Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Sealed in Amber optional

So as other threads have pointed out The optional in Sealed in Amber: restore the lich is currently broken.

My questions to the devs as they are mostly avoiding that thread are:

1: why was this done? (mostly answered, but still want to ask)
    2: is it intentional?
    3: a)will it be fixed
    b)if not will the lich and optional simply be removed?
    main toons: Cerrsi(silly caster/xbow) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

If the Lich optional is not fixed, I really hope the XP for sealed and Amber gets bumped up significantly. Because that means we will have to get three of those scrolls instead of the one and occasionally to scrolls that we need now.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    If the Lich optional is not fixed, I really hope the XP for sealed and Amber gets bumped up significantly. Because that means we will have to get three of those scrolls instead of the one and occasionally to scrolls that we need now.
    i wouldnt mind if they simply reverted the original changes in terms of mobs if we have to search for all over 9000 scrolls to finish the quest.

as it is amber is now going to the top of the quests people dont want to play
    main toons: Cerrsi(silly caster/xbow) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly melee)

Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    i wouldnt mind if they simply reverted the original changes in terms of mobs if we have to search for all over 9000 scrolls to finish the quest.

as it is amber is now going to the top of the quests people dont want to play
    Or, you know, revert all the changes and let the players decide what's FUN for themselves.

There's a reason I love Trial by Fury a lot. Quests designed like that are dime a dozen. Variety is the spice of life.

And not the kind of variety where you have to press 3 wall buttons and smash randomly placed cargo AFTER you've cleared the quest.
    Or doing a ceiling mirror puzzle after you've killed the boss.

anything?

I know that its the weekend, but have seen devs post so hoping

up?

i cant believe this is intentional. the silence is disturbing

up?

I find it funny (and not in a good way) how in some threads devs are quite talkative, or at least acknowledge thread exist. (for example over weekend someone mentioned that rumor about new packs having better named drop rate in first week and Lyn was quick to point out that's not true)

But in some others they are quiet like a mouse in cat shelter. usually in ones where people comment on some "you're kidding right?" changes.

Although I see their logic: "ignore it and people will forget"

Community Member

up?

The silence is reasonable considering with probably one or two exceptions they don't get paid to respond here, and those individuals probably don't get paid to respond on weekends, and they definitely don't get paid to respond to you in particular. On the magnitude of the issue, they've left a quest closed for a month before, this is practically nothing, especially since you can still complete.

Quote Originally Posted by acemonkey View Post
    The silence is reasonable considering with probably one or two exceptions they don't get paid to respond here, and those individuals probably don't get paid to respond on weekends, and they definitely don't get paid to respond to you in particular. On the magnitude of the issue, they've left a quest closed for a month before, this is practically nothing, especially since you can still complete.
    im not asking them to respond to me im asking them to respond in general. i admitted it was the weekend which was why i bumped it

and flimsy responded to one of the threads so im good.

Systems Designer

The silence is reasonable considering with probably one or two exceptions they don't get paid to respond here, and those individuals probably don't get paid to respond on weekends, and they definitely don't get paid to respond to you in particular.
    Yep, generally speaking I'm the only one here on the weekends, and mostly just to make jokes.

On the magnitude of the issue, they've left a quest closed for a month before, this is practically nothing, especially since you can still complete.
    Pshaw, one time I broke Litany of the Dead so hard that Ascension Chamber was unflaggable for 6 months. Practically nothing indeed.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Their silence on player issues can last for years - so anyone's request on anything can be considered practically nothing. This includes TR issues with loss of 10+ years of progress.

They have repeatedly ignored the idea of having a periodic issue addressed based on popularity, or length of time.

The system here is they talk about whatever they want to - and without a system or plan.

Whatever fake reason they give you for not talking to the player base, just realize it is because they don't want to, and that it will be trivial to find 100's of examples that violate their fake reason.

Devs don't need any help from the forum warriors justifying why it is good to ignore player issues. Preaching patience, tone, time, etc does not produce results.

I'm still waiting for Lynnabel to respond to any stealth/sneak related questions in her multi-year thread.
    - inactive player -

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Pshaw, one time I broke Litany of the Dead so hard that Ascension Chamber was unflaggable for 6 months. Practically nothing indeed.
    Kudos

Quote Originally Posted by nokowi View Post
    The system here is they talk about whatever they want to - and without a system or plan.
    Which is how most people post to forums. Be reasonable, they aren't paid to talk to you.

Community Member

And the three people who actually went to do Chamber during those three months were really miffed about it

Kudos

Which is how most people post to forums. Be reasonable, they aren't paid to talk to you.
    They are paid to address player issues.

I don't think it is unreasonable to expect them to do this - regardless of how they respond to one individual.

Saying SSG has no real system for addressing issues is reasonable and not dependent on needing an individual response.

Listing the evidence for that claim, including no interest in a system for addressing popular issues (vote for issue of the month, etc) is not a claim that they have to respond to each and every individual. Watching them bury their head in the sand when their help is needed is disappointing, at best.

Watching devs blame an individual for their lack of addressing player issues is not what I would look for in a company - I don't see how it leads to a better game. I don't agree with using "I won't respond to an individual" as an excuse for not addressing a known issue. Making the game better should be the priority.
    - inactive player -

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by nokowi View Post
    They are paid to address player issues.
    Interacting with the players is not actually part of the gig, I just happen to enjoy it. It's entirely optional.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Traveler of the Skies
    Minotaur Annihilator

Interacting with the players is not actually part of the gig, I just happen to enjoy it. It's entirely optional.
    If it's an Optional, do you get extra XP?

Quote Originally Posted by Frogger1234 View Post
    Probably ransacked
    "Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase

Hero, Mo Bro H'ro, & MB Super-H'ro ComicRelief's Avatar

Default Not Anymore

Not with the implementation of Optional Ransack, as there have been more than eight of the optional interactions and no qualifying reincarnations.
    "...At least it tells us they understand our language; they're just not willing to speak to us in it. -Who knew they were French?"

does extra dev XP = extra $ at review time?
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ComicRelief View Post
    Not with the implementation of Optional Ransack, as there have been more than eight of the optional interactions and no qualifying reincarnations.
    I am waiting for our favorite developer to post with a new icon and announce that they have TRed.
    The blinking Drooam "backpack" is NOT a party buff. But its fun to say it is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast