Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    No I understood your point fine. You can't be bothered to set aside gear for your ETR(s) or retrieve it from wherever so the loot from this pack should be less worthwhile to those of us who do just so you can immediately equip this upon ETR. You do realize in future ETRs you will still have to retrieve this loot from wherever you currently keep the gear you have been wearing at 20? Before sharn equipment existed, I had crafted some generic sets for my characters. The breaking points were 15/16 and 21. There simply isn't a reason to wear something scaled to level 20, even before Sharn gear existed.
    there’s a super good reason to swing an ml 20 weapon.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    there’s a super good reason to swing an ml 20 weapon.
    perhaps. Although I was responding to a poster that wants ALL the KotB gear changed to ml 20 not just the weapons. Personally, I could wait till 21 to invest the sentient XP in a slightly better scaled ml 21 weapon rather than 20 but I accept that's not the case for everyone. I do not accept that ALL the gear should be scaled to level 20 because someone doesn't want to use their Sharn gear or crafted gear for one (more) level.

https://ddowiki.com/page/Cannith_Crafting/table_3b

Examples:
    Ability scores +1
    Dodge +1
    Seeker +1
    Nat AC +1
    Assassinate +1 & Ins. Assassinate +1
    Fortification + Ins. Fort +7% total

The level 20 weapons already lost 1d6 dmg proc, 1d10 bane, spellpower and 1% lore.

If all the gear is made 20, I will probably end up just using my already made crafted gear instead. Not much point in level 20 named stuff with Sharn item set bonuses making them more than good enough to last till 21.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    No I understood your point fine. You can't be bothered to set aside gear for your ETR(s) or retrieve it from wherever so the loot from this pack should be less worthwhile to those of us who do just so you can immediately equip this upon ETR. You do realize in future ETRs you will still have to retrieve this loot from wherever you currently keep the gear you have been wearing at 20? Before sharn equipment existed, I had crafted some generic sets for my characters. The breaking points were 15/16 and 21. There simply isn't a reason to wear something scaled to level 20, even before Sharn gear existed.
    I wasn't aware of the scaling differences between 20 and 21. Many people token farm at 20 and never even reach 21. So blame tokens, not me.

Plus we now get very little xp on devil assault.
    Last edited by capsela; 11-07-2019 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    On one way, yeah, those are most pleasant rune arms. On the other hand, if I sort the rune arm list by level, there already are several fire rune arms at low level. Maybe Acid instead?
    https://ddowiki.com/page/Category:Rune_Arms
    The first runearm that breaks breakables is level 5. I don't care about the actual element, it could fire cows for all I care I just want it to break breakables in an good area.
    Social Justice W...arlock (5e toon)
    OkarisRage, Artificer with 3 druid past lives = <3

Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post
    The first runearm that breaks breakables is level 5. I don't care about the actual element, it could fire cows for all I care I just want it to break breakables in an good area.
    Wait what?

Moooooo

Quote Originally Posted by LightBear View Post
    Wait what?

Moooooo
    ROFLMAO, spit coffee everywhere...thanks for that!
    Lyghtki | Immortalyght | Eternalyght | Annihilyght of Omega Guard on Thelanis

Since there's been both a suggestion for the fireball/cannon shot style for breaking breakables and mention of an acid runearm, perhaps we could get an acid blast runearm? Bonus Points if it could actually be an acid version of the Exploding Cannon Shot. IE: Acid and Blunt damage on the spell and imbue.

Additionally, while I'm not sure of what you could put on the heroic version, it would be nice to see a stoneskin proc on the epic version as we could use a new level 21 runearm as well.
    Last edited by Shedrakzo; 11-07-2019 at 06:17 PM.

Community Member

- posted in wrong thread - moved

Community Member

So...since apparently nobody else has addressed the 400lb gorilla in this room:

WHY NO EPIC ARMOR???

Default Robe has no texture

Probably already know, but want to put this out anyway.

On a human male, Red Robes of Charity Clothing has no graphics. I put it on, and it doesn't look like I did anything. All of the other armors have a texture, just not that one.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AstorPotamus View Post
    WHY NO EPIC ARMOR???
    Because nobody is taking off their sharn set for a single piece of gear with only slightly better stats. You'd be losing way more than you gain.
    Stratis on Khyber

Want to know my build?
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...il-of-the-Bard

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by AstorPotamus View Post
    Any particular reason why insightful ability boosts are limited (with the exception of one trinket) to belts?
    Like to see this swapped with bracers since stat is already on rings.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    On one way, yeah, those are most pleasant rune arms. On the other hand, if I sort the rune arm list by level, there already are several fire rune arms at low level. Maybe Acid instead?
    https://ddowiki.com/page/Category:Rune_Arms
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedrakzo View Post
    Since there's been both a suggestion for the fireball/cannon shot style for breaking breakables and mention of an acid runearm, perhaps we could get an acid blast runearm? Bonus Points if it could actually be an acid version of the Exploding Cannon Shot. IE: Acid and Blunt damage on the spell and imbue.

Additionally, while I'm not sure of what you could put on the heroic version, it would be nice to see a stoneskin proc on the epic version as we could use a new level 21 runearm as well.
    I'd also love to have more Shot type runearms for taking out breakables and barriers. Its really the only effect I actually use - otherwise RAs are just stat sticks and an annoying graphic blocking my view.

Conversely, I'd like to see more diversity in RA effects than just damage type and geometry. I'd like to see some buff/heal-type RAs or CC RAs like we had in AoR...though I imagine an afterthought runearm in a starter pack is probably not the place to look for that. (Arti level+INT mod) * charge tier in temp HP? That'd scale well for both starter and early Epic and might actually get used.
    Last edited by droid327; 11-08-2019 at 01:59 PM.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    I'd also love to have more Shot type runearms for taking out breakables and barriers.
    I just want ranged attacks to interact with breakable/burnable shared door scripts. Ugh. That's been on my hitlist for like 3 years now. I hate having to punch doors when playing a ranged build. Even typing this reply out is making me frustrated.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post

Weapons
    Epic Sworn Silver (Weapon Type) Weapons (One of each weapon type)
    Minimum Level: 20
    Damage Dice: 3[Normal W for the Weapon Type]
    • +6 Enhancement Bonus
    • Silver, Alchemical
    • Unnatural Bane 4d10
    • Destruction
    • Righteous This weapon is imbued with holy power, giving it an additional +2 to attack bonus and damage against any evil creature. This power makes the weapon good-aligned.
    • Empty Red Augment Slot
    Epic Ethereal (Weapon Type) Weapons (One of each weapon type)
    Damage Dice: 3[Normal W for the Weapon Type]
    • +6 Enhancement Bonus
    • Impactful 4d6
    • Ghostbane 4d10
    • Weaken Undead Undead creatures struck by this weapon find themselves more vulnerable. Each time this weapon deals damage to an undead creature, the target loses 20% of its Fortification for the next 20 seconds. This effect does not stack with itself.
    • Adamantine
    • Empty Red Augment Slot
    Epic Sceptre of (SpellPower Type) Weapons (One of every Spellpower Type)
    Damage: 3[1d6]
    • +6 Enhancement Bonus
    • Spellcasting Implement +20
    • (Spell Lore Type) +16%
    • (Spellpower Type) +111
    • Insightful (Spellpower Type) +55
    • Wizardry +97
    • Empty Red Augment Slot

2nd weapon has impactful...which is fine I guess...but isn't that some sort of bludgeon type damage? Seems weird on weapons like daggers and rapiers and such. Could this be changed to maybe untyped or force damage?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo174 View Post
    Opening up the casual difficulty for raids would have been a much better solution. Since all the whiners are just complaining about not being able to play through the content they paid for. Just give them their casual difficulty. Since they are just a bunch of casuals.

Proud Member of the Bunch of Casuals Club!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    I just want ranged attacks to interact with breakable/burnable shared door scripts. Ugh. That's been on my hitlist for like 3 years now. I hate having to punch doors when playing a ranged build. Even typing this reply out is making me frustrated.
    Can we give zero melee damage rider to all ranged attacks? Would that trigger? IDK, there might be in range issues. I mean, is it looking for a damage type flag or is it really a hidden 1hp guarenteed hit item that triggers?

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Loromir View Post
    2nd weapon has impactful...which is fine I guess...but isn't that some sort of bludgeon type damage? Seems weird on weapons like daggers and rapiers and such. Could this be changed to maybe untyped or force damage?
    Impactful is Force damage.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    Can we give zero melee damage rider to all ranged attacks? Would that trigger? IDK, there might be in range issues. I mean, is it looking for a damage type flag or is it really a hidden 1hp guarenteed hit item that triggers?
    Throwing more spaghetti onto a big pile of spaghetti already on fire won't really help the "there's too much spaghetti" problem :P I appreciate the enthusiasm, though

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Throwing more spaghetti onto a big pile of spaghetti already on fire won't really help the "there's too much spaghetti" problem :P I appreciate the enthusiasm, though
    Make block-attack do a melee strike even when wielding a ranged weapon

Pistolwhip

Community Member

The level 1 stuff only benefits people with no early ghost touch items and sorcs. I predict nobody else will touch that stuff, not even bothering to pick it up and throw it out 2 levels later.

The 20 items are so boring. No set bonuses. Because reasons. No set bonuses = no sale. This is how you trained us.

Poisonclasp
    Still trying to make transmutation a thing? Are new transmutation spells coming because otherwise that all those items are just wastes of time. It is also redundant with the new PM hat.

Necklace of Tranquility, a nice item except for the lifesealed which reduces healing of PMs. It is better than every other ring because it is resistance instead of individual saves. Why split up saves? For flavor? It just makes items worse and irritates everyone.

Nothing for ranged builds (which are like 75% of the builds now) except the arrowhead. Which is dubious value. Where's the doubleshot? We don't mention that word around here anymore huh?

Zero armor piercing items. Armor piercing and doubleshot are only for people who spend lots of money not for a cheap pack like this. Is that correct?

Cursed mirror should be a ring or something. Trinket slot is taken already on so many builds.

Curse Resistance. Why is this a thing? Has anyone ever used Curse Resistance items? Why are they still appearing after we told you to stop?

All this stuff is super boring. These are like the charity items you give to red headed step children. Like the give away weapons in ravenloft. Most of these look worse than the level 15 sharn stuff. That said if I do buy this, I'll probably use them anyway because I have zero level 20 items and zero sharn.

Nobody is even talking about this loot. Everyone entered the thread started reading and fell asleep at their keyboard.
    Last edited by capsela; 11-09-2019 at 12:52 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast