Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Make a new resource that drops from Reapers, like Remnants do for Champions.

You can't make it based on an existing resource, because many people are already hoarding those - either the hoarders will get everything on Day 1, or they'll get some of it, but no other players ever will in a billion years.

1. It makes having bad luck from Reaper spawns feel less like bad luck.
    2. It rewards actually killing them instead of doing your best not to have to.

Make the newer Reapers that only appear in higher skulls drop more, so people feel rewarded for doing those.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilga1 View Post
    That's not true. I did countless r10 Memoirs since reaper come out... I have way more reaper points than Feel, and I never dropped a reaper stats helm. Sad

To be honest, I don't like this full random "jackpot loot" mechanic at all.

So, I agree with Feel.
    Please devs give us some terrific grind to get our desired reaper bonus on items
    Runes are an option.
    I would prefer something based on in game achievements: ie, complete "X" R10 quests and get a free 'reaper augment', where "X" can be thousand ofc.
    Agreed.
    Random is fine for regular play, but eventually after hundreds of runs there should be a light at the end of the tunnel.

Relying on pure randomness is just annoyingly frustrating.

Runes should have been the option from day 1.
    Base items drop in regular quests, Elite/reaper have the random chance along with runes to eventually purchase the upgrade.

Would have made a lot more sense.. then the grindy farm is at least a means to an end.

Slavers statuettes and busts was almost there, but still annoyingly frustrating.. since it still they only had a rare random chance of drop not repetition.
    should have been a rune turn in option to trade runes for statuettes./busts/whatever for that continuous upgrade instead moronic grinding for randomly generated bonus drops.

Runes could easily have been attributed to N/H/E difficulty and Reaper runes for Reaper difficulty..
    Last edited by JOTMON; 11-07-2019 at 06:03 PM.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 30/42 , RC 36/36 , IC 12/21 , EC 29/36 , RP 85/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/42 , RC 0/36 , IC 15/21 , EC 36/36 , RP 36/158..favor toon)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/42 , RC 19/36 , IC 15/21 , EC 19/36 , RP 63/158)

Quote Originally Posted by Feal View Post
    Yes, I'm here to complain, but also to bring ideas for solution.

Like every complaints, frustration is the fuel.
    I have tons of reaper xp (123, 78, 21, 21), and have done tons of r10s to never drop a reaper stat helm or a +7 melee/ranged/spell power weapon.

Today were talking with some friends that would be nice the possibility to earn the bonuses by the effort.

* What people think about something like reaper runes to upgrade items with reaper bonuses? *

I know and like the fortune factor in this game, but would be nice the possibility to gain something by the effort and not only luck (that can be never, for now has been never)

Also.. this is maybe something that can be monetize? xD

*Other ideas from community*

1 - Dragavon: In principle I agree, but I do not think we need reaper runes. Just let us buy mythic / reaper upgrade tokens for remnants.
    2 - Hephaestas: I'd much rather they just expand on the threads system tbh
    3 (really 1+2 lol) - Butchh: Threads for raids, remnants for quests
    I would hate to see it more monetized than it already is Feal. Most of the helms that people seek for the Reaper Bonus are already tucked behind a paywall, with the possible exception of the one in Memoirs. I think that pack was put out as FTP, but I could be wrong. We both enjoy the benefits of guilds and friends capable of running these quests and raids at the highest possible skull. They don't need to be even further unreachable by making them P2W.

Some things need to continue to be rare. That being said, I will confess to the possession of multiple reaper stat helms. The majority of these helms were gained from early/often runs of new content at R10. I will never be convinced that there is not a 'universal ransack' for all named loot. My first helm was pulled the second week after Reaper went live. At the risk of being branded a filthy hypocrite, I vote to keep them rare. It is always sooo exciting to see one drop, even when you don't personally need one.

-Feel
    HELTER SKELTER - GLAND

Quote Originally Posted by Fallout47 View Post
    I would hate to see it more monetized than it already is Feal. Most of the helms that people seek for the Reaper Bonus are already tucked behind a paywall, with the possible exception of the one in Memoirs. I think that pack was put out as FTP, but I could be wrong. We both enjoy the benefits of guilds and friends capable of running these quests and raids at the highest possible skull. They don't need to be even further unreachable by making them P2W.

Some things need to continue to be rare. That being said, I will confess to the possession of multiple reaper stat helms. The majority of these helms were gained from early/often runs of new content at R10. I will never be convinced that there is not a 'universal ransack' for all named loot. My first helm was pulled the second week after Reaper went live. At the risk of being branded a filthy hypocrite, I vote to keep them rare. It is always sooo exciting to see one drop, even when you don't personally need one.

-Feel
    I agree with this, with a small bump in reaper effect drop rates ( maybe 15-20% on the current %, which is still uber super rare) and maybe future endgame content designed like Memory Lapse, so each named item is a helmet of [insert synergistic bonus type]. Maybe not best in slot helmets, but for those that prefer hunting these, could have "on the scale" chance for getting one.

My casual-semiactive estimate is that a year I would have around 5500 opens of these chests. It seems like drop rates are worse by a factor of 2-4 the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Feal View Post
    * What people think about something like reaper runes to upgrade items with reaper bonuses? *

*Other ideas from community*

1 - Dragavon: In principle I agree, but I do not think we need reaper runes. Just let us buy mythic / reaper upgrade tokens for remnants.
    2 - Hephaestas: I'd much rather they just expand on the threads system tbh
    3 (really 1+2 lol) - Butchh: Threads for raids, remnants for quests
    Would like the reaper boni as a crafting system for sure.
    Even if it means I have to take out things that are somehow slotted into a weapon (or helmet I guess) before doing the upgrade.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chacka_DDO View Post
    I have already 3 helmets with a reaper bonus on it so I cannot really complain about having not enough luck...

I have 4 with ability bonus and 7-8 with others... Luck? No, just farming ASAH. 8)

Still need 3 more, lol, so +1 to TS.

Community Member

I met a new player with a reaper hat in r1 stk. He had zero reaper points. He just started playing.

I have 40 pts and zero reaper hats. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Xgya View Post
    Make a new resource that drops from Reapers, like Remnants do for Champions.

You can't make it based on an existing resource, because many people are already hoarding those - either the hoarders will get everything on Day 1, or they'll get some of it, but no other players ever will in a billion years.

1. It makes having bad luck from Reaper spawns feel less like bad luck.
    2. It rewards actually killing them instead of doing your best not to have to.

Make the newer Reapers that only appear in higher skulls drop more, so people feel rewarded for doing those.
    I like this idea!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by capsela View Post
    I met a new player with a reaper hat in r1 stk. He had zero reaper points. He just started playing.

I have 40 pts and zero reaper hats. :/
    Mhhhm ..incoming conspiracy theory conclusion.

...NEW CHARACTERS HAVE HIDDEN IMPROVED LUCK....
    This is how alts are balanced..

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfo View Post
    I have 4 with ability bonus and 7-8 with others... Luck? No, just farming ASAH. 8)

Still need 3 more, lol, so +1 to TS.
    Of course, it IS luck...

The OP said he did 123 reapers APs one his main and then 78 on another character and in addition he as two alts with 21reaper APs and he has still not a single helm with reaper boost.

I had much more luck than the OP and you have even a bit more luck than me...

I doubt you can claim that you have your main at 300 reaper APs and therefore it is no surprise that you have already 4 head items with reaper boost...
    And even if this is true it is still luck...

Of course, you think because you have already 4 helmets with ability boosts that you have rightfully "earned" them but this is simply objectively not right, you just only have more luck.

But now think about what you would think if you would still have not a single helm with reaper boots like the OP?
    How would you think then?

And this is the point of this thread, currently, ONLY luck decides how many helmets with the ability boost you get but you can have the opinion this is not right and not really a fair system.
    This luck-based system is just only easier to code than another system with a kind of reaper currency and the possibility to upgrade the helm you want with a reaper boost.
    "Act according to a maxim which can be adopted at the same time as a universal law."
    -Immanuel Kant-

"Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has."
    -René Descartes-

Community Member

I like the idea of having reaper bonus via reaper runs, but I'm worried how to get those runes... there will be a toxic way to farm them.
    Ghallanda Server
    Dragant, Spellaser, Arrcous
    Officer of DDO Korea Unlimited

Community Member

ty everyone for your ideas and suggestions, i appreciate, i hope the topic will reach the ears of a dev soon

Main topic is updated with your suggested solutions
    Feel
    Ghallanda
    Omnipresence

Bounty Hunter

I have 3 chararacters with reaper wings and nearly a 4th. In general I think the biggest problem with this game is rewards for grinding - especially reaper - are too high. Those rare drop carrots are what reaper rewards should be about not 1000 hp.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    I have 3 chararacters with reaper wings and nearly a 4th. In general I think the biggest problem with this game is rewards for grinding - especially reaper - are too high. Those rare drop carrots are what reaper rewards should be about not 1000 hp.
    I was against Reaper trees when they got released, but that boat has long since sailed.
    We're stuck with the trees, and the related grind.

With that in mind, we have this RNG issue of people having played Reaper for just as long not owning what both you and I consider an acceptable level of power creep to be brought along by the Reaper difficulty, leaving many people feeling grief.

How could we make the RNG differences less serious than they currently are without removing Reaper trees entirely?
    The only solution I can see that doesn't involve more grind would be increasing the rate of Reaper drops and thus reducing the rarity of such items.
    I'm not entirely against it, but would rather see some level of progress towards getting one, because a perfect solution would be to remove the RNG aspect entirely.

I personally don't like reapers at all.
    It was a quick and dirty 'hack' to make dungeons 'harder'.
    It was lazy. very lazy

Champions are another quick and dirty hack...not quite as bad as reapers.

If they wanted to stay on cannon to D+D they would have just
    substituted more powerful creatures instead of just artificially boosting lowbies.

reapers and champions need to be seriously replaced with something
    that is actually part of D+D.

Peace
    Planescape City of Doors for DDO endgame. Even dying in certain places can create new adventures.

Bounty Hunter

I was against Reaper trees when they got released, but that boat has long since sailed.
    We're stuck with the trees, and the related grind.

With that in mind, we have this RNG issue of people having played Reaper for just as long not owning what both you and I consider an acceptable level of power creep to be brought along by the Reaper difficulty, leaving many people feeling grief.

How could we make the RNG differences less serious than they currently are without removing Reaper trees entirely?
    The only solution I can see that doesn't involve more grind would be increasing the rate of Reaper drops and thus reducing the rarity of such items.
    I'm not entirely against it, but would rather see some level of progress towards getting one, because a perfect solution would be to remove the RNG aspect entirely.
    I have the opposite opinion and would like the items to remain extremely rare and remain minor from a power perspective. Would like to see equally rare reaper only cosmetic drops so the items aren’t attainable by everyone.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    I have the opposite opinion and would like the items to remain extremely rare and remain minor from a power perspective. Would like to see equally rare reaper only cosmetic drops so the items aren’t attainable by everyone.
    Now how do you keep them extremely rare without involving RNG and appropriate griefing? Because that's the issue being raised here, not the rarity of the items, but that luck is too involved in the process.

Bounty Hunter

Now how do you keep them extremely rare without involving RNG and appropriate griefing? Because that's the issue being raised here, not the rarity of the items, but that luck is too involved in the process.
    We just have different viewpoints. I don't see this as a problem at all but rather a good thing as long as it's not an overpowered item. I would like to see more chase items not less, just as long as they aren't adding too much power.

Community Member

I am thinking Reaper runes cost your rxp. For example, +3 melee/ranged/spell power will codt 300k of your rxp, while +2 stats to a helm will cost 1000k rxp.
    Ghallanda Server
    Dragant, Spellaser, Arrcous
    Officer of DDO Korea Unlimited

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Targal View Post
    I am thinking Reaper runes cost your rxp. For example, +3 melee/ranged/spell power will codt 300k of your rxp, while +2 stats to a helm will cost 1000k rxp.
    I like it in theory, but I know how many people cheesed/exploited their RXP and I dont like that they would be rewarded for that

But thats a general problem for any system now I guess

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast