Default update 44 bug: social panel

not sure if anyone else uses the comments on the "friends" social panel, but prior to update 44, you could enter comments for each individual character on your friends list, which would display under the class/level/guild lines.

after update 44, those comments are all "browned out" for me - the text string instead is replaced by a brown box.

if I click on the character, the actual comment has been retained, and appears in the lower COMMENT box at the bottom.

I checked with someone else, and they have the same issue.

I will submit a bug report for this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Graskitch View Post
    not sure if anyone else uses the comments on the "friends" social panel, but prior to update 44, you could enter comments for each individual character on your friends list, which would display under the class/level/guild lines.

after update 44, those comments are all "browned out" for me - the text string instead is replaced by a brown box.

if I click on the character, the actual comment has been retained, and appears in the lower COMMENT box at the bottom.

I checked with someone else, and they have the same issue.

I will submit a bug report for this issue.
    Seconded.

Fixed internally.
    ~ [Sic]

Thumbs up You Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Siic View Post
    Fixed internally.
    Thanks! I was about to mention this as well. I love the comments section

Hey Siic, on a side note... any way you can add Single Weapon Fighting attack speed to those list of goodies in the new '+' panel? I know hovering over the red thing next to the BAB shows melee attack speed in general, but I wasn't sure if SWF was shown separately or not.
    >>>Itchybeard (Crafter), Greensmash (Main), All Others (Mules)<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Itchybeard View Post
    Thanks! I was about to mention this as well. I love the comments section

Hey Siic, on a side note... any way you can add Single Weapon Fighting attack speed to those list of goodies in the new '+' panel? I know hovering over the red thing next to the BAB shows melee attack speed in general, but I wasn't sure if SWF was shown separately or not.
    So, there's basically two internal categories of combat-style-specific attack speed bonuses:

1. Conditional: "You gain +X to your overall attack speed property WHILE using Y combat style."
    You can see these bonuses on the main character sheet under the combat tooltip.

Example: Single Weapon Fighting feat
    While Single Weapon Fighting, you gain +10% Combat Style bonus to attack speed and +2 Combat Style bonus to Melee Power. Requires fighting with a single one-handed weapon, and wielding only an orb, runearm, or nothing in your offhand.
    2. Property-specific: "You gain +X to your Y combat style attack speed property."
    You can see these bonuses on the new details tab under their respective categories.

Example: Thief Acrobatics enhancement
    +1/+2/+3 Balance, Jump, and Tumble, +5%/+10%/+15% attack speed with quarterstaves.
    Basically, these are completely different internally and I would have to rework every ability that grants attack speed bonuses to fix it.
    At the very least, hopefully this post will help you know where to look to see your various types of attack speed bonuses. :P
    ~ [Sic]

Thumbs up Thank you!

Your rapid response time is much appreciated, Siic. It is interesting how the code differentiates the two internal categories, and obviously an overhaul of the abilities isn't worth the effort. Digging such a deep hole for such a small gem would likely be a waste of time. I'm guessing spellcasting speeds such as Wiz vs. Sorc and Quicken vs. non-Quicken falls into the same quagmire.

Overall, I'm glad we have locations where we can see the attack speeds regardless of type/source. I look forward to testing various attack speed types.
    >>>Itchybeard (Crafter), Greensmash (Main), All Others (Mules)<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Siic View Post
    Fixed internally.
    I noticed with today's patch that comments on the "friends" social panel are still not displaying properly.

You had mentioned that this was fixed internally on 11/18; I guess that does not necessarily mean the fix is deployed in the next patch?