

    But what I will say, is something I have said twice before in various forums, and have yet to get a Dev to notice it (or at least, none has commented on it yet), so I will say it again here.

    One side says "Join the club." The other side says "I already own 90% of what the club gives me, so how about no?"

    I say, what if we found a middle ground? My idea is, the devs should make a secondary "ViP" option, call it "ViP lite" or "Premium Perks Package", make it between $2 - $5 USD a month, and give it all the ViP perks without the renting content. I, like our Canadian friend, can't justify shelling out $15 x 1.47 a month, for the ability to open elite, and get 10% more xp, HC access and some character slots. $3 x 1.47 is much more palatable. ($5 or $6 is on the high side but I would probably still swallow it if it came with the 500 free ViP points as well.) This way, I would be happy, and I assume the Canadian, even paying for 2 lots for him and his wife, could probably make this work as well?

    (Personally I'd be willing to pay up to $3 USD without the free points, or up to about $6 with the free points.)

    It will give people like me and him who own everything (or at least, everything they want) a way to get the ViP perks, and I imagine considering there are probably a lot of us out there, would essentially give SSG some free money that they are not currently getting. No content needs to be made. No effort needs to be put in. Literally just free money they aren't getting now, for essentially nothing. The time it takes to set it up.

    Please share your thoughts on this, I would like to signal boost it until I can at least get a dev or cordo to respond to the idea, even if the response is "That will never happen" lol
    Ok lets puts this in prospective here, first off whether the exchange rate is higher or low means little on it's own. the average disposable income and cost of living would need to be compared. for me $1 USD x 0.78 bur does that really mean I get it cheaper? well I still pay the same in USD as everyone else.

    to keep this simple the average cost of a cup of coffee (average of all types) in the UK in 2018 was £2.44, convert that to Dollars and you get $3.13 USD
    the average cost of a cup of coffee in Australia in 2018 is given at $4.14 ASD coverted to USD that is $2.82.

    so in fact you guys pay a lot less for a coffee than I do, in USD that is, but as I said we would also need to consider cost of living in each country as well as average income. that starts to get messy and complicated.
    So to keep it simple how many coffees in cafes to you buy per month? hoping that you enjoy coffee as much as you do this game
    (coffee was used as an example, other products could also be used)

    as for (Personally I'd be willing to pay up to $3 USD without the free points, or up to about $6 with the free points.) Come on seriously how short are your arms and how deep are your pockets The workers at SSG might like the odd coffee every now and again too I mean what you are suggesting is a massive cut in income from VIP, though I am sure we would all like to get things for less, remember cheaper is not always better.

    No offence meant here, but you did ask for our thoughts
    Last edited by Brutuscass; 11-24-2019 at 07:11 PM.
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
    The downside to sycophancy is that you never get the best deal.
    Free spirits are always condemned. Only sycophants are tolerated.
    Even negative feed back can have a positive side if used to improve.

  4. #104
    TOONETEER Brutuscass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In Zulu time
    Posts
    309

    Default Plus mm

    Quote Originally Posted by EstaNonde View Post
    Originally I was going to skip the HC server event because I didn't think going VIP for that alone would be worth it. What quickly changed my mind was learning that players would receive all the once-per-world bonuses such as:

    - Greater XP Tome
    - Greater Epic XP Tome
    - Sovereign I pots
    - Excellent XP pots
    - Sentient XP stones
    -Gold Seal Eilleri

    These would be pretty pricy to buy with DDO Points! Furthermore, players can unlock first time favor rewards for even more DDO Points. Another hidden benefit from playing HC is being able to transfer a high level character to a server not normally played on, giving a substantial boost to jumpstarting a career there. Sure, all these goodies may be meaningless to some premium players, but for me it was a no-brainer.

    I knew I could hit all the milestones I wanted in one month, so that's what I chose. I must say I am happy with my experience, and it was my most useful use of VIP thus far. If premium players are allowed to buy HC character slots, I think they would have to forego all the once-per-world bonuses on HC until they subscribe.

    Anyway, the point of this thread was to celebrate, so cheers to the survivors!
    Also the Monster manual has a lot of giveaways, I got a couple of hundred DDO points, around 2250 REMs, some AS which kick started my ShardX trading and some loot boost jewels
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
    The downside to sycophancy is that you never get the best deal.
    Free spirits are always condemned. Only sycophants are tolerated.
    Even negative feed back can have a positive side if used to improve.

  5. #105
    Community Member Edwardt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Noob Valley
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffWatson View Post
    Imagine that the "VIP 3 months" option was instead called "Hardcore server access" for the same $29.97 price.
    Would you get it?
    That's how I saw that.
    I'm usually a premium player who owns pretty much everything you can get as such and doesn't benefit from the VIP status sufficiently enough to keep it up all the time.

    But the Hardcore League was worth every single penny!

    While leveling three characters up to 20 with the goal to reach the 5k favor I met so many awesome new people, reunited for a time with some who left my home server years ago, ran with some old school legends, was on Twitch streams a couple times and had the best time for ages.

    Thanks to all who assisted me to get Jaelryn and Deine up to that point.

    I couldn't have done that without you!

    I hope we meet again for another league.
    Global channel for raids: /joinchannel wayfinderraids

  6. #106
    Community Member Chacka_DDO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Berlin Germany
    Posts
    1,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Helmet View Post
    I know the hardcore enthusiasts and server-merging cheerleaders won't want to read this, but the server was like Black Friday. Most everyone came to buy stuff on sale for a limited time at the same time. Playtime was increased because it was only available for a limited time.

    If we had HC and servers merged, it won't solve the underlying issue merging server databases will cause even more lag due to how the data is structured - not to mention how an account will handle 80+ characters (assuming 10+ characters per server).
    I dont know what they did different on the hardcore server but seemingly this server was able to handle MUCH more players at the same time without too much server lag issues.
    I had only two times really terrible lag on my first character that forced me to bail out of a quest with a teleport...

    I dont know if DDO is just that poorly coded or if they run the normal servers on steam-driven machines and this is the reason why we have so much lag on the normal servers.

    But what I know is that there are other games who are able to handle MUCH more players on one server and I just assume if SSG would really try they could do that too for DDO!

    And if you now tell me that's too much effort and not worthwhile, my estimation is that such a step is FAR more healthy for DDO than e.g. the introduction of horses/mounts to DDO and this would be for sure well worth the man/womanpower to do that.
    "Act according to a maxim which can be adopted at the same time as a universal law."
    -Immanuel Kant-

    "Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has."
    -René Descartes-

  7. #107
    Community Member rarothrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Posts
    68

    Default Arguing for the sake of arguing

    Quote Originally Posted by Kabaon View Post
    No, because I STILL have everything the Hardcore Server offers for content and it's overpriced for Elite unlocks, 10% xp, and 500 points and access to the HC. I'd be looking at maybe $10 for the 3 months for unlock for premiums. Or maybe they could come up with a dynamic pricing structure based off what content you own on your account. So if you have almost everything, the price is reduced for accessing the server.

    I'm not saying I'm not willing to pay for the access, I'm not willing to pay that much for access.

    But seeing as I'm not part of the US and my costs are higher than yours for paying for stuff, I need to have it be lower in price.... I hate my dollar.
    So this quote sums up your entire position. You think HC was too expensive. We are all sorry it is too costly for you. We want more players after all. But you spent way too much time arguing on this thread just to say, "SSG, please make it available and cheaper for Premium players". You should have just let it go with that and not wasted OUR time with needless arguing. Next time please be more considerate to those of us who read through these threads. Make a point and answer legit questions about it, don't come here to argue.
    Ratyr, Champion of Hardcore reaper XP.
    Ratyr[x] and Rarius on Cannith and Leader of Coven of Heroes.

  8. #108
    Community Member Chacka_DDO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Berlin Germany
    Posts
    1,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    So a game bug killed me with 5786 favor, before the additional 54 favor for Borderlands was added. Was 7th on the leader board at the time. Bug reported and posted in the hope of a positive dev response.

    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-Cargo-bugged?

    So from the published list, I guess the response is that your time and effort counts for nothing.
    I said that already at another spot very early when hardcore just started, in my opinion, it is nonsense that you are erased from the leaderboard after a death.
    And this especially under the point of view that you can already die because of a bug or server lag and without doing anything wrong.
    I never ever died on hardcore on any character but my opinion did not change because of this.
    In this case, the real-life gives you the right idea where persons are sometimes posthumously honored or win prices.
    It is already enough penalty on death if you cannot increase your score on the leaderboard any further!
    I can just assume that SSG is not really interested in showing who did the best job on the leaderboard, they are just only interested in maximizing their profit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadlock View Post
    Edit: If I die to my own overconfidence or incompetence then fair enough, I'll raise a beer, have a laugh and reroll. Wouldn't be the first time and won't be the last If I get shafted by a game bug, then I'm not so easy going.
    I see it similar, I also die too often on a normal server for different reasons and often enough it is not my personal fault...
    But if it is my fault or the fault of one of my group mates I can live with it, not so if it is caused by lag and/or a game bug.

    The question is of course if you can prove that your death was caused by lag or a bug.
    And if you can prove it, I have also the opinion that SSG should do something about it.
    But they said in the FAQ already that they dont care at all if death is not your fault and won't help you
    "Act according to a maxim which can be adopted at the same time as a universal law."
    -Immanuel Kant-

    "Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has."
    -René Descartes-

  9. #109
    Community Member rarothrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chacka_DDO View Post
    I dont know if DDO is just that poorly coded or if they run the normal servers on steam-driven machines and this is the reason why we have so much lag on the normal servers.

    But what I know is that there are other games who are able to handle MUCH more players on one server and I just assume if SSG would really try they could do that too for DDO!

    And if you now tell me that's too much effort and not worthwhile, my estimation is that such a step is FAR more healthy for DDO than e.g. the introduction of horses/mounts to DDO and this would be for sure well worth the man/womanpower to do that.
    Chacka, You are exactly right, you DON'T know about the coding or what is involved in addressing this lag issue. I agree that lag seemed to be a little better on HC than the regular servers, but to have you come here saying SSG could do it if they really tried makes you sound pretty much a jerk. And to say that addressing lag is, in your opinion, more important that mounts only shows that you care about what matters to you and not to other players.

    I'm on the same page as you when it comes to mounts and cosmetics and stuff like that. What I'm saying is that you could be a little more diplomatic about saying you feel lag is more of an issue than other stuff.
    Ratyr, Champion of Hardcore reaper XP.
    Ratyr[x] and Rarius on Cannith and Leader of Coven of Heroes.

  10. #110
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    8

    Default

    First off had a blast playing on the hardcore server it was a great event.

    Looking forward to the next event. However I hope they are spaced out it shouldn’t be too soon.

    I hope it stays VIP just to make everything equal among players during the event. If people had different access it would create uneaded issues.

    They need to make all new rewards for the next event. If the reaper xp reward is the same but has ll instead of a I on th cloak. Why would I go thru all that work when I already have the original.

    I hope the next league starts from scratch again.

    I think what made the league so much fun was the fact that I was nervous all the time and having goals to obtain.

    Dev’s keep up the good work still enjoying the game sense May of 2006 Been VIP the entire time. Sense SSD took over I have noticed a big change in the right direction.

    Great job keep up the good work.

  11. #111
    Community Member Chacka_DDO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Berlin Germany
    Posts
    1,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rarothrock View Post
    Chacka, You are exactly right, you DON'T know about the coding or what is involved in addressing this lag issue. I agree that lag seemed to be a little better on HC than the regular servers, but to have you come here saying SSG could do it if they really tried makes you sound pretty much a jerk. And to say that addressing lag is, in your opinion, more important that mounts only shows that you care about what matters to you and not to other players.

    I'm on the same page as you when it comes to mounts and cosmetics and stuff like that. What I'm saying is that you could be a little more diplomatic about saying you feel lag is more of an issue than other stuff.
    May I make you aware of the fact that you also DON'T know about what I know and that you can always say things more diplomatic and friendly.
    For my part, I can now also say you should say things more diplomatic and friendly to me...

    Or we just assume that everyone tries his/her best to be friendly enough and that not everyone ruthlessly fights for his own interests.

    I think a server merge is MUCH more healthy for the DDO community and I also think that lag is MUCH more harmful to the game experience of every last DDO player than not having a horse/mount.
    This is just my honest opinion even if I like to have the horses now after they introduced them.
    I just hope that fighting lag and also making a server merge (ideally ONE BIG DDO Server) possible gets in the future the priority that it deserves!
    "Act according to a maxim which can be adopted at the same time as a universal law."
    -Immanuel Kant-

    "Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has."
    -René Descartes-

  12. #112
    Community Member rarothrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chacka_DDO View Post
    May I make you aware of the fact that you also DON'T know about what I know and that you can always say things more diplomatic and friendly.
    For my part, I can now also say you should say things more diplomatic and friendly to me...
    I only replied to your post with the same disregard to diplomacy as you did. You get the same respect you give others.

    As for not knowing what you do and don't know, your post was pretty clear that you don't know much about their coding. Trying to put the blame to me that I don't know what you know is only you trying to deflect from the point.

    You be nice first and you get treated well in response. Also don't make demands when you don't have any clue how things work. This isn't very hard for someone as smart as yourself to understand. You are, after all, on top of the leaderboard. (Congrats, btw.)
    Ratyr, Champion of Hardcore reaper XP.
    Ratyr[x] and Rarius on Cannith and Leader of Coven of Heroes.

  13. #113
    Community Member Chacka_DDO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Berlin Germany
    Posts
    1,392

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rarothrock View Post
    I only replied to your post with the same disregard to diplomacy as you did. You get the same respect you give others.

    As for not knowing what you do and don't know, your post was pretty clear that you don't know much about their coding. Trying to put the blame to me that I don't know what you know is only you trying to deflect from the point.

    You be nice first and you get treated well in response. Also don't make demands when you don't have any clue how things work. This isn't very hard for someone as smart as yourself to understand. You are, after all, on top of the leaderboard. (Congrats, btw.)
    At first, I see my first post no as unfriendly or not diplomatic enough at all because I always try to be friendly, believe it or not.

    You may remember a scene from Kill Bill where Bill told a story from Pai Mai who met a monk who was that "unfriendly" to him that it needed to kill this monk and 50 others...
    If you dont know this scene I can assure it's worth to make a research for it...

    And at second even if I'm unfriendly this gives you not the right at all to be unfriendly too, this is also an obviously wrong assumption of you.
    "Act according to a maxim which can be adopted at the same time as a universal law."
    -Immanuel Kant-

    "Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has."
    -René Descartes-

  14. #114
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrix View Post
    I think it should remain as VIP. I enjoy playing DDO and I want to continue to play DDO.
    SSG need money for that - having people subscribe for 1-3 months gives them money which keeps the game going.
    This server is clearly intended to drive VIP subscriptions up, and I hope it succeeds.
    And you assumed they aren't making money beforehand? How many VIP players were just resubbing anyway before and got an extra benefit by doing so? Or the fact that we JUST came out of an expansion shortly before the HC league started, in addition to an adventure pack a few months after. Sure, it did drive VIP sales up for 1-3 months. But the real question is, how many folks kept the sub after the fact. I bet not as many as you think.

    The other point here is that if SSG was doing far worse as a company I'm sure they wouldn't be making plans for 2020 and beyond for DDO and LOTRO. I doubt the company would have gone belly up because people didn't subscribe to to VIP for 3 months. I also understand they are in the business of making money for the well being of the company/shareholders, but I doubt they were even in dire straights before the announcement of the HC server.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrix View Post
    You want to try it out? Then pay up for it or do without.
    Most of DDO is free (or can be gained by playing for many hours) and earning TP for free.
    This is a VIP only benefit and should stay as such.
    This is wrong on so many levels. A very LARGE portion of DDO isn't free. I challenge you to look through all of the quests that are purely F2P and remind yourself that most of DDO requires either a hell of a lot of DDO point grinding or a credit card. I counted just from the wiki paid adventure packs there are 51 packs in DDO that require DDO points to obtain, 4 of which I take off the list because of Expansions (though they cost money/ddo points as well). Admittedly the earning of DDO points starts snowballing with the more packs you do own so it is easier to earn later, but usually to get any form of adventure packs as a pure F2P it involves a fair amount of grinding to get even one or two packs at the start.

    The only benefit of VIP is that you get all of those packs (minus the x-pacs), the F2P quests associated or just add for free, all races and classes, all the monster manuals (which I forgot about), 10%xp, ability to open elite, free weekly gold rolls, ability to skip a quest in a saga for free, 500 ddo points and now a VIP Only HC server. And yet ONLY after you get a private server to yourself (even temporary), and folks that don't waste their money on a service with little to no value to themselves try to at least get SOME form of inclusion you say "Go f youself, pay up or don't bother coming into our secret hideout from you plebs". That's what VIP players basically show me. Not all of them, but the ones hiding behind "We don't get any value to our 15 dollar subs (or 10 dollar subs).

    I'm saying I don't get value from VIP because half of that list I just posted I already OWN.

    Also, at least you get stuff from your subscription, I know other MMO sub based systems basically net you access to their content and that's it, no extra bonuses. Using WoW as an example, they spend almost as much as you guys per month, and get access to "retail WoW" and Classic WoW. No xp gains over anyone, no money for the WoW in game shop, no extra character slots. Just your access to their services and that's it. I think you guys have it good tbh.


    Quote Originally Posted by rarothrock View Post
    So this quote sums up your entire position. You think HC was too expensive. We are all sorry it is too costly for you. We want more players after all. But you spent way too much time arguing on this thread just to say, "SSG, please make it available and cheaper for Premium players". You should have just let it go with that and not wasted OUR time with needless arguing. Next time please be more considerate to those of us who read through these threads. Make a point and answer legit questions about it, don't come here to argue.
    And this whole post of yours trying to belittle me on choosing to voice my opinion and try to get folks to see it from my point of view is a waste of time.

    Also, it's not like you HAD to read this thread, no ones forcing you to. So if I somehow wasted your time, you did it to yourself. But hey, I was making a point and did answer legitimate questions.

    Sounds like your just trying to stir the pot.
    Last edited by Kabaon; 11-24-2019 at 01:49 PM.


    Karnasis (Human Wizard, Pale Master, Level 27), Taldall (Half-Orc, Monk- Perpetually abandoned)

  15. #115
    Community Member Sarkastik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chacka_DDO View Post
    ... persons are sometimes posthumously honored or win prices.
    It is already enough penalty on death if you cannot increase your score on the leaderboard any further!
    Ironically, there are dead characters on the leaderboard still (or at least one, anyways, that I know of), but nobody seems concerned one way or the other!

  16. #116
    Community Member rarothrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chacka_DDO View Post
    And at second even if I'm unfriendly this gives you not the right at all to be unfriendly too, this is also an obviously wrong assumption of you.
    I disagree. I treat others how they act toward other people around them. It is the only way to show people that they are acting inappropriately. You may not have intended to act poorly, but that doesn't mean you didn't. If I didn't point it out and act that way toward you, you would never know and would not try to do better.
    Ratyr, Champion of Hardcore reaper XP.
    Ratyr[x] and Rarius on Cannith and Leader of Coven of Heroes.

  17. #117
    Community Member rarothrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kabaon View Post
    Sounds like your just trying to stir the pot.
    Dude, give it up. I was saying give it a rest already. If you want to believe I was "stirring the pot" then you might have an issue with delusions of persecution. By arguing your point into the ground you are not convincing anyone to change their mind. THAT is my point. Why else would you continue to press your point? Several people said they saw your point, but disagreed with it. Why would you continue to push after that happened? I was trying to explain to you that you made your point clear, but that you didn't have to convince anyone to agree with you.
    Ratyr, Champion of Hardcore reaper XP.
    Ratyr[x] and Rarius on Cannith and Leader of Coven of Heroes.

  18. #118
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kabaon View Post
    I have said this multiple times, VIP gives me access to content. Adventure Packs, Classes, Races. With some minor perks beyond that. Things I already own (as I've stated multiple times).

    I have no issue with folks using VIP to access the server. My issue is that it's THE ONLY WAY to access the server. Again, I own the content on my account, there is no difference in quests between live and HC server, so VIP is POINTLESS for accessing the content.

    I'm not saying they can't make money, but there are ways to make money besides locking a whole server behind a paywall. But hey, if you wanna be elitist about it, go right ahead.
    No, your issue is the price. Someone suggested a token for 500-700 ddo points and YOU said it was too expensive. If SSG decides thats the price then thats the price. If thats too expensive to you do not buy it and MOVE ON!!

    Side note : I am premium and spend around 1000$ US a year on ddo + expansions . I have all the content races classes etc like you do and if i want to do HCL I know the price and can choose to buy it or not. MOVE ON!!

  19. #119
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rarothrock View Post
    I only replied to your post with the same disregard to diplomacy as you did. You get the same respect you give others.

    As for not knowing what you do and don't know, your post was pretty clear that you don't know much about their coding. Trying to put the blame to me that I don't know what you know is only you trying to deflect from the point.

    You be nice first and you get treated well in response. Also don't make demands when you don't have any clue how things work. This isn't very hard for someone as smart as yourself to understand. You are, after all, on top of the leaderboard. (Congrats, btw.)
    2 wrongs don't make a right come on

  20. #120
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutuscass View Post

    as for (Personally I'd be willing to pay up to $3 USD without the free points, or up to about $6 with the free points.) Come on seriously how short are your arms and how deep are your pockets The workers at SSG might like the odd coffee every now and again too I mean what you are suggesting is a massive cut in income from VIP, though I am sure we would all like to get things for less, remember cheaper is not always better.
    I'm a bit disappointed that apparently no one else has even bothered to comment on my idea, but I'll put that aside now to address you, as you at least did.
    I'm not sure if you actually read my idea or not though?

    How exactly is what I am suggesting, a massive cut in income from VIP?

    I am not suggesting they change VIP in any way. If you pay for VIP, and rent all the content in the game and get the VIP perks, that's great. You keep doing that. All the current VIP subs keep going as they are. No loss in income.

    What I suggested, is they make an additional subscription model, for people such as me, who already own all the content, and don't see any value in renting what I already own, and as such, won't ever actually subscribe to the current VIP model at the price.

    So in total, they keep all their current VIP income from current VIP subscriptions, and ALSO on top of that, gain a smaller amount of income, for a smaller service of just the perks without the free access to races / classes / content, from what I assume is a large portion of their player base who are currently NOT paying ANY subscription fee.

    There might be some current VIP people who swap to the lesser pricing, If they decide they no longer want access to most of the game, for whatever reason, and I can see that being a small dip in income, but I for one, as an example, will go from paying $0, to paying them $3 - 5 a month at least, if this idea was made real. A revenue increase. And I am surely not the only one.

    TL;DR: The current money stays as is. And current players who won't pay to rent what they already own, start paying something.
    This should not result in a loss?

    As for the point of Price of the lesser sub model, it can be whatever, we need to at least get the idea on the board before we worry about the price of it.

    But if you want to understand my reasoning for the price I listed, here it is. The price for VIP is $15 USD, the question becomes, how do you break that down? It has 500 free points in it, and points seem to roughly equate to 1 US cent. So lets say that 500 free points = $5 of that $15.

    So $10 left over. How much is access to all the content and races and classes worth, vs how much is 10% extra xp, 4 character slots, and the ability to open elite worth?

    My personal thoughts put what is literally like, 90% of the game's content, at most of that $10. I ballparked it at $7 for that, and $3 for the 10% + Couple slots + Elite opening + HC access, and whatever other perks they get that aren't springing to mind. I'm sure there are more. If you disagree with me on that estimate, I'd be willing to discuss that. Give me a counter point or counter cost breakdown. I said I'd be willing to do $3 - $5, so that puts the estimate at "Almost the entire game" worth only half of that $10, and "ViP Perks" worth the other half. I think that's a bad ratio personally, but I did have it as the high point of still being an option.

    But as I said, the idea needs to hit the board first.
    Last edited by SpardaX; 11-24-2019 at 09:44 PM.
    Server: Thelanis - Characters Main: Rusttttt, Sepiaaaaa, Amethysttttt - Other Alts: Flameeeee, Siennaaaaa, Rougeeeee, Roseeeee, Wineeeee, Marigolddddd, Zaffreeeee, Wisteriaaaaa, Scarlettttt, Rufousssss, Lilaccccc, Puceeeee, Azureeeee, Orchiddddd, Sinopiaaaaa, Amaranthhhhh, Violettttt, Umberrrrr, Tawnyyyyy, And More! Literally too many for the Signature!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload