Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Hardcore weekend extension plea

I am writing mostly for myself, but also on behalf of all the players that try hard to reach last few levels before the hardcore server closes. I know it probably belongs to hardcore server, but it has been quite some time any Devs posted there, so I am posting here to maybe catch someone’s eye (especially with KotB update on the way).

I know it was announced that the server will be open through November 15th. But that is Friday, and I do not think that would make that much of a difference on the dev side, but it would make a huge difference for us. I did not have much time to play there before the end of October and now I am close - please let me finish (or at least hope to do so...). Especially as we have a downtime now, and it is a big update - so we can probably expect some more soon due to needed hotfixes.
    So, please leave it open till the usual time the weekend bonuses stay on (early Monday morning Eastern).

Also, on a related note, can we please get any info on the exact server closing time? Preferably extended, but if not, at least let us know how long do we have. It was said on Wrap-Up FAQ that the more precise closing time will be posted closer to actual date. Yet, still there is none, two days (or so) before the closing. All the more reason to extend it a bit
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    8 pages in, that train has already sailed. The dead horse is canned into cat food by now.

Thumbs up

Keep it open til Monday? ...yes I approve of this message.
    Planescape City of Doors for DDO endgame. Even dying in certain places can create new adventures.

Community Manager

There is a meeting today to lock down some of the final questions about the formal end of the event, so we'll have more info to pass along soon.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

there is hope...

and a chance to bounce around Keep at the borderlands on the HC server for a while :-D
    Planescape City of Doors for DDO endgame. Even dying in certain places can create new adventures.

Community Member

Translation...

People are hoping to sneak up to the top of the Favor leaderboards with a couple new quest releases right at the buzzer

Community Manager

There is a part of me that feels there may be a large silent group who would not want the stated "through the 15th" end date to be changed?
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

that too.....lol

but I am no where near that so, just have fun farming a horse for me
    Last edited by fatherpirate; 11-13-2019 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    There is a part of me that feels there may be a large silent group who would not want the stated "through the 15th" end date to be changed?
    hmmm NOPE

Hardcore server fans are a lot of thing, silent is not one of them.

Those of us speaking up would prefer an extension through the weekend
    Lyghtki | Immortalyght | Eternalyght | Annihilyght of Omega Guard on Thelanis

KEEP IS LIVE !

game on

Community Member

Default No HC extension

Please do not extend the Hardcore event, Cordovan. The dates were set and it is a competition. There should be no changes once it begins.
    Ratyr, Champion of Hardcore reaper XP.
    Ratyr[x] and Rarius on Cannith and Leader of Coven of Heroes.

Community Member

Don't change it, we lost so many people from DDO due to hardcore. Not to switching to play there but that got left on old servers and stopped playing due to the population issues.

We need this to end so the healing can begin.

On ghallanda we can't even get people not afraid to run r10 toxic treatment right now, all of the good reaper players are gone
    Last edited by Vorachtin; 11-13-2019 at 11:55 AM.
    Triple All

Ghallanda forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahwaric View Post
    I am writing mostly for myself, but also on behalf of all the players that try hard to reach last few levels before the hardcore server closes.
    On a personal note, I feel your pain. Level 19 with two bubbles to go, what could possibly go wrong?

Community Member

On a personal note, I feel your pain. Level 19 with two bubbles to go, what could possibly go wrong?
    I hope you specifically get to experience the lag freeze death experience I got after dropping over a thousand bucks on hardcore. That's all i want for Christmas really ;/
    Triple All

Ghallanda forever.

Quote Originally Posted by rarothrock View Post
    Please do not extend the Hardcore event, Cordovan. The dates were set and it is a competition. There should be no changes once it begins.
    Hmmm, I never considered the competitive aspect of the event as I am not competing for any kind of recognition, just trying to grab a cosmetic, but I see your point. If it were possible to capture the "winners" of the event on the scheduled close date, but then allow for an extension through the weekend so others may play the new content and wrap up achievements for cosmetic rewards that would be great. However, if this can't be done, then in all fairness the hardcore server should be closed on schedule.
    Lyghtki | Immortalyght | Eternalyght | Annihilyght of Omega Guard on Thelanis

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

We lost some time in the middle of the season, so I wouldn't be irritated with getting to keep Hardcore until Monday morning.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

I don't think that's a good idea. Everyone knew how much time we had and in my opinion it was fair for everyone. I understand that not everyone achieved their goals, but hey, that's life. I also haven't achieved everything on servers because I have other things to do besides playing games.
    Khyber: Nimrud (caster), Healingonly (melee FvS), Almeya (trapper), Groggor (barb), Yayamee (monk), Tadko (paladin), Feneya (monkcher), Zornix and some others
    Hardcore: AveDarkLord (5k fav)

Community Member

Don't go in to Security Detail. Lost one guildie to a small lag burst just as a forgewraith used his flamethrower skill, lost another guildie looting the end chest while a forgewraith outside the office did a flamethrower through the glass windows. Both were level 19 (the former was less than 1 rank from 20).

The players I met on Hardcore were nothing but supportive - saying they hope we manage it and hoping that there will be enough time. Plus leaving stuff to help us get there faster. Well, the extension can even let us level 'Open Guild for All' beyond level 100, as a monument to all the cooperation that took place there (by the way, big THANK YOU to Fawngate, and all guildmates, and Devs for making it possible in the first place).
    And when it comes to the people that do not play on hardcore, is it really that much to let us have two more days?
    Last edited by Ahwaric; 11-13-2019 at 12:22 PM.
    8 pages in, that train has already sailed. The dead horse is canned into cat food by now.

Quote Originally Posted by krzyysiek098 View Post
    I don't think that's a good idea. Everyone knew how much time we had and in my opinion it was fair for everyone. I understand that not everyone achieved their goals, but hey, that's life. I also haven't achieved everything on servers because I have other things to do besides playing games.
    Well, we still do not know exactly how much time we got - there is not exact ending time, people are still wondering how many hours we will be able to play. And it is not as if we were asking for another month or even a week - just to let us play throught the weekend, finish some stuff that can be done over weekend (no one will go from let's say 3000 favor to 5000), say goodbye to friends from other servers...

EDIT: Regarding getting extra favor from the Keep, the new module is already on - enough time to do it before the end anyway, no matter when the end comes. If anything, it would be more fair to let it open with the Keep a bit more, to let people that only play over the weekends to compete.
    And regarding myself, I do not plan to play it on Hardcore. I will get my favor in time - if I get it at all (deaths happen...), going to 1750 only. So no hidden agenda. I just want a bit more time to play it more relaxed, and maybe get the lvl 20 cloak.

I do not think players that are competetive care much about the extension - they are mostly done anyway. But it matters for us, small favor 1750/ lvl 20 folk.
    Last edited by Ahwaric; 11-13-2019 at 01:05 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast