This is a great idea. Thanks!
    Yes please. Runearm with breakable exploding quality
    Social Justice W...arlock (5e toon)
    OkarisRage, Artificer with 3 druid past lives = <3

Fiendblood Bracers Wrists Slot
    Minimum Level: 21
    Improved Deception
    Deception +8
    Marksmanship This item is enchanted to enhance your skill with ranged weapons. When using ranged weapons you gain +2 to your attack rolls and a +1 to your damage.
    Shrieking Bolt This item resonates with sonic energy. On ranged attacks, on an attack roll of 20 which is confirmed as a critical hit, it will punish the target with a blast of sound (10 to 60 sonic damage). A successful Fortitude save (DC22) reduces this damage by half.
    Empty Yellow Augment Slot

This is better than the first iteration with the deception bonuses, but +1 damage and +2 to hit on a level 21 item seems pretty low, no? I would think about ditching marksmanship and changing it to a +1 sneak attack die to compliment the deception that was added.

Also, the sonic damage on a vorpal is kind of low too UNLESS it scales with sonic power and the the fort save of 22 is a question mark. Isn't that pretty much guaranteeing that mobs at lvl 21 will save on everything but a 1? Again, this is a nice idea from an old item, but at lvl 21 it needs to be re-balanced.

Another completely different suggestion for this is to take the item this was based off / copy and pasted, the wind howler bracers, and make it a lvl 21 item.

1) Keep the deception that was added
    2) Make the sonic damage on crit with no save and make a vorpal have the knockdown added from the cyclonic blast clickie on the lvl 13 bracers.
    3) drop marksmanship and make it +1 sneak attack dice or bump up the numbers currently for marksmanship

At level 21, you start seeing mobs with inflated saves and HPs. 10-60 sonic damage on a vorpal, which is at best 5% of the time, (really 5-30 with a fort save of only 22) and +1 to damage is really not epic.
    Last edited by barecm; 11-06-2019 at 07:16 AM.
    Sarlona Server - High Lords of Malkier :
    Kluege Fixer - Superkluege

Community Member Gemini-Dragon357's Avatar

Default No Heroic Wisdom Item

There isn't a +1 heroic Wisdom item, like the other five stats. Any chance of adding another item and giving it +1 wisdom? Or maybe just add +1 wisdom to Red Robes of Charity or Goggles of Unbroken Sight?

Blackfeather Cloak and Boots are very similar. Both have Featherfall and Parrying/Riposte +4. (Riposte and Parrying are the same effect now, no? I thought the damage on miss effect was dropped from Riposte a few years ago. Why not just stick to one name to avoid confusion since they don't stack?) Swapping one of Parrying/Riposte out and replacing it with Dodge would at least make it potentially worth while to wear both Blackfeather items at the same time. The only other standard bonus Dodge item this update is a roguish diversion/bluff item.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post
    Yes please. Runearm with breakable exploding quality
    On one way, yeah, those are most pleasant rune arms. On the other hand, if I sort the rune arm list by level, there already are several fire rune arms at low level. Maybe Acid instead?
    https://ddowiki.com/page/Category:Rune_Arms

Community Member

Default No Spell Focus Mastery or Spell Penn Items??

Perhaps I missed it, but it appears there are no items with Spell Focus Mastery or Spell Penn. Was this an oversight?

Community Member

Any particular reason why insightful ability boosts are limited (with the exception of one trinket) to belts?
    Last edited by AstorPotamus; 11-06-2019 at 08:36 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Fiendblood Bracers Wrists Slot
    Minimum Level: 21
    • Improved Deception
    • Deception +8
    • Marksmanship This item is enchanted to enhance your skill with ranged weapons. When using ranged weapons you gain +2 to your attack rolls and a +1 to your damage.
    • Shrieking Bolt This item resonates with sonic energy. On ranged attacks, on an attack roll of 20 which is confirmed as a critical hit, it will punish the target with a blast of sound (10 to 60 sonic damage). A successful Fortitude save (DC22) reduces this damage by half.
    • Empty Yellow Augment Slot
    As was already suggested before, remove absolutely obsolete and useless Marksmanship and not-clearly worked Shrieking Bolt and change it to +8 Tendon Slice and +6% Doubleshot ( +15% Ranged Alacrity or +15% Armor-piercing can be good too ), and it must be very good and appealing item.
    Last edited by Ulfo; 11-06-2019 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    They did not change. The Heroic Weapons were Minimum Level 2 in preview 1 as well.
    Is it just me that sees every heroic item listed on this thread as ml1?
    (Incl the stats that go along with it.)

Also these ml1 items are seriously lack lusting, I thought we where getting a second affix and some sort of set bonus, I don't see that represented here.

Also, silver as an affix? Is that weapon doing a extra 1d6 extra silver damage on hit or something?

Community Member QueenOfTheHook's Avatar

I know this is probably an unpopular opinion, but I'd have preferred all the gear for the epic level to be level 20 instead of 21. As of right now, if I do an ETR I will still have to fish out my lower level gear, most likely Sharn gear, to put on for a total of 1 level. Odds are if I have to go through that much effort to find gear I can wear as soon as I ETR, the level 21 stuff would have to be leaps and bounds better then Sharn to get me to then go back and find all that gear. It would be nice to be able to ETR and just grab all my Borderlands gear and roll through epics. TY for adjusting the weapons to be 20 as that is a nice level to slap on a sentient weapon to carry you until end game.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by QueenOfTheHook View Post
    I know this is probably an unpopular opinion, but I'd have preferred all the gear for the epic level to be level 20 instead of 21. As of right now, if I do an ETR I will still have to fish out my lower level gear, most likely Sharn gear, to put on for a total of 1 level. Odds are if I have to go through that much effort to find gear I can wear as soon as I ETR, the level 21 stuff would have to be leaps and bounds better then Sharn to get me to then go back and find all that gear. It would be nice to be able to ETR and just grab all my Borderlands gear and roll through epics. TY for adjusting the weapons to be 20 as that is a nice level to slap on a sentient weapon to carry you until end game.
    I rarely have to do lvl20 when I ETR as I use the xp from the sagas and that will get me straight to lvl21/22; I only ever do lvl20 once per life.

Hey, guys, there's ALREADY a Docent of Defense that you can get from Invasion tokens, could ya'll rename that item please? Items with identical names are a headache.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    Hey, guys, there's ALREADY a Docent of Defense that you can get from Invasion tokens, could ya'll rename that item please? Items with identical names are a headache.
    Sure.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by thedip View Post
    I rarely have to do lvl20 when I ETR as I use the xp from the sagas and that will get me straight to lvl21/22; I only ever do lvl20 once per life.
    Not everyone has all the content needed to get those sagas completed, or the desire to run that horrible ES 3 chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    I for one, liked them as level 21 and at level 21 power. So not a change I appreciate but I can understand being outvoted.

Good change.
    You're going to be REALLY pleased with the orb appearances, btw.

Please no. This opinion has already made the weapons less valuable to me. If all the equipment is going to go to level 20, I might as well just continue using the stuff I crafted for level 21. That's an option for you too. If having something good enough for this one level means so much to you, you could Cannith Craft level 20 scaled equipment. But you just might notice when you do that... that level 21 scaled stuff is better.

And making that weapon level 20 instead of 21 means it lost damage. Damage that would have been helpful in the levels beyond 20.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    You're going to be REALLY pleased with the orb appearances, btw.
    I saw them in the first preview. I was amazed!
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Could paladins have the Special Mount ability implemented in a future patch now that mounts are a thing? This 3.5 ability is one the staples of the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Please no. This opinion has already made the weapons less valuable to me. If all the equipment is going to go to level 20, I might as well just continue using the stuff I crafted for level 21. That's an option for you too. If having something good enough for this one level means so much to you, you could Cannith Craft level 20 scaled equipment. But you just might notice when you do that... that level 21 scaled stuff is better.

And making that weapon level 20 instead of 21 means it lost damage. Damage that would have been helpful in the levels beyond 20.
    I think you missed my point. If I ETR, I will now have to go find level 15/17/18 gear (depending on piece), to put on for 1 level. Then at level 21, I will have to dig around to find the new gear. Level 20 isn't like level 1 where I can literally run around nekkid until I get to my crafted gear. Obviously if I am running level 1-30 straight through, then I really don't care what level the gear is, but on an ETR, I do.

At first, I appreciate the effort to finally give us more items to close the BIG gap we have currently between level 15 and 29.

But once more this shows clearly that DDO needs at least the technic of items that scale with the character level.
    Items with ML 1 or 2 are for me mostly useless because I usually start a character life after a TR at level 3 (I use the exp from the daily rolls).
    But of course, for a new player who really starts at level 1, it makes absolute sense to have level 1 items available in a starter area.
    The solution could be an item you can equip at level 1 and it scales in power until level 5 (and gets not stronger thereafter)

The same for the epic weapons and items, you could equip them with ML 20 (and they provide the level 20 power) and they could scale in power until at least level 24.

Also for items, we have in Nightrevels, crystal Cove etc...
    Currently, we have a level 4, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24, and 28 version for each item, this occupies SEVEN times the slots in our banks and inventory and not only this, but it is also MUCH harder to handle if you have that.
    The solution is also here, items that scale with the character level, you can have one item you can equip already in level 1 (or 4 if you want) and that gets stronger until level 28.
    And please notice I dont ask for less so-called "grind" per item here it would work perfectly if you would have a recipe with which you can combine those 7 weapons into one weapon that has this scaling feature (I'm even motivated to have additional "grind" to unlock this feature).

For me there is no question, DDO needs items that scale with the character level.
    The question is only how such items are implemented.
    "Act according to a maxim which can be adopted at the same time as a universal law."
    -Immanuel Kant-

"Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has."
    -René Descartes-

I think you missed my point. If I ETR, I will now have to go find level 15/17/18 gear (depending on piece), to put on for 1 level. Then at level 21, I will have to dig around to find the new gear. Level 20 isn't like level 1 where I can literally run around nekkid until I get to my crafted gear. Obviously if I am running level 1-30 straight through, then I really don't care what level the gear is, but on an ETR, I do.
    No I understood your point fine. You can't be bothered to set aside gear for your ETR(s) or retrieve it from wherever so the loot from this pack should be less worthwhile to those of us who do just so you can immediately equip this upon ETR. You do realize in future ETRs you will still have to retrieve this loot from wherever you currently keep the gear you have been wearing at 20? Before sharn equipment existed, I had crafted some generic sets for my characters. The breaking points were 15/16 and 21. There simply isn't a reason to wear something scaled to level 20, even before Sharn gear existed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast