Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Name Just ONE :-D

Ok folks, I want everyone (who wants to) to list

ONE THING

they would like to see or be changed in game.

>>> there is a catch :-)

It can't be lag reduction...yes yes we know

It can not include >content<

no races, no modules, no classes none of that stuff ... we
    are mainly talking 'tweeks' to what is already in game. example - get rid of zoning between houses, or
    consolidate vendors in some way, weather changes ...stuff like that... tweeks.

Just ONE. so choose your number one desired tweek.

Mine is--- I would like to see a druid scroll vendor in the city.

ok, everyone else turn.

go nuts

peace
    Planescape City of Doors for DDO endgame. Even dying in certain places can create new adventures.

Community Member

Account wide inventory search and sort functionality
    Zanthiss - L30 Mechanic - Cannith: Hand of Death
    Zamsil - L28 TWF VKF assassin

I've got a Dungeon Master's Guide... I've got 12 sided die...

Community Member

More to the monster manual including of course goblins.

Community Member

Default Snakes

Snakes as a general class of monster. Large, small, poison, constrictor, etc.

Improvements to the Cannith Crafting UI, preferably alongside some updates to the art and tool-tips of the collectibles and culling of the available collectibles to help newer players have an easier time with CC and help all players with inventory management. The latter would be especially helpful if you don't consider that part of the same "thing" for the purpose of this thread.

I've been playing for around 12 years and I love Cannith Crafting, especially now that we just use Cannith Essence instead of the older system, but the UI is clunky and hard to navigate, collectibles are hugely varied to the point where some of them feel completely useless, and managing them is a nightmare, especially once you start hoarding non-CC collectibles like event items and such. I'm glad that we have crafting bank and substantial amounts of space for them but I would rather see that server load freed up a little and the process... not simplified but easier to navigate for those of us who haven't had years and years to get used to it and built up the tools to manage it.

An Inventory/Storage Pass.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by fatherpirate View Post
    Just ONE. so choose your number one desired tweek.
    To auto dismount riders from horses when they enter taverns...

Searchable TR bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreppo View Post
    Searchable TR bank.
    Even just have the list in alphabetical order

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    An Inventory/Storage Pass.
    I go with this, merged with a TR cache Pass.

The largest negative QoL right now.

Default Public space architecture and design

Spots of Auction house, Mail Boxes and Brokers relocated at the central area of the marketplace and all houses.

If possible redesigning the paths for players aswell. Stormreach has abnormal flying towers and robotic technology but horrible at designing and planning the streets, social spaces and transportation ?

Example: The steps to bank and central area are all horrible. Steps lead to walls and pavements lead to walls and flower pots. Ugly and unfunctional design. No planners and designers at Stormreach ? No city planning and landscaping lore wise ?

The worst plans at Stormreach city.

Marketplace the worst. Simply horrible. Paths, location of vendors and brokers, mails and auction house and two useless inns instead an of Open air inn.

Kundarak the second (These dwarves are builders ? Really ?)

Twelve bronze medal. All that intellect is wasted on what ?

Deneith is very ugly but the social gathering spots and mail is well designed.

Harbor should have auction house and mail at the docks side.

Jorasco and Phiarlan can be fixed easier than others. The Bogwater should have been the top spot for ingame gatherings. (DDO actually needs live parties to encourage players to have fun other than grinding xp) The desk and weird shallow pond where House patrons kill time is pretty ugly compared to the rest of the elven house. (Bogwater tavern is one of the best locations at stromreach which requires only a few redesign touch)

Inspired quarters may be one of the best designed areas at Stormreach, head to head with Cannith house plan; but the decoration at Cannith house is too exegrated that leads to a lowbrow taste ' Look I Mr Hickey have the money to do this...' (Anyhow Cannith flying elevator is unfunctional. Real life scientist would dump that project; not only because the elevators are horribly located but also they keep elevating non stop when there is nothing to elevate)

Better spots:

Jorasco (still needs fix), Phiarlan(samewise), Cannith (the decoration needs resizing and recolorin. The location and the functionality of the elevators needs a touch. Inspired quarters is one the best ; still needs small touch. Loving the open air tavern at Inspired and the shops but lacks auction house and mail box there.

Harbor (There could be bards and open air tavern where the npc brokers are located at. The bank would be at another spot. Harbor docks need auction and mail nearby the Leaky dingy tavern. Tavern could have tables and function as tavern right outside the wooden walls of Leaky dinghy aswell. Wayward lobster might also function as the tavern right outside where tables are located at.

https://www.thearchitectsguide.com/b...itecture-books

My humble n00b c3nts.

House Cannith representer: ' Aint ye love my taste ? '
    Last edited by Kutalp; 11-22-2019 at 03:49 AM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
    Grumpy Humanoid Rogue/Never gone give you up

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Open Guild for All Founder - Hardcore

Large Cosmetic Bag of holding

by Level item sorting in inventory and bank.
    Jaigle- Jaizle - Zhentas - Envie - EE solo album - Youtube Channel
    ex Devourer player

A spell pass followed by a feat pass of existing but dated/useless feats like acrobatic etc

An improvement on quality all over. From download via playing and purchasing to Account Management and communication.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titusovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Community Member

I replied earlier from a tablet, so I'm deleting those posts, and typing a proper one here :

I'm breaking your rule for just one thing, since I think if these things were fixed / implemented, most all serious problems or issues with DDO would be resolved, and we'd be looking at a game that could really just be content releases - ie, what SSG try to do currently.

(1) cross server grouping or massive server merges (like down to 2 servers). Population is a major issue for most players. Me personally not so much, but I understand why. Solve this by either massive server merging (issue tokens for all things un-movable like guild resources / ships / guild LEVELS / astral diamonds), or allow cross server tells/chat, and cross server LFG that requires only one person to "enter" the instance and initiate it, the rest of the group can click-to-enter on lfg screen, and the instance runs on a new dedicated virtual super server with instances only.

(2) Combat logging to file. If everyone could actually read and process the combat log, in combination with the new character sheet info panel, the players would quickly find a lot of the problems with the system as it is - little bugs with abilities or where things don't work as they should. With follow up fixes from the devs, this would get the system itself to a stable state.

(3) Inventory/storage UI changes/logging/searching needs to be sorted out. We need searching, filtering and sorting (ordering) in all item display UI elements. These things probably need to support account-wide searching too. We need storage shortages to be addressed - cosmetic only item storage and "bank vault" or house slow-access long term storage (not every zone needing to load this list, you have to go to the correct zone to take stuff out). I think it's possible we might also need to get the bank + inventory favour rewards changed into once-per-character unlocks. And with these things done, the TR cache would not exist any more, you would be responsible for putting the things that currently go into TR cache into your "vault" before you TR'd.

3 to 6 months after implementing these 3 things, I would expect the game to be in a much healthier state for the mid- to long-term, for players to be generally happier, and SSG's "content only" future development would likely be much more acceptable.

I have a list of what I consider game tweaks that would be nice. Consider the first one my one request and the others are my additional preferences.

1. Vendor Ambiance: Do not just place a vendor in the game.. Add some flavor to him/her in their surroundings. i.e. The banker in the Harbor, add some banking decor.
    2. The guild vendors in House Kundarek need some decor.
    3. Ability to name your bags on each character. Maybe just 4-5 characters at least.
    4. Add some additional guild amenities at higher guild levels.
    Fizban - Avatar of Khyber
    Guild Leader of Legends: Where adventurers are born & Legends live.

Community Member

I must agree with inventory.

My preference would be eliminate the TR cache* and add personal BTC long-term** storage.

*requires making bank/inventory tab unlocks permanent to avoid confusion.

**long-term meaning it's accessible one place, not at every bank (lag), not even at the same time as bank (if you can open both simultaneously then it becomes defacto more bank and not longterm storage). It is long-term, not to be accessed often... maybe once per life when you change builds drastically or get a cool raid item you can't use right now. Could be included with new airship amenity or housing.

inv management

search account wide

search tr caches
    main toons: Cerrsi(silly caster/xbow) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast