Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Community Manager

Default The DDO Chronicle: Issue 357 is now available!

Thank you for reading the DDO Chronicle! Don't forget to reply below to the Chronicle Comment for your chance to win 500 DDO Points! We'll select a random winner after Noon Eastern on Friday, November 8th. Good luck!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

With all the fake news and alternative facts out there, it is refreshing to have a news source I can trust. Keep up all the good work guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Should DDO dice be able to roll off the screen, like dice roll off tables? What should happen if it does?
    They should roll into your lap and then you have to get them back into the screen.

No, no dice! Dice should be seen and not heard, or worked for......... Basically anything that resembles "math" should be easy............
    "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

Yes. If the roll that hits the floor was good, keep the results. If the roll that hits the floor was bad, then you get to reroll on the table.

Default Love the Chronicle

The best source of things happening in the lands we all know and love. Keep it up guys and gals !! You are amazing and loved ...Should DDO dice be able to roll off the screen, like dice roll off tables? Personally I believe they should. Makes it more real ... What should happen if it does? I'd like to say AUTOMATIC HIGHEST ROLL ... but in reality they'd just be re-rolled!

All mobs freeze in place for 10 seconds while you bend down to pick the dice up off the floor.
    "Swords will cut you wide open!" - Trip Fisk

No.

Community Member

Don't forget to reply below to the Chronicle Comment for your chance to win 500 DDO Points!
    Thats what i do

if the dice fall off the table it should a funny quote from the dm of the dungeon about playing carefully and auto rerolls

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcimerist View Post
    All mobs freeze in place for 10 seconds while you bend down to pick the dice up off the floor.
    ... so, clearly this can already happen. Mobs freeze and dice roll result doesn't appear ... until a short while later when everything resumes and the roll result is displayed.

Greatly prefer this to the alternate way where the mobs don't freeze. Real bother when the roll I'm waiting for is a concentration roll for self-healing spell or positive burst, or the numbers roll for those.

Oh well, only so much that can be done with an asynchronous-input multiplayer thing, and synchronous just isn't technically feasible.
    No longer completely f2p as of November 2014. Father of a few more DDO players.

Default Dice

Should DDO dice be able to roll off the screen, like dice roll off tables? What should happen if it does?
    Yes.

If they do, the players should get to read them however they wish!
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

well personal experience: once the dice roll of the table the cat takes them and they will only be seen again if you ever move all your furniture. so you need to fetch new dice and re-roll.

Community Member

Default Great Just Great

Great source of info and fun!

Default good dice bad dice...

would not mind all kinds dice. play game windowed... multitask
    So I just reincarnated and the only thing left on my character is a 40th anniversary dice that came with cards.... All bank and inventory empty...
    can you remake dice to be in real life bubble gum flavor?
    d20 cherry flavored gum, for those days you have to many 1 and 20's together. should dice roll around, I changed the colour of mine to fluorescent green...

buble gum machine usb with ddo dice gum in it d4 might clog the machine...

off table dice should have a sling shot graphic to reintegrate on a 20

for variety off table dice move 2 3 more notches, when you approach them with mouse pointer

for variety dice colours sould blush when get a 20 like shy to show em off

for variety running dice could bump into other desktop windows...

bad dice could crumble on a one when you try and click on em…

bad dice could squeak, comme screeching to a stop (mouse squeak, or old buss brakes screeching)

Omg just found an 85 gig demo of battlefield V, +lamania, +ddo hardcore my EISA 120 gig nand drive getting full
    Last edited by MichelOue; 11-01-2019 at 04:27 PM.

Hero, Mo Bro H'ro, & MB Super-H'ro ComicRelief's Avatar

Default Weekly Question

Absolutely not! There is such a thing as "too virtual", you know - we don't need to virtualize every little possibility of real life. That said, if they did, per Hoyle's*, all dice, not just the one(s) that fell of the table, are to be re-rolled.

* Hoyle's is generally accepted as one of THE authorities (if not just THE authority, outright) on game rules (including rolling dice).

"...At least it tells us they understand our language; they're just not willing to speak to us in it. -Who knew they were French?"

Community Member Meltone_revenants's Avatar

Did I hear points?!
    Yo, Nimvind loves you if you love him back

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcimerist View Post
    This is the same as my response, except I have to be faster than the dog. Slobbery dice, yuck!
    Tequira Sunrise ~ Josielynne ~ Dawnalynn ~ Litzy so Ditzy

An undisclosed location. I asked my captors but they remain tight lipped.

Yes and if you don't like the roll numbers you can call mulligan and reroll.
    Sometimes I'm too clever for my own good. Bear in mind I'm probably trying to be humorous. Like dodge, it's hit or miss.// Looking for a guild on Orien? Send a tell or mail to Magnifique to join the "Fidelic Brotherhood".

Community Member

Default Replied now send me my 500 points

now send me my 500 points

Thank you for reading the DDO Chronicle! Don't forget to reply below to the Chronicle Comment for your chance to win 500 DDO Points! We'll select a random winner after Noon Eastern on Friday, November 8th. Good luck!

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast