Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nerfs

Community Member

Default Nerfs

Anyone else sick of the complaints for nerfs to something they dont use? Go and look at all the this is op threads and you will see a pattern...jealously. Everyone has a favorite style and if any other style is better, first thing they yell is nerf that. Honestly, I enjoy ranged, love it. I dont like melee, swf, twf, anything melee. If they was to make a melee universal tree that is op I wouldnt yell nerf. Id say awesome for melee, and still play my style. Play the game. Stop complaining because others are more op than you. Move on.

Community Member

The problem is plebs & casuals getting DPS. For years tanking and support were perceived to be low value in DDO, so people with egos gravitated to dps roles. In other games you got people who wanted to be the center of attention stuck in a split, choosing between the critical healer, the critical tank, the critical crowd control or the critical dps. In DDO it all came down to DPS, that was the only relevant role in the game. Rewind a few years and SSG made tanking and healing relevant again, and now the DPS drama queens can't even own the kill count, and rebuilding to the new flavor of the month dps just puts them even with everyone else instead of dps doing 5 or more times the dps of supports, which is the situation we had before Inq. The huge "flaw" of Inq is that it lets everyone play on a more equal footing.

Expect drama for years as they either adapt or move on, kinda like that one guy that posts 20 threads every weekend.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by acemonkey View Post
    The problem is plebs & casuals getting DPS.
    Thank you for this insult.

Thank you for proving me that Eliticism is really a thing here, just as I had expected.
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tapper this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this tale."
    English is not my first language - misinterpretations galore !

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by iPuffinstuff View Post
    Anyone else sick of the complaints for nerfs to something they dont use? Go and look at all the this is op threads and you will see a pattern...jealously. Everyone has a favorite style and if any other style is better, first thing they yell is nerf that. Honestly, I enjoy ranged, love it. I dont like melee, swf, twf, anything melee. If they was to make a melee universal tree that is op I wouldnt yell nerf. Id say awesome for melee, and still play my style. Play the game. Stop complaining because others are more op than you. Move on.
    I think you mis-characterize the reasons many are calling for a nerf to the inquisitive enhancement tree. I suspect most or all are playing one, so it isn't something they "don't use." They are also using it to crush content, so jealousy can be ruled out in most cases.

You need to stop taking it personally when people are genuinely concerned with the state of the game.
    Last edited by MaeveTuohy; 11-03-2019 at 08:52 AM.

Preach brother.

The main reason most are attacking Inqu is because it was designed to allow newer players to catch up to older players. This game is not a competitive game. Too many care about how others play for absolutely no reason, except that they are annoyed that a newer player now can keep up.

That's the actual "real" elitism, crying about a new player having a viable builds that can complete with the one you love. Get over it already
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    While it's not difficult to figure out, it's a mindless, stupid and eye-bleeding grind. It's not too hard to figure out that is not what this game needs right now. 2-3 million karma ok, there's some pain for your gain. But really, the EPL's are not worth the pain of 6 million XP in off destinies/sphere's.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality.

Community Member

I play a monk and always will. Monks are the nerf kings!! I dont mind all of the inquisitives and fire sorcs running around cleaning up. I say let whatever comes out leave as is. Selfishly, it helps me in my racial grind.

I may even try an inquisitive. I just dont have the gear. Lol

Nico

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nickodeamous View Post
    I play a monk and always will. Monks are the nerf kings!! I dont mind all of the inquisitives and fire sorcs running around cleaning up. I say let whatever comes out leave as is. Selfishly, it helps me in my racial grind.

I may even try an inquisitive. I just dont have the gear. Lol

Nico
    That's the thing: the build doesn't need any specific gear. Ratcatcher is nice and relatively easy to get, but the Ravenloft crossbows are fine. And you can make nice Cannith crossbows for low levels. Better gear will get better performance, but you will still find yourself doing very very well with simple loot.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Im really enjoying Inquisitive right now. I’m using it to demolish content and having a good time doing it.

I also recognize that the tree is harmful to the balance of the game. And I now jealous of another person’s power. I jumped on that bandwagon. I’m confident that SSG won’t nerf Inquisitive because they enjoy the money from it, but I also firmly believe that it should be dialed back a bit.

Please feel free to continue spewing venom on the forums, but keep in mind that your “insight” into the minds of players who think Inquisitive needs a reduction in power isn’t all that insightful.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaeveTuohy View Post
    I think you mis-characterize the reasons many are calling for a nerf to the inquisitive enhancement tree. I suspect most or all are playing one, so it isn't something they "don't use." They are also using it to crush content, so jealousy can be ruled out in most cases.

You need to stop taking it personally when people are genuinely concerned with the state of the game.
    The Inq build has become ubiquitous across the game, like every single PUG quest I run has several Inq's, of radically different class loadout, running around pew pewing the entire area.

Im really enjoying Inquisitive right now. I’m using it to demolish content and having a good time doing it.

I also recognize that the tree is harmful to the balance of the game. And I now jealous of another person’s power. I jumped on that bandwagon. I’m confident that SSG won’t nerf Inquisitive because they enjoy the money from it, but I also firmly believe that it should be dialed back a bit.

Please feel free to continue spewing venom on the forums, but keep in mind that your “insight” into the minds of players who think Inquisitive needs a reduction in power isn’t all that insightful.
    It's harmful precisely because it's basically a 214% damage increase to any class, any build. Take whatever their base xbow damage is and multiply it as follows.

Base = 1.00
    Dual xbox = 2.0 (all parameters of attack, including crits, additional damage and doubleshots are doubled)
    Dual shooter = 1.57 (57% increased RoF)

1.00 * 2.0 * 1.57 = 3.14, or 314% of original damage. That's before Law damage, mechanic, arti or anything else, just auto attacks.

It's about 3x the damage increase that most other specialty builds will get and those builds require specific class's to be taken with specific AP's, Inq can be run on any class with just the tree used. Hell once the player can only put points inside the Inq tree and blow past every other DPS build in the game.

*That* is why Inq needs fixed, far too much of a power spaceship in one place. It would be the equivalent of Fire Sorc's attack spells casting three times simultaneously.
    Last edited by palladin9479; 11-03-2019 at 02:22 PM.

Community Member

Your not CONCERNED with the state of the game. Your concerned with something over performing for everyone who uses it. If I play a paladin, inq doesnt affect my game. If I play a wiz, inq doesnt affect my game. So the STATE OF THE GAME is fine. Its your perspective thats scewed. Because you perceive it to be breaking your game you think it should be fixed. If youve spent several lifes playing an inquisitive youd also see inquisitive isnt the problem. Do they make certain content easier? Yes. Does it break the game? No.
    As others have said, and Ill say again, jealousy. Im sure everyone has heard your complaints quite clearly. We dont need 5 posts every day crying about how op the tree is.
    Last edited by iPuffinstuff; 11-03-2019 at 10:26 AM.

Community Member

That's the thing: the build doesn't need any specific gear. Ratcatcher is nice and relatively easy to get, but the Ravenloft crossbows are fine. And you can make nice Cannith crossbows for low levels. Better gear will get better performance, but you will still find yourself doing very very well with simple loot.
    Guildie was falling asleep on reaper and murdering entire rooms just by holding down the mouse button. This is not hyperbole, all content is rendered stupid easy by just throwing Inq's at it.

Community Member

Your not CONCERNED with the state of the game. Your concerned with something over performing for everyone who uses it. If I play a paladin, inq doesnt affect my game. If I play a wiz, inq doesnt affect my game. So the STATE OF THE GAME is fine. Its your perspective thats scewed. Because you perceive it to be breaking your game you think it should be fixed. If youve spent several lifes playing an inquisitive youd also see inquisitive isnt the problem. Do they make certain content easier? Yes. Does it break the game? No.
    The problem is that its a universal tree. Inquisitive shouldve been a specific class tree. Fixed. End of discussion.
    Laughable.

Maybe puff a little less of that stuff.

As others have said, and Ill say again, jealousy. Im sure everyone has heard your complaints quite clearly. We dont need 5 posts every day crying about how op the tree is.
    Im concerned about the state of the game. I think Inquisitive needs to be dialed back. (Just putting the penalty to double shot on dual crossbows like we have on repeaters would be enough.)

Go ahead and try to tell me I’m jealous of that power when I’m playing an Inquisitive myself.
    And that is beautiful
    And that is beautiful

Side note - I’m currently knocking out a couple of fire Sorc lives because that’s even more face-smash than most inquisitives at the moment. Figured I’d get that in before Sorc gets nerfed because Sorc will get nerfed before Inq does.
    And that is beautiful
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

Our guidlies toddler is able to effectively play an INQ in Level 30 R5 (in a group, not solo of course). The child can't read and is barely toilet trained (to be fair, nether are most of my guild but I digress).
    Quote Originally Posted by Alled78 View Post
    Why should i use all my neural cells when i can go inqui and go pew pew pew ???

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    Thank you for this insult.

Thank you for proving me that Eliticism is really a thing here, just as I had expected.
    You will never get good at the game playing an easy-button but that literally requires 1 button to clear 99% of the game.

Elitism is a good thing, like greed it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alled78 View Post
    Why should i use all my neural cells when i can go inqui and go pew pew pew ???

Community Member

Laughable.

Maybe puff a little less of that stuff.
    Are you 5? Reverting to making fun of others names? Ipuffnstuff was based off jigglypuff from pokemon because my husbands name was squirtleh2o. So no, I dont do drugs, move along now.

The reason I want inquisitive nerfed is due to how much power it has for being a universal tree. It's getting to a level of dps that was before only obtainable via fully optimizing a well built melee, now you can throw on some gear on a first lifer toon, make it inquis and keep up to pace or even do better than people who have spent a while fine tuning their builds. IDC if they do more dps than me, plenty people do more dps than me, it's how easily they get that dps that is an issue.

Community Member

Are you 5? Reverting to making fun of others names? Ipuffnstuff was based off jigglypuff from pokemon because my husbands name was squirtleh2o. So no, I dont do drugs, move along now.
    Huh. I always thought it was named after HR Pufnstuf...

Community Member

I see a lot of *****ing about inqui doing lots of dps. Which ok yeah, it does. That's a fair observation. But I haven't seen any good arguments for why that's actually a bad thing. It clears content faster - so what? Its a one button playstyle - so what? Everyone else is an inqui - so what?

If it's a playstyle you like, then play it. If it's not, then play what you prefer.

The most common specific complaint I see is melees saying they don't feel useful anymore because sorc+inqui just nukes the room. Well, play more skulls then. Find a place where you can serve your intended role again. If your enjoyment of the game is dependent on everyone else being throttled down to your level so you can feel like a BA, then you need to adapt your expectations to the game, not vice versa.

I personally love the more ARPG style of inqui and think it's the faster paced gameplay the game needed after growing so large and deep.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast