Community Member

Default over 20days and no response

i put in a ticket 20days ago

"i have opened two heroic otto boxs in the last 2 weeks both gave me xp stones that do not work and have a message saying they should not be in the game and should of disapered with update 15, when i have put a few ingame tickets about this and the only result is the in game support is threatening to take action against my account if i out in anther in game ticket, could you plz help me"
    it says that 6days ago there was activity so someone looked at it but did not do anything or leave a message

In game support is threatening to take action against your account instead of helping out or giving you a straight answer? Is it sad that my experience is telling me that that reaction could be possible?

Send Cordovan a direct message here on the forum. Maybe he got the time to forward this to the right people.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titusovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

What was the first response of the in-game ticket? Generally in-game tickets aren't able to resolve issues with items, and a different type of ticket needs to be sent through the SSG customer service website:
    https://help.standingstonegames.com/hc/

Did they instruct you to submit a ticket through the website instead of in-game?
    "Swords will cut you wide open!" - Trip Fisk

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcimerist View Post

Did they instruct you to submit a ticket through the website instead of in-game?

no they did not just told me they could not help, and if i put in another in game ticket abut it would take action against my account , and as of 5hrs ago they marked my ticket i put in through the website as solved with no response to it, they just closed it

Quote Originally Posted by mmcgoey22 View Post
    no they did not just told me they could not help, and if i put in another in game ticket abut it would take action against my account , and as of 5hrs ago they marked my ticket i put in through the website as solved with no response to it, they just closed it
    ya... like was stated before DM cordovan here on the forums OR if you can try and contact him during his weekly wesday stream for DDO NOON Eastern
    tepidus flamma of amicitia mos usquequaque persevero ustulo in nostrum pectus pectoris pro totus infinitio

Community Manager

Ultimately I think this will depend on where the boxes were purchased. It is still possible to find some of the old-old Otto's Stones on the auction houses, although they are no longer available through any existing official means. However, those XP stones continue to work as they were designed as far as I am aware. I am not sure whether CS would be willing to replace, say, an auction house purchased old old stone with a new Otto's Box, however, nor whether they should. That is ultimately not my call.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by mmcgoey22 View Post
    That seems weird. I've never known support anywhere to threaten to take action against an account for creating tickets (well, with the exception of someone spamming dozens of tickets for the same issue where I worked, but all we did was not extend the refund that isn't guaranteed but usually happened if you were nice to the support agent dealing with the ticket). Still, tickets put through the website are a different stream of support, and typically handle more of game bugs and content issues instead of in game character and item issues. Not sure why they wouldn't let you open another ticket in game, but I don't know the details so don't take my word for it.
    I primarily play Zunzyne Siegemaker, and am the guild master of Ares Macrotechnology on Ghallanda.
    Reaper Experience Calculator: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ewE/edit#gid=0 (out of date as of U42.4, needs testing for new values)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by CSQ View Post
    That seems weird. I've never known support anywhere to threaten to take action against an account for creating tickets (well, with the exception of someone spamming dozens of tickets for the same issue where I worked, but all we did was not extend the refund that isn't guaranteed but usually happened if you were nice to the support agent dealing with the ticket). Still, tickets put through the website are a different stream of support, and typically handle more of game bugs and content issues instead of in game character and item issues. Not sure why they wouldn't let you open another ticket in game, but I don't know the details so don't take my word for it.
    Then you haven't been paying much attention here for the past 5+ years.

Off the top of my head, multiple threads reporting this sort of behavior from the various victims of the TRing Ate All My Stuff bugs exist. Those were particularly damning of SSG's customer service as the in-game CS would close the ticket stating that they could not help you and you'd need to open a ticket with the out-of-game support. Out-of-game support would then promptly close those tickets with a note directing you to in-game support or to submit a bug request.

After a couple rounds of "the ticket closed, try the other group" loops, in-game CS would generally resort to threatening action against your account for further tickets.
    Last edited by LT218; 11-20-2019 at 04:43 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LT218 View Post

Off the top of my head, multiple threads reporting this sort of behavior from the various victims of the TRing Ate All My Stuff bugs exist. Those were particularly damning of SSG's customer service as the in-game CS would close the ticket stating that they could not help you and you'd need to open a ticket with the out-of-game support. Out-of-game support would then promptly close those tickets with a note directing you to in-game support or to submit a bug request.

After a couple rounds of "the ticket closed, try the other group" loops, in-game CS would generally resort to threatening action against your account for further tickets.
    Only ever seen that when people abused the system by putting in dozens of tickets at one time for the same issue, pretty sure those threats are a violation of consumer rights though, may need to find out what a lawyer thinks.
    Last edited by Darsch82; 11-21-2019 at 06:35 AM.

Community Member

Default My experience too

I've seen and experienced some good in-game support from SSG, but I've also experienced the statement below...and it makes me appalled and questioning. The two times I've submitted to Out of Game Support resulted in ZERO communications from them after weeks of waiting. How...Why...What????

Quote Originally Posted by LT218 View Post