Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 73 of 73
  1. #61
    Guardian
    Hero
    Crown Clown
    Gabrael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Throwing more spaghetti onto a big pile of spaghetti already on fire won't really help the "there's too much spaghetti" problem :P I appreciate the enthusiasm, though
    well, there are doors a ranged attack work on... or at the very least one in Khortos. but I suspect that unique door is sort of like a breakable. since ya can only break it, not open it
    I come from the west. Through countries, peoples, and cities - to this place: STORMREACH.
    My duty: Guardian. To mend and defend. To defend my newfound friends, their hopes, and dreams. To defend them from their enemies.

  2. #62
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QueenOfTheHook View Post
    I know this is probably an unpopular opinion, but I'd have preferred all the gear for the epic level to be level 20 instead of 21. As of right now, if I do an ETR I will still have to fish out my lower level gear, most likely Sharn gear, to put on for a total of 1 level. Odds are if I have to go through that much effort to find gear I can wear as soon as I ETR, the level 21 stuff would have to be leaps and bounds better then Sharn to get me to then go back and find all that gear. It would be nice to be able to ETR and just grab all my Borderlands gear and roll through epics. TY for adjusting the weapons to be 20 as that is a nice level to slap on a sentient weapon to carry you until end game.
    You have sharn? Those 2 sagas will get you to level 21 after an ETR. Also if the ES 3 chain is difficult for you at level 30 perhaps this game is not for you.

  3. #63
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    46

    Default

    ��
    Last edited by AstorPotamus; 11-09-2019 at 08:26 AM.

  4. #64
    Community Member QueenOfTheHook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blah2 View Post
    You have sharn? Those 2 sagas will get you to level 21 after an ETR. Also if the ES 3 chain is difficult for you at level 30 perhaps this game is not for you.
    The quests are easy. Navigating that blasted wilderness zone is the annoying part.

  5. #65
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    425

    Default

    If it is not too late, can I add another please to have the lvl21 weapons as this will make epic levelling easier; unless of course you are planning on a lvl25/26 pack in the near future. The Sharn weapons will still be viable in lvl20.

  6. #66
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    40

    Default Not much longer...

    First things first: I do like the new epic Items, they are nice for the most part, and at least work as a good extension to the sharn sets etc. while on the ETR Train. (I dont really care for the lvl 1 ones, since i usually just skip lvl 1,2 and maybe 3 with saved up daylie rolle exp stones)

    One issue remains tho, as others and I have already mentioned: The Items are entirely missing the Doublestrike and Doubleshot Enhancements. That is a pure missing 6%/11% dps compared to other itemsets. Maybe consider switching the Bracers for Ranged and put in Bracers for Melee? Something like:

    Wrists Slot

    Fiendblood Bracers Wrists Slot
    Minimum Level: 21
    • Ranged Alacrity +15
    • Doubleshot +6
    • Tendon Slice +8
    • Shrieking Bolt This item resonates with sonic energy. On ranged attacks, on an attack roll of 20 which is confirmed as a critical hit, it will punish the target with a blast of sound (10 to 60 sonic damage). A successful Fortitude save (DC22) reduces this damage by half.
    • Empty Yellow Augment Slot


    Dragonblood Bracers Wrists Slot
    Minimum Level: 21
    • Melee Alacrity +15
    • Doublestrike +11
    • Medium Action Boost Enhancement This will increase the total number of action boosts you can use by 2. However, these additional action boosts will only take effect after the wielder rests.
    • Shrieking Edge This item resonates with sonic energy. On melee attacks, on an attack roll of 20 which is confirmed as a critical hit, it will punish the target with a blast of sound (10 to 60 sonic damage). A successful Fortitude save (DC22) reduces this damage by half.
    • Empty Yellow Augment Slot

    I think the Alacrity Enhancements are better than the marksmanship or an melee equivalent, since it may double with other items and therefore is not very powerfull while it gives some equipment rotation options.

    The Deception and improved Deception on the other hand is bound to double and therefore is kind of a waste in an enchantment slot. There are just too many items around with those enchantments (e. g. Ring of the Stalker, Epic Golden Guile, Brawling Gloves, Backstabbing Gloves, Ring of Lies, Celestial Sapphire Ring etc.). Furthermore, its an enchantment many classes use, not just ranged, so if its implemented it might be better off on a more general item (e. g. Goggles with Deception and maybe Dodge Enchantments, Goggles, since it whould be a new slot for it) instead of a ranged themed bracers.

    The Tendon Slice / Medium Action Boost Enhancement are just two convenient enchantments, that fit the item theme nicely and round them up a little.

    TYVM for the great Work
    Last edited by Elearim; 11-10-2019 at 06:44 AM.

  7. #67
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    448

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elearim View Post
    First things first: I do like the new epic Items, they are nice for the most part, and at least work as a good extension to the sharn sets etc. while on the ETR Train. (I dont really care for the lvl 1 ones, since i usually just skip lvl 1,2 and maybe 3 with saved up daylie rolle exp stones)

    One issue remains tho, as others and I have already mentioned: The Items are entirely missing the Doublestrike and Doubleshot Enhancements. That is a pure missing 6%/11% dps compared to other itemsets. Maybe consider switching the Bracers for Ranged and put in Bracers for Melee? Something like:

    Wrists Slot

    Fiendblood Bracers Wrists Slot
    Minimum Level: 21
    • Ranged Alacrity +15
    • Doubleshot +6
    • Tendon Slice +8
    • Shrieking Bolt This item resonates with sonic energy. On ranged attacks, on an attack roll of 20 which is confirmed as a critical hit, it will punish the target with a blast of sound (10 to 60 sonic damage). A successful Fortitude save (DC22) reduces this damage by half.
    • Empty Yellow Augment Slot


    Dragonblood Bracers Wrists Slot
    Minimum Level: 21
    • Melee Alacrity +15
    • Doublestrike +11
    • Medium Action Boost Enhancement This will increase the total number of action boosts you can use by 2. However, these additional action boosts will only take effect after the wielder rests.
    • Shrieking Edge This item resonates with sonic energy. On melee attacks, on an attack roll of 20 which is confirmed as a critical hit, it will punish the target with a blast of sound (10 to 60 sonic damage). A successful Fortitude save (DC22) reduces this damage by half.
    • Empty Yellow Augment Slot

    I think the Alacrity Enhancements are better than the marksmanship or an melee equivalent, since it may double with other items and therefore is not very powerfull while it gives some equipment rotation options.

    The Deception and improved Deception on the other hand is bound to double and therefore is kind of a waste in an enchantment slot. There are just too many items around with those enchantments (e. g. Ring of the Stalker, Epic Golden Guile, Brawling Gloves, Backstabbing Gloves, Ring of Lies, Celestial Sapphire Ring etc.). Furthermore, its an enchantment many classes use, not just ranged, so if its implemented it might be better off on a more general item (e. g. Goggles with Deception and maybe Dodge Enchantments, Goggles, since it whould be a new slot for it) instead of a ranged themed bracers.

    The Tendon Slice / Medium Action Boost Enhancement are just two convenient enchantments, that fit the item theme nicely and round them up a little.

    TYVM for the great Work
    agreed not everyone is a ranged rogue sneak attacking, most aren't

    Fiendblood Bracers Wrists Slot
    Minimum Level: 21
    Armor piercing +whatever
    Doubleshot +6
    Tendon Slice +8
    Empty Yellow Augment Slot


    Dragonblood Bracers Wrists Slot
    Minimum Level: 21
    Armor Piercing +whatever
    Doublestrike +11
    Medium Action Boost Enhancement This will increase the total number of action boosts you can use by 2. However, these additional action boosts will only take effect after the wielder rests.

    Empty Yellow Augment Slot

    That shrieking stuff is better left on lvl5 charged gauntlets.

  8. #68
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    470

    Default

    Dear developers...

    i have a suggestion about the trinket slot:

    can you add a trinket item similar to this item but with evocation/enchantment ?

    Cursed Mirror Trinket Slot
    Minimum Level: 21
    Illusion Focus +4
    Necromancy Focus +4
    Insightful Spell Penetration +2
    Quality Spell Penetration +1
    Empty Yellow Augment Slot

  9. #69
    Staggering LightBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Letters of Lingo
    Posts
    3,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    I just want ranged attacks to interact with breakable/burnable shared door scripts. Ugh. That's been on my hitlist for like 3 years now. I hate having to punch doors when playing a ranged build. Even typing this reply out is making me frustrated.
    If you ever are, make sure the animation is different. Exploding big beams of wood just seems kinda silly to be happening from an arrow.

  10. #70
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    If you ever are, make sure the animation is different. Exploding big beams of wood just seems kinda silly to be happening from an arrow.
    If I can tolerate tombs made out of granite to explode from my 6 strength level 1 halfling Wizard, those very same exploding in a similar fashion from crossbow bolts, I can tolerate doors responding to arrows the same way they do melee weapons, no problem there.

    I mean, it DOES break immersion, but that's a very, very small sacrifice to pay to get rid of that annoyance.

  11. #71
    Staggering LightBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Letters of Lingo
    Posts
    3,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xgya View Post
    If I can tolerate tombs made out of granite to explode from my 6 strength level 1 halfling Wizard, those very same exploding in a similar fashion from crossbow bolts, I can tolerate doors responding to arrows the same way they do melee weapons, no problem there.

    I mean, it DOES break immersion, but that's a very, very small sacrifice to pay to get rid of that annoyance.
    Besides the material properties of a tree vs something of stone and how and arrow would penetrate those, if any...
    And yes, I do find it annoying to have to switch weapons but at the same time I think it is a nice anti pattern.

    Well, those big wooden doors do tend to have a str check.

    I guess all those tombs are made out of a egg shell porcelain and not out of a thick slice of granite?

    Anyway, I agree I'm over asking here.

  12. #72
    Community Member John3000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SerPounce View Post
    Agreed, 21 with 21 scaling would be better than 20 with 20 scaling. ML20 with 21 scaling would seem like the logical way of making a named item due to how short lvl 20 is as a convenience thing. But as above, I guess that kind of flexibility with named item effect scaling isn't going to happen.
    Well, they could simply add a "Masterful Craftsmanship" property to the ML20 items to compensate the 1 level scale difference.... that should do the trick.

    While they are at it it'd be nice if you had a rare chance at getting the item with a "Wondrous Craftsmanship" instead of "masterful".


    cheers
    Last edited by John3000; 11-11-2019 at 07:24 AM.

  13. #73
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John3000 View Post
    Well, they could simply add a "Masterful Craftsmanship" property to the ML20 items to compensate the 1 level scale difference....
    cheers
    this is a nice idea, so everyone is happy :P

    edit:
    also what about adding masterful craftmanship to the heroic weapons too ?

    you could add 2d6 damage, and for the caster weapon you could raise spellpower a notch

    Sworn Silver (Weapon Type) Weapons (One of every weapon type)
    Minimum Level: 2
    Damage: [Normal W for Weapon Type]
    +1 Enhancement Bonus
    Silver, Alchemical
    Empty Red Augment Slot

    Ethereal (Weapon Type) Weapons (One of every weapon type)
    Minimum Level: 2
    Damage: [Normal W for Weapon Type]
    +1 Enhancement Bonus
    Ghost Touch
    Empty Red Augment Slot

    Sceptre of (SpellPower Type) Weapons (One of every Spellpower Type)
    Minimum Level: 2
    Damage: [1d6]
    +1 Enhancement Bonus
    Spellcasting Implement +2
    (Spell Lore Type) +6%
    (Spellpower Type) +43
    Empty Red Augment Slot
    Last edited by nayozz; 11-11-2019 at 08:38 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload