Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Community Member ShifterThePirate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TitusOvid View Post
    You get a permanent horse with the bundle, right? Why do i need a bag for more horses that stack to 100.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    To collect all the exclusive cosmetic ones they will release in the future

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by CSQ View Post
    Oof. Saving ten hours of grind might be worth it. Of course, that depends on whether I'll run this every life, in which case I'll end up probably going through it enough to get one. Are both the tokens and horses BtC, or just the horses?
    Tokens are BtA, its just the horses that are BtC. So you can famr ingredients on one character and send it to another. Still slow AF grind though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo_Grubb View Post
    I mean they are cool and all but White Plume Mountain was way cheaper at 1495 and it had a universal tree, cosmetics and a pet
    Didn't you also get 5X 1,000 Sentient Exp stones with the WPM pack? At the very least they could have tossed some goodies like that in with the Keep pack. Voting "no" with my wallet. I would rather spend the points on an Astral Shard Sale and gold roll for a fast horse.
    Neurik of Argo.
    8 Ranger 8 Rogue 4 Arti Inquisitor Heroic TR build--> https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...eroic-TR-build

2995 for a full set of warduke cosmetics? Where is that "take my money" gif?

I have no issues with the price.
    Asheras - Velania - Renvar - Ventarya - Officer in Loreseekers and Officer of Lava Divers - Khyber

Default The Grab, The Mount, and The Mistake.

I'm not a fan of the way they did the mounts or the money-grab. Instead of making the mounts a TAB, like pets, they take a slot for the bag
    (which you have to buy), and a slot for the mount (can't use it IN the bag). So....TWO MORE inventory slots gone, and a bag that doesn't
    have any useful function at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Swimms View Post
    Didn't you also get 5X 1,000 Sentient Exp stones with the WPM pack? At the very least they could have tossed some goodies like that in with the Keep pack. Voting "no" with my wallet. I would rather spend the points on an Astral Shard Sale and gold roll for a fast horse.

exactly, if they had thrown in a few more things I probably would not have a problem with the price, or if the price had been lower, would have bought right away.
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    BoloGrubb / DJGrubb / Gijo
    Proud member of the HighLords of Malkier

Community Member

Yeah. I just took a look at it, too. It seems too high, and I usually buy the most expensive expansion packs. I think I will sit this one out. A bundle is supposed to offer some kind of discount--it is not supposed to be a tabulation of the retail price of each of the things in it with maybe a little extra money added on top.

Looking forward to the quests, though! And very excited about the QoL changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Komradkillingmachine View Post
    I'm voting with my wallet on this one.

No, thank you, SSG.
    I agree.
    The Shadow Sage of Nusemne

(LYCEUM OF SHADOW): "ONLY FOOLS CALL THE SHADOW EVIL"

I mean they are cool and all but White Plume Mountain was way cheaper at 1495 and it had a universal tree, cosmetics and a pet
    So while the price was a bit high i looked at it like this that every one of my toons gets a horse. i didn't have to do the stupid grind and sometimes i don't mind doing one. so i guess it matters to the people who just want it vs earning it.

cosmetics should be expensive; if everyone could afford them, nobody would want it because they would be too common.

Quote Originally Posted by Graskitch View Post
    cosmetics should be expensive; if everyone could afford them, nobody would want it because they would be too common.
    *rolling eyes*

Cosmetics should be about personal taste. Something either suits your fancy or your character or it doesn't. This isn't a real-world tangible luxury that has an over-the-top price tag to create a false scarcity (absurd for a digital item) or made from some limited or regulated material and it shouldn't be priced to indulge some twisted concept of virtual prestige.

That being said cosmetics should have price tags commensurate with the effort of their creation. I'm certain this was not thrown together in a few hours and it had to be made to fit every race as well. Not to mention I'm sure some dealings had to be made with WotC to okay it, possibly including a fee.

I think the price is too high for me, especially as Warduke doesn't fit the concept of any of my characters. But I also think the art work is very good so kudos to the artist and to the devs for pulling off this surprise.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

I want to start off by saying, Keep on the Borderlands is a blast! The eight quests were cool (IMO) , and I really like the slayer area! No more stupid notes to pick up. But slayers topping out at 1500 I'm not a fan of, and 3k points for some cosmetic stuff (which look really nice) is humorous. And it doesn't even include the quest pack. I personally wouldn't pay a third of that for what the bundle offers. The pack itself is great (minus the slayer cap), but with the cosmetic bundle.... well, SSG can do better.
    Proud guild gimp of Synergia! Adults only. Bring beer. Pants optional.
    Banginurz/Gimpinurz/Shagginurz/Spankinurz. Stay classy Argo.

People killing themselves over exp per minute and 1% speed increases will get this even for much more, i know my guild people will buy to save the hours per character to get the horse from rare farming, as well as for any extra movement speed really.

Actually smart business move..

I disagree. Fluff should be the most expensive thing this game offers. We can argue the quality of fluff, but we can't argue over price.
    Social Justice W...arlock (5e toon)
    OkarisRage, Artificer with 3 druid past lives = <3

I wasn't too enthusiastic about mounts, but I bought the bundle anyway. Now that I have it, I like horse run speed more than I thought I would. I feel really slow when I can't ride in quests now. I like the Warduke cosmetics also. I probably wouldn't go full on Warduke with the helmet on any characters, but I like other pieces. It matches the horse's outfit too. I'm sure doing all the art and animation for horses took some time and effort, along with the cosmetics. $30 didn't seem unreasonable to me.

Edit: Less than $30 really, unless you buy points at the worst possible price point when they aren't on sale. I still had quite a few points from doing reincarnations and the last double bonus sale. So I was kind of glad there was something new to buy even if it is cosmetics and fluff.
    Last edited by Isolani; 11-14-2019 at 06:28 AM.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post
    I disagree. Fluff should be the most expensive thing this game offers. We can argue the quality of fluff, but we can't argue over price.
    I'm pretty sure that we can argue over price. I mean, we're doing it now.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post
    We can absolutely argue over price. And make statements by not buying it for the ridiculous price they are asking for the bonus pack. If it had been even the same price as WPM bonus pack I would have bought it right away.

I farmed for 3-4 hours, and I now have 4 horses, one for each playable toon I have. Ya not buying the bonus pack.
    Last edited by Bolo_Grubb; 11-14-2019 at 11:18 AM.
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    BoloGrubb / DJGrubb / Gijo
    Proud member of the HighLords of Malkier

Bonus Items to complement the Keep on the Borderlands adventure pack including a full set of cosmetic equipment and a mount!
    A set of items to complement the Keep on the Borderlands Adventure Pack including the Borderlands Warrior cosmetic set (a helm, cloak, longsword, shield, and armor), the Steed of the Borderlands, and a Small Wondrous Mount Bag. All of the items will be delivered to each character on your account in a bundle. The Mount Bag can contain up to 6 unique types of mounts, stacking up to 100 of each type. The Bag is Bound to Character and The Cosmetics and Mount are all Bound to Account.
    So the mount is permanent? Lev 1-30?
    If you are knocked off just get back on?
    Any cool down or something?
    Cosmetics got any clickies?
    Sword shield got any glow or something?

Comparing:

Bonus Items to complement the White Plume Mountain adventure pack including the Falconry Universal Enhancement tree, cosmetic items, and Sentient XP!
    A set of items to complement the White Plume Mountain Adventure Pack including the Falconry Universal Enhancement tree, Cerulean Crown of Wave (Cosmetic Hat), Cerulean Crest of Wave (Cosmetic Armor), Cerulean Cloak of Wave (Cosmetic Cloak),Tiny Giant Crab Certificate (Cosmetic Pet), and 5 stones of 1000 Sentient XP. The Falconry Universal Enhancement tree is available for all characters on the account. The Cerulean Crown of Wave (Cosmetic Hat), Cerulean Crest of Wave (Cosmetic Armor), Cerulean Cloak of Wave (Cosmetic Cloak), and Tiny Giant Crab Certificate (Cosmetic Pet) are Bound to Account and are delivered to every character on the account. Sentient XP Stones are all delivered to the first character logged into after purchase and are Bound to Account.
    Borderland
    White plume

Enhancement tree
    X
    ?
    Cosmetic Hat
    ?
    ?
    Cosmetic Armor
    ?
    ?
    Cosmetic Cloak
    ?
    ?
    Cosmetic longsword
    ?
    X
    Cosmetic Shield
    ?
    X
    Pet
    X
    ?
    Steed
    ?
    X
    Bag
    ?
    X
    Sentient XP
    X
    ?
    Last edited by NemesisAlien; 11-14-2019 at 11:38 AM.

For the low price of 2995 and zero time farming I have a fast mount for all 45 of my alts.
    ( I'm sure I'll collect more mounts though. Especially if SSG go the LOTRO route in availability. )
    Originally Posted by grodon9999
    "I'm beginning to think a lot of people play this game because it's cheaper than paying for a Dominatrix."
    Disciplines Disciples - 54 Alts on Khyber and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    For the low price of 2995 and zero time farming I have a fast mount for all 45 of my alts.
    ( I'm sure I'll collect more mounts though. Especially if SSG go the LOTRO route in availability. )
    With 45 alts (holy cow Batman!) this bundle would obviously have more value to you because mount per each alt + bag for mounts per each alt and you already have the intention of filling the bag. I don't know if its worth it to me because A) I'm not as hyped for the cosmetics because they don't fit the concept I have for any of my characters (more on the goody-goody side), B) until I see more interesting mounts I can't see needing a bag yet, C) only 14 alts and I've been retiring a few as they cease to be fun to play.

My only darkside (sorry wrong universe) type character is my Cthulu warlock and she's wearing Night Revels Reaper armor set. These cosmetics seem to fit barbarian or maybe an eldritch knight, or possible some sorc variant. Maybe a fighter mercenary? I just don't have any characters for which this would be a fit.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast