Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default U44 Preview 2: 11/5-11/7

Disclaimer
    Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release.

Hello, all! Preview 2 of Update 44 is open! It is expected to remain open until sometime in the late afternoon (Eastern) of Thursday November 7th. There will be a dev event on Wednesday November 6th from 8-10 PM Eastern where members of the DDO team will be available to collect feedback and answer questions in real time on Lamannia.

This preview contains the following features:

In addition to those main features there are an assortment of smaller changes and/or bugfixes which are listed below

Character
    • The Base Attack Speed for bows and throwing weapons has been adjusted for a better experience in the Heroic levels, while keeping the current maximum attack speed at Base Attack Bonus 25 and above. This change approximately doubles the relationship between Base Attack Bonus and Attack Speed, but adjusts the per-level progression to provide less of a per-level increase. Players at all levels should experience an increase in animation smoothness and Attack Speed, with the increase tapering off as your Base Attack Bonus increases.
    • Dodge values can no longer be reduced below zero.
    • Spells: Thunderstroke no longer goes through Spell Absorption.
    • Spells: Rend the Soul no longer puts Thunderstrike on cooldown.
    • Spells: Admixture Spells now accept the Accelerate Spell Metamagic. The Accelerate Spell Metamagic is not trainable at this time.
    • Bard: Swashbuckler: Coup de Grace now properly requires five levels of Bard.
    • Cleric/Favored Soul: Warpriest and War Soul's Wrathful Weapon damage now properly hits undead.
    • Druid: Druidic Survival Mastery now applies more consistently.
    • Monk: Touch of Despair now applies its debuff more reliably.
    • Rogue/Artificer: Several versions of Wrack Construct no longer use placeholder icons.
    • Rogue/Artificer: Wrack Construct in the Mechanic and Battle Engineer trees have had their descriptions updated.
    • Wizard: Pale Master: Some text has been cleaned up in Pale Master enhancement tree descriptions.
    • Wizard: Pale Master: Zombie Form now appropriately slows reload speed for crossbows.
    • Vistani Knife Fighter: Fixed an issue with one of the Vistani Knife Fighter cores not affecting the two-weapon fighting style. The enhancement has been re-written to affect all melee combat styles.
    • Fatesinger: Harmonic Resonance has a better tooltip and more appropriate VFX

Items
    • Items that grant Negative Spell Power now also grant an equivalent amount of Poison Spell Power. Their tooltips have been updated to reflect this as well.
    • Several new Night Revels weapons that were dealing Piercing instead of their standard damage types now deal their standard damage type.
    • Fixed a typo in the "Frozen Aether" effect tooltip. (Can be found on the Long Bow "Void, the Endless Cold")
    • The Esoteric Initiate set bonus now has a more accurate tooltip.
    • The Feywild Dreamer set now provides its correct stats.
    • Several items that had their skill or alacrity bonuses adjusted erroneously are now back to their proper values.
    • The Shattered Device filigree set now applies on melee strikes.
    • Fulcrum Shift has been redesigned, and is now: Kick 'Em While They're Down: You have +5 to-hit and damage to enemies that are knocked down or stunned.

Quests
    • Crystal Lasers and Mirror Puzzles have been updated. Laser sources no longer shoot a beam unless there is a mirror at the end of it. Corrected an issue where the laser fails to appear on a valid match.
    • Fixed several typos in Killing Time and Tavern Brawl.
    • Fixed some typos in Alynda d'Cannith's dialogue.
    • Fixed typos in Temple of the Deathwyrm.

Sound
    • Added new footstep sounds for players adventuring on Gravel-like terrain
    • Audited our existing footstep sounds, and applied correct sounds to different terrain types

UI
    • In the Looking For Group Menu: The Open Group listing for classes now properly includes Warlocks and will no longer include Epic levels as per its class designation.
    • There is a new "+" side-tab off of the "Stats" tab of the Character Sheet Menu. This displays the following statistics:
      • Avoidance Defenses
        • Incorporeality
        • Concealment
      • Saving Throws
        • Saves vs Spells
        • Saves vs Traps
        • Saves vs Fear
        • Saves vs Enchantment
        • Saves vs Curses
        • Saves vs Illusions
        • Saves vs Sleep
        • Saves vs Diseases
        • Saves vs Exhaustion
        • Saves vs Nausea
        • Saves vs Paralysis
        • Saves vs Poison
      • Elemental Defenses
        • Acid Resistance
        • Cold Resistance
        • Electric Resistance
        • Fire Resistance
        • Light Resistance
        • Negative Resistance
        • Poison Resistance
        • Sonic Resistance
        • Acid Absorption
        • Chaos Absorption
        • Cold Absorption
        • Electric Absorption
        • Evil Absorption
        • Fire Absorption
        • Force Absorption
        • Good Absorption
        • Lawful Absorption
        • Light Absorption
        • Negative Absorption
        • Poison Absorption
        • Sonic Absorption
      • Movement
        • Movement Speed Multiplier
      • Spellcasting
        • Spell Cost Reduction
        • Spell Threat Multiplier
        • Spell Penetration Bonuses
      • General Combat
        • Fortification Bypass
        • Dodge Bypass
        • Helpless Damage
        • Critical Hit Confirmation
        • Critical Hit Damage
        • Sneak Attack Hit Bonus
        • Sneak Attack Damage Bonus
        • Sneak Attack Dice
      • Melee Combat
        • One Handed Attack Speed Bonus
        • Two Weapon Attack Speed Bonus
        • Two Handed Attack Speed Bonus
        • Quarterstaff Attack Speed Bonus
        • Shield Bash Chance
        • Offhand Hit Chance
        • Offhand Doublestrike
        • Glancing Blow Damage
        • Glancing Blow Proc Chance
        • Melee Threat Multiplier
      • Ranged Combat
        • Thrown Attack Speed Bonus
        • Non-Repeating Crossbow Attack Speed Bonus
        • Repeating Crossbow Attack Speed Bonus
        • Bow Attack Speed Bonus
        • Ranged Threat Multiplier
    • The Open Group listing for classes now properly includes Warlocks, and will no longer include Epic levels as per its class designation.
    • The member list in the Guild panel now properly displays the proper class icons if you have three classes and Epic levels on a character.
    • The Hardcore League leaderboard now displays the rank number next to the character name.
    • Shortcut bar icons for active abilities that have a hit point or ki cost now properly grey out based on current values.
    • When a character dies, the text in the Combat Log telling you how you died is now an eye-catching red.
    • Players can now use the word Hardcore in their Guild Message of the Day.
    • The quest panel in the Adventure Compendium now displays Heroic quest level and Epic quest level in separate columns, and allows sorting by Epic quest level.
    • The quest panel in the Adventure Compendium now defaults to sorting by Heroic quest level, and remembers your most recent sort order when re-opening the window.
    • The Social UI now has small icons for the iconic races.

Known Issues
    • Several Feats, Enhancements, Wands, and Scrolls now mention the existence of the Alchemist class and some of its enhancements.

Additional Fixes/Changes since Preview 1
    • Effective HP (Displayed in the "+" side tab of stats) now takes into account Max Dodge and Maximum Dexterity when calculating total dodge score.
    Last edited by Cocomajobo; 11-05-2019 at 04:29 PM.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Release Notes published shortly before Lamannia comes up tomorrow as per usual?
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Release Notes published shortly before Lamannia comes up tomorrow as per usual?
    Yup yup!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Community Member

removed loot feedback, waiting for Preview 2 Loot thread...
    Last edited by 0ldschool; 11-05-2019 at 01:54 PM.
    Zanthiss - L30 Mechanic - Cannith
    Zamsil - L20 TWF VKF assassin

I've got a Dungeon Master's Guide... I've got 12 sided die...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by 0ldschool View Post
    Sorry, I missed out on the Loot thread which is now closed, but I wanted to post my feedback somewhere and this seems like the only available thread.
    The preview 2 threads will be posted shortly...

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tist View Post
    The preview 2 threads will be posted shortly...
    Thanks. I'll save my feedback for the new thread.

Default Preview 2 is open!

Preview 2 is open!

The OP has been updated with release notes and links to the primary feature feedback threads! Of special note: All 8 dungeons in the Keep on the Borderlands adventure pack are now available for preview.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    [*]Vistani Knife Fighter: Fixed an issue with one of the Vistani Knife Fighter cores not affecting the two-weapon fighting style. The enhancement has been re-written to affect all melee combat styles.
    OK, I'll bite. Which core? Since the only core that seems to mention a combat 'style' is Knife Master when it mentions two daggers, is that the fixed core?

The absorption values in Elemental Defenses still dont include the reduction from Magical Resistance Rating (I hope they just only not displayed but it works at least).
    Force damage which is clearly magical is not included in MRR.
    If I remember correctly it was once a part of MRR and it is either stealthy nerfed or dropped inadvertently out.
    The value for the Helpless Damage Bonus doesn't include the base bonus and only additional bonuses.

I have no idea how much work it is but the Adventure Compendium urgently needs a button for Found Group.
    We have a button there for Find Group which is most likely almost never used because the server population is clearly way too low for this function.
    But a button for founding a group (opening the Create/Edit LFM user interface with the right quest selected) would be clearly very helpful and most likely frequently used by group leaders/founders.
    It is funny that the developers dont have the idea that the first step to a group is founding a group and not searching for an already existent group
    "Act according to a maxim which can be adopted at the same time as a universal law."
    -Immanuel Kant-

"Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has."
    -René Descartes-

Community Member QueenOfTheHook's Avatar

Any chance that additional spell casting info will be on the UI information? I'd love to be able to see things like bonuses to enchantment, evo, etc.

about the night revels weapons, fixing the damage type but not the fact the lvls 20s and 24 doesn't accept sentience?

Quote Originally Posted by Anaximandroz View Post
    about the night revels weapons, fixing the damage type but not the fact the lvls 20s and 24 doesn't accept sentience?
    Like all the other Night Revels weapons, the lvl 20 and 24 versions do not accept Sentience. This is working as intended.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Unhappy Bloody Foot Print

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Like all the other Night Revels weapons, the lvl 20 and 24 versions do not accept Sentience. This is working as intended.
    Can you fix this pls .... I'm a Dragonborn and my bloody foot steps are normal humanoid shoes ... doesn't seem right should be claw feet running around. Should be 3 claws in front and 1 claw behind.

Same goes for theiflings
    Last edited by AsHaH13; 11-06-2019 at 03:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Wachter, Community Relations Manager, DDO™

Myth-busting: Treasure rewards from chests are random and not affected by any external factors, such as Diplomacy, Charisma, or any other form of voodoo you can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Can you pretty please tell us what exactly is your intention when you decide that a level 20 and 24 named weapon is not accepting sentient while the level 28 version of exactly the same weapon accepts it?
    "Act according to a maxim which can be adopted at the same time as a universal law."
    -Immanuel Kant-

"Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has."
    -René Descartes-

Quote Originally Posted by Chacka_DDO View Post
    Can you pretty please tell us what exactly is your intention when you decide that a level 20 and 24 named weapon is not accepting sentient while the level 28 version of exactly the same weapon accepts it?
    I could be wrong, but if I recall correctly its because the Night Revels interface doesn't just take ingredients and spit out an appropriate level item - it upgrades from one level to the next requiring the previous level item to make all the higher tiers above the first (Lvl 4). This means only the level 28 weapons are not used in later recipes. Thus NOT allowing us to make lvl 20/24 NR weapons sentient is an effort NOT to have customer service issues because someone might mistakenly put a sentient weapon in the interface to upgrade and destroy it (with all the sentient xp on it).
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    I could be wrong, but if I recall correctly its because the Night Revels interface doesn't just take ingredients and spit out an appropriate level item - it upgrades from one level to the next requiring the previous level item to make all the higher tiers above the first (Lvl 4). This means only the level 28 weapons are not used in later recipes. Thus NOT allowing us to make lvl 20/24 NR weapons sentient is an effort NOT to have customer service issues because someone might mistakenly put a sentient weapon in the interface to upgrade and destroy it (with all the sentient xp on it).
    You, not the first one who brings this up, and it can be entirely possible and it is a good guess...
    But if Steelstar says it is ->intended<- then it has, in my opinion, another meaning (I'm not a natural speaker but I think it's just logical to say that).
    If he says it is ->intended<- than it should not be because of a technical problem.
    If you are right and they want to prevent you from destroying your sentient jewel than there are several ways to do that, e.g. the jewel could be completely copied to the new item.
    Or a level 24 and 20 weapons could be simply not accepted by the recipe if a sentient jewel is in it.

My guess is indeed too that it is just only a technical reason
    And if so I just only expect the SSG developers to be honest with us and they tell us this and not that it is intended by them (which means they could do it differently but they just only dont want to do it).

But maybe I'm wrong and there is a good game-design-reason to do it and not only a technical issue so maybe Steelstar could maybe enlight us here.
    -Immanuel Kant-

-René Descartes-

Community Manager

Yes, I believe level 20 and 24 Night Revels items not accepting Sentience is due to the destruction and re-creation process used to upgrade the items. Otherwise, if people didn't go through the process of unslotting their gems and Filigree prior to upgrading, those items would be lost to the ether permanently.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

The Base Attack Speed for bows and throwing weapons has been adjusted for a better experience in the Heroic levels, while keeping the current maximum attack speed at Base Attack Bonus 25 and above. This change approximately doubles the relationship between Base Attack Bonus and Attack Speed, but adjusts the per-level progression to provide less of a per-level increase. Players at all levels should experience an increase in animation smoothness and Attack Speed, with the increase tapering off as your Base Attack Bonus increases.

Why had I never realized the weird animation for long bows until you pointed it out? I actually think the more rapid appearing shooting is more awkward, especially since there is no real speed increase at end game you guys are just making it look like there is.

Community Member thomascoolone64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Disclaimer
    Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release.

Hello, all! Preview 2 of Update 44 is open! It is expected to remain open until sometime in the late afternoon (Eastern) of Thursday November 7th. There will be a dev event on Wednesday November 6th from 8-10 PM Eastern where members of the DDO team will be available to collect feedback and answer questions in real time on Lamannia.

This preview contains the following features:

In addition to those main features there are an assortment of smaller changes and/or bugfixes which are listed below

Character
    • The Base Attack Speed for bows and throwing weapons has been adjusted for a better experience in the Heroic levels, while keeping the current maximum attack speed at Base Attack Bonus 25 and above. This change approximately doubles the relationship between Base Attack Bonus and Attack Speed, but adjusts the per-level progression to provide less of a per-level increase. Players at all levels should experience an increase in animation smoothness and Attack Speed, with the increase tapering off as your Base Attack Bonus increases.
    • Dodge values can no longer be reduced below zero.
    • Spells: Thunderstroke no longer goes through Spell Absorption.
    • Spells: Rend the Soul no longer puts Thunderstrike on cooldown.
    • Spells: Admixture Spells now accept the Accelerate Spell Metamagic. The Accelerate Spell Metamagic is not trainable at this time.
    • Bard: Swashbuckler: Coup de Grace now properly requires five levels of Bard.
    • Cleric/Favored Soul: Warpriest and War Soul's Wrathful Weapon damage now properly hits undead.
    • Druid: Druidic Survival Mastery now applies more consistently.
    • Monk: Touch of Despair now applies its debuff more reliably.
    • Rogue/Artificer: Several versions of Wrack Construct no longer use placeholder icons.
    • Rogue/Artificer: Wrack Construct in the Mechanic and Battle Engineer trees have had their descriptions updated.
    • Wizard: Pale Master: Some text has been cleaned up in Pale Master enhancement tree descriptions.
    • Wizard: Pale Master: Zombie Form now appropriately slows reload speed for crossbows.
    • Vistani Knife Fighter: Fixed an issue with one of the Vistani Knife Fighter cores not affecting the two-weapon fighting style. The enhancement has been re-written to affect all melee combat styles.
    • Fatesinger: Harmonic Resonance has a better tooltip and more appropriate VFX

Items
    • Items that grant Negative Spell Power now also grant an equivalent amount of Poison Spell Power. Their tooltips have been updated to reflect this as well.
    • Several new Night Revels weapons that were dealing Piercing instead of their standard damage types now deal their standard damage type.
    • Fixed a typo in the "Frozen Aether" effect tooltip. (Can be found on the Long Bow "Void, the Endless Cold")
    • The Esoteric Initiate set bonus now has a more accurate tooltip.
    • The Feywild Dreamer set now provides its correct stats.
    • Several items that had their skill or alacrity bonuses adjusted erroneously are now back to their proper values.
    • The Shattered Device filigree set now applies on melee strikes.
    • Fulcrum Shift has been redesigned, and is now: Kick 'Em While They're Down: You have +5 to-hit and damage to enemies that are knocked down or stunned.

Quests
    • Crystal Lasers and Mirror Puzzles have been updated. Laser sources no longer shoot a beam unless there is a mirror at the end of it. Corrected an issue where the laser fails to appear on a valid match.
    • Fixed several typos in Killing Time and Tavern Brawl.
    • Fixed some typos in Alynda d'Cannith's dialogue.
    • Fixed typos in Temple of the Deathwyrm.

Sound
    • Added new footstep sounds for players adventuring on Gravel-like terrain
    • Audited our existing footstep sounds, and applied correct sounds to different terrain types

UI
    • In the Looking For Group Menu: The Open Group listing for classes now properly includes Warlocks and will no longer include Epic levels as per its class designation.
    • There is a new "+" side-tab off of the "Stats" tab of the Character Sheet Menu. This displays the following statistics:
      • Avoidance Defenses
        • Incorporeality
        • Concealment
      • Saving Throws
        • Saves vs Spells
        • Saves vs Traps
        • Saves vs Fear
        • Saves vs Enchantment
        • Saves vs Curses
        • Saves vs Illusions
        • Saves vs Sleep
        • Saves vs Diseases
        • Saves vs Exhaustion
        • Saves vs Nausea
        • Saves vs Paralysis
        • Saves vs Poison
      • Elemental Defenses
        • Acid Resistance
        • Cold Resistance
        • Electric Resistance
        • Fire Resistance
        • Light Resistance
        • Negative Resistance
        • Poison Resistance
        • Sonic Resistance
        • Acid Absorption
        • Chaos Absorption
        • Cold Absorption
        • Electric Absorption
        • Evil Absorption
        • Fire Absorption
        • Force Absorption
        • Good Absorption
        • Lawful Absorption
        • Light Absorption
        • Negative Absorption
        • Poison Absorption
        • Sonic Absorption
      • Movement
        • Movement Speed Multiplier
      • Spellcasting
        • Spell Cost Reduction
        • Spell Threat Multiplier
        • Spell Penetration Bonuses
      • General Combat
        • Fortification Bypass
        • Dodge Bypass
        • Helpless Damage
        • Critical Hit Confirmation
        • Critical Hit Damage
        • Sneak Attack Hit Bonus
        • Sneak Attack Damage Bonus
        • Sneak Attack Dice
      • Melee Combat
        • One Handed Attack Speed Bonus
        • Two Weapon Attack Speed Bonus
        • Two Handed Attack Speed Bonus
        • Quarterstaff Attack Speed Bonus
        • Shield Bash Chance
        • Offhand Hit Chance
        • Offhand Doublestrike
        • Glancing Blow Damage
        • Glancing Blow Proc Chance
        • Melee Threat Multiplier
      • Ranged Combat
        • Thrown Attack Speed Bonus
        • Non-Repeating Crossbow Attack Speed Bonus
        • Repeating Crossbow Attack Speed Bonus
        • Bow Attack Speed Bonus
        • Ranged Threat Multiplier
    • The Open Group listing for classes now properly includes Warlocks, and will no longer include Epic levels as per its class designation.
    • The member list in the Guild panel now properly displays the proper class icons if you have three classes and Epic levels on a character.
    • The Hardcore League leaderboard now displays the rank number next to the character name.
    • Shortcut bar icons for active abilities that have a hit point or ki cost now properly grey out based on current values.
    • When a character dies, the text in the Combat Log telling you how you died is now an eye-catching red.
    • Players can now use the word Hardcore in their Guild Message of the Day.
    • The quest panel in the Adventure Compendium now displays Heroic quest level and Epic quest level in separate columns, and allows sorting by Epic quest level.
    • The quest panel in the Adventure Compendium now defaults to sorting by Heroic quest level, and remembers your most recent sort order when re-opening the window.
    • The Social UI now has small icons for the iconic races.

Known Issues
    • Several Feats, Enhancements, Wands, and Scrolls now mention the existence of the Alchemist class and some of its enhancements.

Additional Fixes/Changes since Preview 1
    • Effective HP (Displayed in the "+" side tab of stats) now takes into account Max Dodge and Maximum Dexterity when calculating total dodge score.
    Congrats to your promotion Coco! You deserved it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post

"Ignore the text in the Lamannia launcher claiming to be from Middle Earth. Wat?"

Quote Originally Posted by QueenOfTheHook View Post
    The Base Attack Speed for bows and throwing weapons has been adjusted for a better experience in the Heroic levels, while keeping the current maximum attack speed at Base Attack Bonus 25 and above. This change approximately doubles the relationship between Base Attack Bonus and Attack Speed, but adjusts the per-level progression to provide less of a per-level increase. Players at all levels should experience an increase in animation smoothness and Attack Speed, with the increase tapering off as your Base Attack Bonus increases.

Why had I never realized the weird animation for long bows until you pointed it out? I actually think the more rapid appearing shooting is more awkward, especially since there is no real speed increase at end game you guys are just making it look like there is.
    Okay, so I figured out why I had never realized the weird bow animation, I had never been a bow using wood elf until testing a build on Lam this time. Has the wood elf always had a different stance while shooting or is this new? These two builds were built identically except their racial variance. I also checked all the other heroic races at level 4 and only found the wood elf to shoot like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast