Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    "Find and confront their leader" is supposed to trigger when the high priest gets low on health and tries to run away from the fight. Did you one-shot him? There's a known issue that's been fixed on the dev build, but not on Lamannia.

If you don't mind, tell us what happened with him in the secret chambers in your case? There might be something else going on with the script.
    For my run, I was fighting him in the ... theater looking room where the crests are placed. He reached about 35% health and ran off into his chambers, and the quest completed giving me that find update. I then wondered what had happened, could not find him, and could loot. I assumed he escaped but I missed a script, as his secret exit tunnel towards the main entrance was open.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DYWYPI View Post
    To be honest Dungeon Designers; I'd rather you didn't need to acquire those three objects for 'Total Chaos' because it clutters the Inventory even more with items.
    I agree, although you can obviously delete them. The real problem is that every time you die, any of those crests fall on the floor, and you have to collect them again. It's possible to miss that some item from another quest got dropped on the floor and not picked up. I see no reason these need to drop to the floor on death, just have every player get their own copy on first groupmember pickup, and that's that. Like a bunch of other quests.

Question My Main Toon

My main toon on Thelanis Sleepasota doesn't show up on the transfer list.. He is level 20 Fvs with 5 epic levels.. Is this a bug or because he has epic levels??

Quote Originally Posted by Crazeyred View Post
    My main toon on Thelanis Sleepasota doesn't show up on the transfer list.. He is level 20 Fvs with 5 epic levels.. Is this a bug or because he has epic levels??
    Is he a guild leader? Guild leaders can't transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    Is he a guild leader? Guild leaders can't transfer.
    Ahh okay LoL

Community Member QueenOfTheHook's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crazeyred View Post
    Ahh okay LoL
    Easiest solution is to promote one of your alts for a few minutes and transfer the main to Lam before giving him leader back.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by QueenOfTheHook View Post
    Easiest solution is to promote one of your alts for a few minutes and transfer the main to Lam before giving him leader back.
    Yeps just did that Thanks for all your help..

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    They currently can be. We have not yet determined whether we want to leave that as is or to remove Reaper Access from the Heroic versions of these quests. What would you prefer?
    Another vote to keep reaper for heroic.

Bit of an issue in the final quest. If you play your cards right, you’ll have multiple friendly NPCs following you through the quest. This makes the light-up floor puzzle near the end nearly impossible, as they will constantly run all over it, and they can’t be interacted with to be told to stand ground
    Orien: ][Vladtepes][Gelatinous][Lelitha]

Also, the bell is rather hard to interact with. I kept trying to click the rope to no avail, and couldn’t target it. Turns out you have to aim up at the ceiling, hard target it, and then interact once standing directly under
    Orien: ][Vladtepes][Gelatinous][Lelitha]

ran through the whole chain and only noticed a few small problems

if you dont pick a chain reward the first time the reward window comes up it wont come up again
    Trom Hillcrest has the dialogue: repeat the quest "DNT Minotaur."
    Varka Goldring has the dialogue: repeat the quest "DNT Bugbear"
    Wrolth Acton has the dialogue: repeat the quest "DNT Kobold"
    the gate surrounding the optional chet in violent delights can be ignored, opening the chest anyway
    the gate surrounding the optional chet in violent delights resets and pops back up after a short time
    explorer area is very large with very few enemies in very small packs
    there is a collectable under the ground at /loc (Standard): You are on server 15 at r3 lx436 ly1683 i8 ox95.33 oy71.16 oz246.45 h49.2. Game timestamp 127538.735.
    there is a collectable under the ground at /loc (Standard): You are on server 15 at r3 lx436 ly1616 i8 ox99.77 oy12.14 oz246.23 h115.3. Game timestamp 128072.303.
    there is a collectable under the ground at /loc (Standard): You are on server 15 at r3 lx380 ly1625 i8 ox97.52 oy30.59 oz246.39 h277.0. Game timestamp 128858.007.
    you can fall through the wooden floor around the epic trainer at the keep
    you can fall through the wooden floor at the abandoned hunters lodge /loc (Standard): You are on server 15 at r3 lx423 ly1619 i8 ox154.25 oy62.75 oz279.82 h85.8. Game timestamp 128275.607.
    you can fall through the wooden floor at the watermill /loc (Standard): You are on server 15 at r3 lx395 ly1619 i8 ox74.42 oy78.26 oz251.53 h40.8. Game timestamp 128664.186.
    Elemo IronCast - Patorikku Yama - Happyfruit Wardancer - Toysoldier - Wookiee ~Ghallanda~

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    They currently can be. We have not yet determined whether we want to leave that as is or to remove Reaper Access from the Heroic versions of these quests. What would you prefer?
    I would prefer an option to complete on reaper, options are good, right?
    Lyghtki | Immortalyght | Eternalyght | Annihilyght of Omega Guard on Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by Tist View Post
    So DON'T CLICK REAPER! no-one is gonna remove elite and force you to run reaper.

What class do you play? Let's remove that, cos I don't play it. I know some people might, but I don't.
    What weapon do you like to use? Let's remove those, there's plenty of others and I decree you must use only weapons I choose.

What on earth are people thinking?! Why would you want to force some arbitary wierd limit on other people?

This ^^
    Lyghtki | Immortalyght | Eternalyght | Annihilyght of Omega Guard on Thelanis

I have ran through the chain now several times trying to get a feel for the quests. Heroic scaling for difficulty feels spot on, but I really hope the xp pass will hit them still. With my Master's Gift on and a Greater Tome of Learning while running on reaper, I'm just around the 2k mark (some more some less). Optionals range from 50ish to 90ish xp which I won't even stop to do when this goes live if they stay at that amount. Remember that this area is geared to multi life toons and we need more xp than this to be worth the time (or make it Coin Lord favor). As of right now I can run two extra Kobbie's New Ringleader and make the same amount of XP in 2 minutes as I have in the first 4 quests combined.

I only ran a couple of them on Epic last night and those did seem to have been scaled better for XP since last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabima View Post
    Bit of an issue in the final quest. If you play your cards right, you’ll have multiple friendly NPCs following you through the quest. This makes the light-up floor puzzle near the end nearly impossible, as they will constantly run all over it, and they can’t be interacted with to be told to stand ground
    Fixing this, giving them dialog options to let you tell them when you need them to stop following you.

Community Member

Ran through the quests twice - once on a new heroic and once at 21.

Overall impressions were good

The combination of the mounts and brighter landscape make the wilderness feel new and fresh - almost like a different game.

I had difficulty finding out how to get to the keep and how to get back. To get there I ended up running from Korthos to the Dojo and using the new quest guy. While in the Dojo at level 1 I picked up a mount.
    After wondering around the keep lost - I finally found the return portal after becoming a little frustrated. The return portal is not marked on the map.

I ran the quests on heroic in order - talking to the arc giver between each one to get the full story line. The first time or two I ran out to the caves was fun - by the 8th time I was finding it very redundant. If I had not picked up the mount in the Dojo I would have given up on returning to the keep after each quest and just picket them all up at once. I did not get a feel for how difficult it would be to collect the turn ins for a mount but I can not imagine it being fun to have to actually run out 8 times in a row.

I really liked the quest variety and story lines. I think they will make a good level 1 area.

I will vote to keep Reaper available for the heroic quests for those that want it. The difficulty seemed fine on heroic but the mob density did seem a little high in a few places - particularly where the alert mechanism pulled multiple groups at once. The only problems I had with mobs were with the goblins guarding the door with the note on it in "Caged Beast" - they would not activate. I literally danced right next to them and nothing. I left the area and returned and they finally activated when I was right next to the them and attacked them. Not sure what trigger they need to become active or why they need a trigger at all - seems like they should be attackable as soon as you see them.

For epic, the difficulty seemed a little easy now. I ran them epic last preview and it was way out of wack. Now the mobs have plenty of hit points (kill time feels about right) but don't seem to do as much damage/hit as hard as mobs in other level 21 quests.

I really like the new stat tab. A couple of comments on this.
    - It would be really nice to see Assassinate bonus on it. I'm running a wisdom based (non-rouge) falcon build right now and can not figure out how to see what Assassinate helps the bird attacks. Descriptions are also unclear on this - for example the Shadow Dancer Stealthy includes "+[2/4/6] to Assassinate DC (if you have Assassinate)" Do I have to have rouge Assassinate to get the +6 to Assassinate for the bird attacks?

- I think including concealment/incorp in the effective HP calculation is misleading. It is not uncommon for mobs to bypass these so including them now makes the effective HP number be mob specific. Likewise if you are going to include avoidance in the calculation - you should really include AC. The problem with this that as I understand it, AC miss chance is specific to CR of attacking mob so difficult to estimate. Going further down the avoidance rabbit hole, you also need to factor in deflect arrows, feats like Elusive Target, and even evasion. I guess I just don't see how including avoidance in effective HP will be a meaningful number across a variety of opponents. Consider all other things equal - who will survive longer against a mob with true seeing? a build with 50 AC and displacement or a build with 500 AC? It also seems to be effective hitpoints against physical damage as it does not seem to take into account MRR or shield MRR bonuses. I like the concept of effective HP relative to actual HP + PRR, I just don't see how you make it a useful number past physical damage taken (HP/PRR) given how many variables are involved.

Community Member

Default Your easy button

Quote Originally Posted by Tist View Post
    So DON'T CLICK REAPER! no-one is gonna remove elite and force you to run reaper.

What class do you play? Let's remove that, cos I don't play it. I know some people might, but I don't.
    What weapon do you like to use? Let's remove those, there's plenty of others and I decree you must use only weapons I choose.

What on earth are people thinking?! Why would you want to force some arbitary wierd limit on other people?
    Fully understand your point! I mean, we all need an extra 100hps at lvl 1 and gobs of extra damage correct?! How selfish of me to think reaper at level 1 is just overkill right!? Here I was thinking there decision to not add reaper to korthos was just for this overkill. I guess not! I can only surmise now that they are just forgetful and forgot to add it!! Silly me. As someone else already said, this new expansion is for the elitists, right?
    In ending, all snide remarks aside, reaper should not be added to these quests. All that will do is split the lfms even more than they already are. Do I have to click reaper? No, but I and all others who are use to seeing that r1 in LFMs already know this. I have my reaper experience on one of my toons and honestly when I tr him I wont play reaper on the starting quests BECASUE its silly op. I can only assume your one of those that need an easy button. Are you also yelling for nerfs to inquisitive? Because that would just be hypocrisy.....!!!

Quote Originally Posted by iPuffinstuff View Post
    Fully understand your point! I mean, we all need an extra 100hps at lvl 1 and gobs of extra damage correct?! How selfish of me to think reaper at level 1 is just overkill right!? Here I was thinking there decision to not add reaper to korthos was just for this overkill. I guess not! I can only surmise now that they are just forgetful and forgot to add it!! Silly me. As someone else already said, this new expansion is for the elitists, right?
    In ending, all snide remarks aside, reaper should not be added to these quests. All that will do is split the lfms even more than they already are. Do I have to click reaper? No, but I and all others who are use to seeing that r1 in LFMs already know this. I have my reaper experience on one of my toons and honestly when I tr him I wont play reaper on the starting quests BECASUE its silly op. I can only assume your one of those that need an easy button. Are you also yelling for nerfs to inquisitive? Because that would just be hypocrisy.....!!!
    You are aware that we can't actually spend reaper points to use until level 4, right? That means Borderlands will be without reaper tree benefits. Oh and they nerfed reaper tree benefits down to 50 hp no matter how many you put in for both level 4 and 5.

Community Member

Fully understand your point! I mean, we all need an extra 100hps at lvl 1 and gobs of extra damage correct?! How selfish of me to think reaper at level 1 is just overkill right!?
    If you read the thread, or my post history, you will see I posted about going back and running the quests on a toon with no specific gear and 2 past life through the whole chain on reaper. Also as pointed out in the post above mine, you can't apply reaper points until level 4, so it doesn't matter that this 2nd toon has no reaper points anyhow. I did this run, as also my TR'd main toon run, solo, using the hire healer only. I also made a brand new toon to see what the whole experience would be like, including how the transport from korthos happens, and so on. How many toons did you do testing on? How much variation of actual difficulty by using wildly different toons?

Here I was thinking there decision to not add reaper to korthos was just for this overkill. I guess not! I can only surmise now that they are just forgetful and forgot to add it!! Silly me. As someone else already said, this new expansion is for the elitists, right?
    I thought a lot about why this pack might or might not have reaper enabled. I think in the end it comes down to concern for the new player experience - if a brand new player somehow manages to end up playing their first quest at reaper difficulty, and then they wipe to reapers, they will not enjoy the experience and may not play the game - you may lose a potential customer.
    I think what really should happen is that reaper difficulty needs an introduction to stop people accidentally using reaper mode, and having that bad experience, whether they are level 1 in korthos or level 2 in harbor. This should have been addressed when reaper was added to the game, instead of just disabling reaper for korthos to stop accidental turn-aways. I think there needs to be a "lock out" on all reaper content, that resets each TR, and you cannot access any reaper content until you talk to the "Reaper Instructor" who warns you this content is unforgiving and expect to die and so on. Talk to that person, and get reaper unlock flag for this life, and then access reaper with the same restrictions as usual (must have elite access somehow).
    Then enable reaper for all content that doesn't have some bug/technical reason to not turn it on. eg. 1 or 2 korthos quests have so much hand holding, maybe they shouldn't have reaper but all other should. The Borderlands don't have any handholding, I ran all the quests on reaper myself - yes, reapers are HARD to kill on a new toon with no gear, but I got out my new horse, cowboyed up and got on with the challenge. I also knew if I didn't want to have that challenge, the existing 3 levels of difficulty were there for me to fall back, or step down, on.

Edit : The rest of your post is basically an "I don't like reaper lfm split" issue, and that's a whole issue that isn't what this thread is about (new content KotB). You clearly have an anti-reaper reaper-causes-grouping-issues concern, but that argument "lost" when SSG implemented reaper and left it alone as is, anyhow. KotB being reaper or not won't change the LFG split issues, or population issues, or heroic/epic split issues. Anyone that wants to run reaper will list it at level 2 anyhow, and you just stopped people that want to play KotB reaper from doing so, and pushed off the "lfg problem" by all of 1 level. There's just no point, and this isn't the concern - SSG aren't asking you "should level 1 be reaper enabled" because of this - why would anyone want to say "yes lfg at 1 but not at 2!", it's because of really new player issues like I posted.
    Last edited by Tist; 11-08-2019 at 09:46 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast