Community Member

Angry I get VIP and u repay me with treating me like garbage

So I played this game a few months ago and got to level 16 with VIP. I thought eh I'm bored I wanna try ddo again, so I start playing and get VIP. Worse decision ever, VIP doesn't even support most of the quests at my level, and I sent a ticket to support asking for a refund and they just deleted it without responding. They also made it so I can't send tickets anymore. I am talking I made one ticket lol wow you mad DDO? Anyways, I'm ****ed that I allowed you guys to treat me like garbage and you got away with my money. I wish I knew a lawyer to sue ur fking garbage game to oblivion. DO NOT SPEND MONEY ON THIS GAME THE OWNERS ARE UNGRATEFUL LOSERS WHO THINK THEY ARE GONNA REVIVE A GAME BY BEING ********!

“Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Community Member

Theboisbackboi
    I get VIP and u repay me with treating me like garbage
    So I played this game a few months ago and got to level 16 with VIP. I thought eh I'm bored I wanna try ddo again, so I start playing and get VIP. Worse decision ever, VIP doesn't even support most of the quests at my level, and I sent a ticket to support asking for a refund and they just deleted it without responding. They also made it so I can't send tickets anymore. I am talking I made one ticket lol wow you mad DDO? Anyways, I'm ****ed that I allowed you guys to treat me like garbage and you got away with my money. I wish I knew a lawyer to sue ur fking garbage game to oblivion. DO NOT SPEND MONEY ON THIS GAME THE OWNERS ARE UNGRATEFUL LOSERS WHO THINK THEY ARE GONNA REVIVE A GAME BY BEING ********!
    Xpacs are never free, even to vip, however, IF you had done your research instead of this ^^^, you would have seen that there are plenty of quest packs that you can play.

You, sir, are butt-mad. I would go so far as to say that you are Captain Butt-Mad of the S.S. Rectally Devastated.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRunning View Post
    IF you had done your research...
    The expansions and adventure packs in DDO are absolutely baffling, and needlessly so. A subscription should simply grant you access to everything, with all content being purchasable in the store. I've been playing DDO on and off for a decade and I don't have the first clue of what is included with VIP, and I just tried to look it up on the WIKI! Additionally, you have to buy this here and that there, get a code, blah blah blah... I can't count the number of times I've tried to help people I've played with purchase content .

In fact just the other night a friend of mine, who's also played on and off for over a decade (more off than on), wanted to play a quest with me that he didn't have. He's been playing a lot lately and dumping a lot of money in the game as well. So he goes through listing off the few remaining packs on the store he hasn't purchased yet and the quest wasn't in any of those. We realized the pack was only purchasable through Steam or the DDO Market, so he bought it through Steam and we spent the next hour trying to get it to work.

Suggesting someone do the research before subscribing to a video is silly on face value, but it's outright ludicrous in DDO where it's almost impossible for someone who's played the game for years to figure out what comes with a subscription, just how is a newcomer supposed to figure it out?
    The Final Victory Tour!!!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude View Post
    The expansions and adventure packs in DDO are absolutely baffling, and needlessly so. A subscription should simply grant you access to everything, with all content being purchasable in the store. I've been playing DDO on and off for a decade and I don't have the first clue of what is included with VIP, and I just tried to look it up on the WIKI!
    I thought I knew what was included and what was not. Expansions that are not available in the DDO in game store, are NOT part of VIP, everything else is. Or to phrase it another way, you have to buy MotU and Shadowfell, everything else content wise is in the VIP sub.
    Went and looked at the ddo wiki vip page, it says that quite clearly (under VIP terms and conditions - don't ask me why) -

Menace of the Underdark and Shadowfell Conspiracy are expansions and are not included with VIP membership.

That wording has probably been there on the wiki page since before the 2 newer expansions, and probably no-one thought to update it to take into consideration the 2 newer expansions (Ravenloft + Sharn) have been released both as marketplace expansions for RL cash, and then (6 months later) added as in-game store packs. Keep in mind the wiki is just something maintained by players.

Additionally, for non-quest stuff, it gets a little more complex, because you can unlock things on a per server basis by various techniques. But basically, Iconics are not part of vip, all other class + race should be.

As to why it's so complex, well, players can earn in-game points, so if SSG want to be sure to make money, they have to keep things out of the in-game points store for a while. But because the game set a certain free to play system, they sort of want things in the in-game store in the end.

Can't really comment about steam stuff, imo it's best to just avoid steam totally, there's no reason to get another company/system involved in it. DDO market for xpacks, purchase and get sent a code, put the code in game, it activates. Buy direct in DDO in game store where possible, it activates right away.
    Last edited by Tist; 11-22-2019 at 06:55 AM.

Menace of the Underdark and Shadowfell Conspiracy should be available in the DDO store, imo. It's bizarre that you have to go out of game and off site to buy these.

Community Member

Can only assume you mean expansions. I'm surprised you didn't find this out at level 10 with ravenloft. You can easily level to 20 without them, but you did that right past ravenloft already.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude View Post
    Suggesting someone do the research before subscribing to a video is silly on face value, but it's outright ludicrous in DDO where it's almost impossible for someone who's played the game for years to figure out what comes with a subscription, just how is a newcomer supposed to figure it out?
    For someone who's played it for a while and is returning I don't think that it's silly. And I think you are vastly exaggerating your own ignorance to try to make a point. I'm pretty sure you know that vip gives access to all quests but the expansions.
    Last edited by Cantor; 11-22-2019 at 08:21 AM.

Default I wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by Theboisbackboi View Post
    With this type of ranting I would have deleted your message as well. I am a VIP of 14 plus years now and have only ever received good to great service when needed from the DDO Team.
    Fizban - Avatar of Khyber
    Guild Leader of Legends: Where adventurers are born & Legends live.

well thats one way of insuring your account deletion......
    main toons: Cerrsi(silly caster/xbow) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

I think you are mistaken about the lack of content at level 16. A bit of additional information below, if it helps:

If you are level 16, then it is not true that most of the quests at your level are not available to a VIP.

You can run level 14 quests on elite for no XP penalty. There are 20 quests. All 20 are available to a VIP with no additional spend.

You can run level 15 quests on hard or elite for no XP penalty. There are 28 quests. 19 are available to a VIP with no additional spend. 9 require buying the Masterminds of Sharn expansion.

You can run level 16 quests on any difficulty. There are 23 quests. 10 are available to a VIP with no additional spend. 8 require buying the Masterminds of Sharn expansion and 5 require the Shadowfell expansion, 13 total.

You can run level 17 quests on any difficulty. (Most players do not run over level, but bank XP. However this is just a best practice.). There are 21 quests. All are available to a VIP with no additional spend.

In summary: Looking at quests you can easily run at level 16 with no XP penalty:

VIP quests: 70
    Quests Requiring an Expansion: 22

It does not sound like "VIP does not support most of the quests at my level" unless you are narrowly looking at level 16. Even then, there are 10 quests at that level, which will provide more than enough XP to get to the next level. You do not need to run any expansion content to level a character. It is entirely optional to purchase those at your level. There is actually only one that I really think is "necessary" beyond VIP, and that is Menace of the Underdark. Which has quests that start at level 21.

If you do decide to invest in expansions, I recommend them in this order:

Menace of the Underdark.
    Ravenloft.
    Masterminds of Sharn.
    Shadowfell Conspiracy.

If you do NOT buy Menace of the Underdark, I highly recommend you purchase the Epic Destinies for 995 DDO points from the in game store. You will need those when you hit level 20. They come included in the MoTU expansion pack, however, which makes it a great value. In addition to all the quests that it offers. That is why this expansion is the most "necessary".
    Asheras - Velania - Renvar - Ventarya - Officer in Loreseekers and Officer of Lava Divers - Khyber

Bounty Hunter

There is a chance that expansions are at a deep discount at some time during the next month as soon as Wednesday. Rather than get mad be ready to get these at 1/2 to 1/4 the price I paid.

Its ts a small company that definitely seems very amateurish at times but truth is the employees really care and any way you look at it this game is a bargain. You can also use your free vip points + what you earn in game to buy xpacs- the situation is far from dire.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRunning View Post
    Xpacs are never free, even to vip, however
    You can, however, buy Ravenloft & Sharn via the free DDO points you get monthly as a VIP. Both in under a year, for that matter.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Community Member

I will just add that "expansions are not free for subscribers" is pretty much standard practice in the gaming industry...its not a quirk of DDO's business model or anything that's deliberately deceptive to customers.

In before the lock!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Theboisbackboi View Post
    Just be glad you got out before you got emotionaly invested in the game....

Keep in mind that there is tons of content out ther

e with a far beter exp/ difficulty with far superior writting and better populated.
    The first 2 expansions are just eveningstar quests, with mostly mediocre exp, outdated loot and bad difficulty balancing, sure there are some good perks like ED's, 2 good exp quests and a few pieces of ok ish loot but you can reach 20 just fine on the content that is provided with vip.

I personaly wouldn't recomend the x-packs to a new player untill he reached at least 20.
    Though to be fair, these days i wouldnt recomend it at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    I play a guy with a two-hander not just in this game, but in every game that has 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-mann View Post
    Not to derail the thread, but then can you make 2hf NOT suck so much compared to 2wf or swf?
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    8 pages in, that train has already sailed. The dead horse is canned into cat food by now.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by lyrecono View Post
    Just be glad you got out before you got emotionaly invested in the game....
    lol