Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mounts in Inns

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    Please ignore this response. many of us think riding mounts inside taverns is dumb.
    Yea, too many around here think other people's fun is dumb, and just want the game to be what they like, regardless of everyone else
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    While it's not difficult to figure out, it's a mindless, stupid and eye-bleeding grind. It's not too hard to figure out that is not what this game needs right now. 2-3 million karma ok, there's some pain for your gain. But really, the EPL's are not worth the pain of 6 million XP in off destinies/sphere's.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality.

Community Member

why not, the problem is that the horse is too big
    other appearances of "horses" may appear, such as flying carpets, brooms...

I've noticed significant latency since horses have arrived. It'd be rather inconsiderate to others if you ride your horses into such tiny cramped places as the: Delver's Canteen in Thernal, Mistress Orphne's Haven or The Eye of Kol Korra, etc.

I mentioned on Lamannia about being "hemmed in" and so forth by a team of horses [Post #36] my views haven't really shifted about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Myself View Post
    [...] Even within the 'Test Dojo' it was easy enough to get "hemmed in" between the Horses. I could imagine the Auction Houses and other congregation points being choked up with horse flesh on the normal servers. ...
    Given time the horse (or other mount type) population will increase and begin cluttering even more Public places. It's unfortunate really that their bodies will end up blocking people's line of sight when trying to interact with NPCs. I very much doubt you really need allow horses in Taverns or the Guild Airships, other than the person riding them is too lazy to move on foot.

Everything is valuable under the right conditions. To a man dying of thirst, water be more precious than gold. To a drowning man, water be of little worth and great trouble.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunan View Post
    Yea, too many around here think other people's fun is dumb, and just want the game to be what they like, regardless of everyone else

My subjective opinion is more important than other's subjective opinion?

Is that really what this thread became already?

I would like to see mounts excluded from 'indoor' locations for obvious reasons - I imagine even if SSG wanted to do this, that it would be more effort than it was worth to code it.

As such, current implementation is probably what will stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightowl07 View Post
    Last night I was in the Blood on the Vine Inn and someone came in on a mount riding around.
    Was the rider's name Caligula by any chance?
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

Yes, your post was a prime example of that. Did you not see the irony?
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

Yes, your post was a prime example of that. Did you not see the irony?
    Actually it's not, trying to remove things others find fun because YOU think it is dumb is the example that is most salient. Play YOUR game, stop trying to take the fun out of other people's game
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    While it's not difficult to figure out, it's a mindless, stupid and eye-bleeding grind. It's not too hard to figure out that is not what this game needs right now. 2-3 million karma ok, there's some pain for your gain. But really, the EPL's are not worth the pain of 6 million XP in off destinies/sphere's.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality.

Please ignore this response. many of us think riding mounts inside taverns is dumb.
    please dont ignore any responses.
    main toons: Cerrsi(silly caster/xbow) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly melee)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

Actually it's not, trying to remove things others find fun because YOU think it is dumb is the example that is most salient. Play YOUR game, stop trying to take the fun out of other people's game
    So your answer is "no", you didn't see the irony in your first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    please dont ignore any responses.
    Yes, you get it. Thank you.
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    At this time it is intended that players may use mounts in all public areas and wilderness adventure areas. This includes taverns and spaces that are visually indoors. That is working as currently intended.
    That'll change - just like in other games where special people decide to be obnoxious with indoor mounts.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    That'll change - just like in other games where special people decide to be obnoxious with indoor mounts.
    Exactly. This will take care of itself. Inconsiderate people will ensure the eventual demise of indoor mounts. We just have to wait.
    Zanthiss - L30 Mechanic - Cannith
    Zamsil - L20 TWF VKF assassin

I've got a Dungeon Master's Guide... I've got 12 sided die...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    Was the rider's name Caligula by any chance?
    No idea. I didn’t get a chance to catch their name as they popped around real quick and then left before I could see. I just find their decision interesting to allow it considering in LOTRO you automatically get dismounted when you enter an indoor area. Just figured they would do the same in DDO.

Community Member

At this time it is intended that players may use mounts in all public areas and wilderness adventure areas.
    This includes taverns and spaces that are visually indoors.
    That is working as currently intended.
    /sigh

Another reason why I did not vote for DDO having Horses : (

At this time it is intended that players may use mounts in all public areas and wilderness adventure areas. This includes taverns and spaces that are visually indoors. That is working as currently intended.
    Bollocks.

that is all I see blocking my view as my head is inside a horse's rear.

Without being able to turn off seeing mounts, it has made the game ridiculous with my head showing up some horse's ass and I can't click to use the NPCs.

Yeah, fun for others to position themselves that way. I would lodge a complaint but in game support isn't around to just close out the ticket.
    Oh, that's easy. I didn't farm them. I just cheated. -Meghan
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    lol, I didnt give it a QA pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Helmet View Post
    Bollocks.

that is all I see blocking my view as my head is inside a horse's rear.

Without being able to turn off seeing mounts, it has made the game ridiculous with my head showing up some horse's ass and I can't click to use the NPCs.

Yeah, fun for others to position themselves that way. I would lodge a complaint but in game support isn't around to just close out the ticket.
    They disabled backspace and the U key?

2014 DDO Players Council

Why the long face?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    As a general rule we don't intend for a single spawn area to cause any dungeon alert, and certainly not red dungeon alert. This basically isn't ever a goal in our designs

Quote Originally Posted by MistaMagic View Post
    Personaly I think the store bought mount should be allowed in quests
    No, nope, nuh-uh.

Bad idea all the way around.

Please ignore this response, many of us do not mind and would like it to stay, because it is fun

Don't get me wrong, I want you to have lots of fun. But what kind of fun are we talking here if you feel limited, when we exclude mounts from some reasonable places?

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titusovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

This jewel came to mind, John Wayne in Horse Soldiers 1959:

Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titusovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast