Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thumbs down Price of "Devil Assault" pack should be cut down to 100 points

Since now the optionals will be ransacked forever this pack will be worthless after several runs. And even worse, you can NOT skip all the optionals like other quest. Cut down the price to match its real value.

And please refund my points spent on this pack, thank you.

Community Member

It’s still good after a tr, still drops tokens and mats, and the Chronoscope is unchanged. Sucks they changed it a bit but if they refund you they’d have to refund everyone else who wanted it, and would have to offer refunds for all the packs that had their xp changed, and that means digging back to find out who bought it on sale...

So nah, it’s still fine.

I was under the impression based on forum posts that Devil Assault was mainly used to get the tokens needed to purchase a Reincarnation when a player only wants to go to 20, or when they are 30 and planning an Epic Reincarnation and then one of the Full Reincarnations (thus not really concerned with the XP).

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    I was under the impression based on forum posts that Devil Assault was mainly used to get the tokens needed to purchase a Reincarnation when a player only wants to go to 20, or when they are 30 and planning an Epic Reincarnation and then one of the Full Reincarnations (thus not really concerned with the XP).
    yup. pointless.

Wait.... THEY PERMANENTLY TOOK OUT OPT. XP? NO WONDER I FELT SOMETHING WASNT RIGHT.
    So does this apply to both heroic and epic? I can see von3 the biggest one hit with xp nerf with this

Community Member

Rather than just make it cheaper, how about they add in a Gong so you can run it in 8 mins instead of 25? I'd say that gives it enough value.

Quote Originally Posted by darkniteyogi View Post
    Wait.... THEY PERMANENTLY TOOK OUT OPT. XP? NO WONDER I FELT SOMETHING WASNT RIGHT.
    So does this apply to both heroic and epic? I can see von3 the biggest one hit with xp nerf with this
    Optional XP perma-ransacks now. You're supposed to get 3 completions per optional at full XP, then after that Optional XP decrements by 20% each run down to 0% after the eighth run. TRing resets it, ETR does not.

They also raised the Daily Playthrough bonus, which is supposed to compensate for it if you're just running each quest a few times per life.

Obviously, in practice, there's lots of situations where its a big nerf, though.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post

Optional XP perma-ransacks now. You're supposed to get 3 completions per optional at full XP, then after that Optional XP decrements by 20% each run down to 0% after the eighth run. TRing resets it, ETR does not.
    What? I thought SSG said that ETR resets the XP for optionals?
    "Swords will cut you wide open!" - Trip Fisk

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Even during Turbine times I was ... very disappointed to get only that.
    Only later I found out that The Chroniscope is also part of it - and I still have several Gems Of Many Facets on my chars ! Plus a lesser Abishai set ...

For the Devil Assault alone, the price should be so much lower.
    But considering Chronoscope is also part of the pack raises the price slightly ... One only needs to found a group for it.

Years ago I had quite some fun - and my chars many deaths ! - during the Chronoscope.

Maybe both should have been separate entities in the shop. That would have been less confusing, I guess.
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tapper this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this tale."
    English is not my first language - misinterpretations galore !

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Rather than just make it cheaper, how about they add in a Gong so you can run it in 8 mins instead of 25? I'd say that gives it enough value.
    Yes, please.

I died in Devil Assault Epic Normal at cap because I fell asleep at the keyboard and I don't heal myself while I'm asleep.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcimerist View Post
    What? I thought SSG said that ETR resets the XP for optionals?
    It does, don't worry.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It does, don't worry.
    Ah OK old info, thanks for the correction

That gong though...

IMO the pack was too expensive to start with as the limited content but otherwise.

you got what you paid for and it still gives tokens. run other content too if you need xp. no one should be running DA 20+ times to level. plenty of content in the game that some optional xp shouldn't be a problem for anyone leveling and better xp/min quests available anyway.
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

Community Member

Rather than just make it a total "easy button" for tokens this way, why don't you just have the difficulty shorten the time between waves? Leave Norm as is with the insane pauses. Have Hard reduce the time between waves to 10s max and have Elite/Reaper eliminate pauses (and shrines) altogether. Just one wave after another.
    Andrialla / Archellus / Kadarin / Mercantile Joe
    Knight of The Silver Legion (Forum name: Rugar)
    Cannith

+1 for some kind of advancement gong

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It does, don't worry.

So you speak to a non-point for the OP. but won't give feedback on the thread?

Yup the devs listen to us. SELECTIVELY

To further the point made, ALL of DDO's adventure packs are overpriced and need to be adjusted.

But then who am I to call you out? That's an easy answer..... Someone who speaks with his wallet.

It's SSG's flagrant disregard for the hundreds of threads like this that have made up my mind to buy the ESO expansion pack, and leave this game. Ill take another game with all of it's shortcoming in lieu of a company that is doing everything it can to cash in on every aspect of a dying game.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lagin View Post

To further the point made, ALL of DDO's adventure packs are overpriced and need to be adjusted.

But then who am I to call you out? That's an easy answer..... Someone who speaks with his wallet.

It's SSG's flagrant disregard for the hundreds of threads like this that have made up my mind to buy the ESO expansion pack, and leave this game. Ill take another game with all of it's shortcoming in lieu of a company that is doing everything it can to cash in on every aspect of a dying game.
    That's childish, the coders don't set prices, and it's a fool's quest to try to meet the demands of people who want everything half off anyways. Agree with them, and cut the price, and they say well, the new price is still high, I'll buy it next time it's 50% off the new price. Plus, you're wasting money, because for everyone complaining about the price and not buying, someone else is buying at full price because DDO is so ridiculous cheap (outside xp pots, otto boxes and tomes).

It's a hella cheap product, $10 buys a month of access to all packs, that's like 1.4 cents per hour, and at the end of the month you can buy Devil Assault permanently with part of the 500 free points. One hears rumors, though, that you can actually obtain it 100% free with minimal effort. Like, I could buy it 20 times over with the spare points I'm sitting on from TRing. If you can't afford it you should honestly log off the computer and go check the pantry and your accounts and make sure you can eat and cover bills this month.

It's kinda funny though, the idea of a player that started in 2008 getting worked up over the price of the DA pack and quitting because it's just too high. What have you been doing the last 11 years, playing the DDO forum game? Leveling to 30 in Korthos?

Community Member

Can I have your stuff? =P

Community Member dsmwhiteknight's Avatar

Yes the dev responded to a point in this thread that she could respond to, unlike the original poster's comment. She was correcting misinformation that was being spread by this thread. So she shouldn't do that simply because there is no good response to the original poster? And even though she does not set prices and is not involved in that, like has already been pointed out? I am grateful for her involvement.

I do not agree that the packs are overpriced. And I have never known anyone to run Devil Assault for the xp. They run it for the tokens, which is the entire reason I bought that pack.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dsmwhiteknight View Post
    Yes the dev responded to a point in this thread that she could respond to, unlike the original poster's comment. She was correcting misinformation that was being spread by this thread. So she shouldn't do that simply because there is no good response to the original poster? And even though she does not set prices and is not involved in that, like has already been pointed out? I am grateful for her involvement.

I do not agree that the packs are overpriced. And I have never known anyone to run Devil Assault for the xp. They run it for the tokens, which is the entire reason I bought that pack.
    I think all packs older than 5 years need a 50% price adjustement. Older then 3 a 20%. You cant pretend new players pay them same prices as if it were new.

I think they simply can remove optional xp and add them to final xp as they did with crucible
    In game in Cannith as
    Aborim Master (main toon) --- Nickallin (my tank)--- Jjnick (warlock 30) --- Nickpunick ()--- Nickruvido (my healer)--- Nickallinone (shuri build)
    KVP Korthos Village People

I think raising exp on old packs or improving them would help. Eg gong in d.a. eg shavarath xp higher. They do little changes in some quests some times like tomb of shadow king where u dont need to bring Nsu to east room to kill him. If they still look at old quests and make little changes, these things shouldnt be big problems to easily fix.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast