Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Are you saying its misallocation that they have an art guy?

I dont see how you can defend that position. The company NEEDS an art guy. All the coding and systems work is meaningless without the visuals to wrap around it - unless you want DDO to become a MUD...
    This is not a coherent interpretation of my post, which explicitly said "both".

Quote Originally Posted by Kinerd View Post
    I can absolutely say the company has misallocated their resources. If they hadn't, they would be doing both.
    I can absolutely say that nobody in this thread has an accurate breakdown of bugs with priority and effort, along with a list of features to implement with effort, combined with revenue projections and goals and how those all line up. Obviously, they feel they are striking the right balance.

Quote Originally Posted by vassilator View Post
    this is how I relax. I have my coffee in the morning while I play and then get ready for a busy day. when I said trolls stay away that meant comments like these. you're right though it is only a game but one I have devoted 13 years of playing and paying these guys which I refuse to do. I didn't say I was quitting the game merely that I wont pay for their bull**it anymore.
    Well Said.

I agree with the OP. I am willing to play (VIP also) until the winter passes, but I am out holding my breath hoping SSG will turn things around.
    The Shadow Sage of Nusemne

(LYCEUM OF SHADOW): "ONLY FOOLS CALL THE SHADOW EVIL"

An undisclosed location. I asked my captors but they remain tight lipped.

So long as the mechanics keep a stock of K-cups and water in the waiting room coffee maker...

Most of us are 45+ year old men, but there are a lot man-babies pitching fits because they didn't get their favorite brand of num-nums this update. What boggles my mind is the amount of entitlement some of the Generation X players are displaying. Don't get your Depends in a twist just because this next update didn't cater specifically to your demands.

Evolution of a game isn't a sudden event.
    -They rolled out Inquisitive: people love it and people refuse to group with one.
    -People griped about having to run across a wilderness to get to a quest. Here come "Mounts"! People love the idea and other people are offended beyond rational comprehension by them. Most of the coding already existed. It's a win-win-whine.

If you want the game to continue flourishing/adapting/updating, keep putting a little money into the game rather than buying that "Starbucks half-caff double shot loca moccha with a hint of pumpkin spice". The VIP will last the whole month for the same price and not rev you up on a caffeinated sugar high, which may be partly to blame for your forum post jitters.

If you want the game to improve then you should provide cogent, mature feedback and invest some toward it. If you feel, like the OP did, that you just aren't getting your money's worth, then, like the OP did, provide cogent, mature feedback.

But don't throw a tantrum and run amuck, please. Too many of you are taking your cues from reality TV, I think.
    Sometimes I'm too clever for my own good. Bear in mind I'm probably trying to be humorous. Like dodge, it's hit or miss.// Looking for a guild on Orien? Send a tell or mail to Magnifique to join the "Fidelic Brotherhood".

when I said trolls stay away that meant comments like these.
    When you say "Trolls stay away" I assume you mean anyone who disagrees with you. With that said...I have posted (and seen others post) threads where people are commending SSG for providing a great game with fun content. "Trolls" come out in droves to bash these SSG fan boi threads. Since these are public forums...I understand that people with opposing views are allowed to post in the same thread.

You just need to assume you are going to get "Trolls" (opposing views) in your thread as well and just move on.
    Leader of Legion of Eberron on Cannith.

Characters: Loromir & Baldomir....among others.

Quote Originally Posted by krimsonrane View Post
    download eternium to your phone. I haven't played ddo since i did.
    I did...then deleted it within a few days. Never stopped playing DDO.
    Leader of Legion of Eberron on Cannith.

Characters: Loromir & Baldomir....among others.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralDiomedes View Post
    I can absolutely say that nobody in this thread has an accurate breakdown of bugs with priority and effort, along with a list of features to implement with effort, combined with revenue projections and goals and how those all line up. Obviously, they feel they are striking the right balance.
    As I said, they have no reason to address the serious gameplay issues "so long as enough of their customers loudly insist that it's impossible and no one should care." Businesses don't thrive when they are run optimally, they thrive when enough customers are happy with them.

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    Since you will no longer be a paying customer does that mean they no longer need to listen to you?

Depends. Is his mind firmly made up to never spend again, or is he persuadable?

From one (rather cynical) point of view, it's a waste of time to listen to either committed customers, whose money you're getting anyway, or to committed non-customers, whose money you're not getting anyway. It's for the persuadable ones in the middle that you might either drive away currently paying people, or draw in currently non-paying people, that, business-wise, you might choose to pay the most attention to.

...I refuse to pay until I see some of these issues taken care of...
    See, he's declaring himself persuadable. If the devs want his money, they address his concerns. If they don't want his money, they ignore them. I'm not saying his specific concerns are necessarily the best for the game, but dismissing his concerns out of hand simply because he's not a paying customer is bad business practice. Usually business want to understand why they are losing customers or what they can do to keep them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    As a general rule we don't intend for a single spawn area to cause any dungeon alert, and certainly not red dungeon alert. This basically isn't ever a goal in our designs

I am neither for nor against mounts. I'll buy one when they come out, but it wasn't something I was hoping to get. I feel the same way about player housing in games. I always get a house, then I never go there. I doubt that side projects like mounts are taking away from the stuff I really want, which is more quests and expansions. Perhaps a bug fix now and then. I'm sure mounts will make SSG a few bucks, so I'm fine with it to keep DDO going.

Like EverQuest, I think DDO is past the age where there are going to be a lot of new players, so keeping the players you already have and getting them to buy new stuff, like mounts and occasional expansions/quest packs, is about all SSG can hope to accomplish.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jerevth View Post
    So long as the mechanics keep a stock of K-cups and water in the waiting room coffee maker...

Most of us are 45+ year old men, but there are a lot man-babies pitching fits because they didn't get their favorite brand of num-nums this update. What boggles my mind is the amount of entitlement some of the Generation X players are displaying. Don't get your Depends in a twist just because this next update didn't cater specifically to your demands.

Evolution of a game isn't a sudden event.
    -They rolled out Inquisitive: people love it and people refuse to group with one.
    -People griped about having to run across a wilderness to get to a quest. Here come "Mounts"! People love the idea and other people are offended beyond rational comprehension by them. Most of the coding already existed. It's a win-win-whine.

If you want the game to continue flourishing/adapting/updating, keep putting a little money into the game rather than buying that "Starbucks half-caff double shot loca moccha with a hint of pumpkin spice". The VIP will last the whole month for the same price and not rev you up on a caffeinated sugar high, which may be partly to blame for your forum post jitters.

If you want the game to improve then you should provide cogent, mature feedback and invest some toward it. If you feel, like the OP did, that you just aren't getting your money's worth, then, like the OP did, provide cogent, mature feedback.

But don't throw a tantrum and run amuck, please. Too many of you are taking your cues from reality TV, I think.
    This was good. +1

And you shouldn't be wasting money on Starbucks coffee anyway, it's acrid and overpriced.

For what it's worth, it's run "amok".

Quote Originally Posted by Jerevth View Post
    Most of us are 45+ year old men, but there are a lot man-babies pitching fits because they didn't get their favorite brand of num-nums this update. What boggles my mind is the amount of entitlement some of the Generation X players are displaying.
    My bad I can't help but try twist my mind around this little gem to fully get the gist of it ...

* basically, what you are saying would imply that what seperates a man from a kid is a stance towards life that signifies "eat what is served (even if something is quite wrong with the food)" ?

* and you "complain" that them bad "babies" express their unhealthy sense of entitlement, by ... ugh ... "complaining too much" - which they do as due to being underage (of 45) they have not yet reached that special state of enlightenment ?

* at the same time it would seem you have turned that brilliant buddhist stance of not being unhinged by the injustices of life(or game) of yours into - well ... this is kinda neat for its uncanny symetry : the source of your very own sense of entitlement?

* and this in consequence would mean that you would want me to, within some 6 years, grow that same ugly, manly beard of yours? (going by your threshold of coming of age ...)

I am sorry good sir, but I fail to see the structural difference and thus have to decline the beard, I'll even shave my head for good measure and stick with my own zen of complaining and complain about something which actually matters to me because I like it, which is the game ...

In the same venue I will kindly assume in your credit that your complaints about the younger generation also come from worries about something that is dear to you aka from the goodness of your heart, wishing them your level of entit ...er enlightenment by the time they reach the ripe age of manhood at 45 ...

should this post not be to your liking I kindly point thee to the first two sentences of your signature ...

tl;dr: no, not everybody complaining is a dumb kid. not everybody complaining does it out of immaturity and rancor but maybe just cause they love the game like almost everybody still around. you are not helping the forum culture by summarily painting all critical posters in such way.
    Last edited by Eryhn; 11-04-2019 at 07:54 PM.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by MaeveTuohy View Post
    And you shouldn't be wasting money on Starbucks coffee anyway, it's acrid and overpriced.
    Agree to disagree. I drink a lot of Starbucks, no shame.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Agree to disagree. I drink a lot of Starbucks, no shame.
    Try Dunkin's coffee, its way better. I prefer Hazelnut flavored swirl but my hubby prefers dark roast with mocha.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Try Dunkin's coffee, its way better. I prefer Hazelnut flavored swirl but my hubby prefers dark roast with mocha.
    You and Steel would get along.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    You and Steel would get along.
    Only if he wouldn't steal my chocolate filled donuts.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member

Now you have me wanting a mocha.

Time Bandit
    DDO Players Council

No no no ...

This is the final straw :

so after many complaints I have decided to remove my vip status after 13 years of playing. the devs just don't get it. I understand its a business so trolls stay away from commenting but the direction the game is taking is wrong.
    *** do we need mounts in this game . it is not lotro. open areas you run into mobs every few feet travelled and its not like other games where you have to travel an open area to get to another zone. my concern as a long standing fan of the game and paying customer has been the health of the game. put more time into making it more fluid stop the nonsense of night revels which cause major lag. fix the lag issue once and for all. the straw I refered to is the fact that it seems morning downtimes are permanently becoming a twice weekly issue now. I can only play due to life schedule in the mornings so I am paying for what? 2 downtimes sometimes 4 as happened 2 weeks ago.
    I like new content as much as the next guy but if they are not listening to their paying customers then whats the point. I am showing my displeasure by removing my vip status and not paying them any more and also not buying anything more from the store.
    I don't understand why items are BTA now where in years past they were BOE that's another issue. drop rates really suck and finding groups to run is near impossible as the game is losing its player base. adding reaver was a bad idea and the new xp nerf was another bad idea. I really enjoy this game and I will continue to play when it is available as I don't play any other games but I refuse to pay until I see some of these issues taken care of or the devs start to listen to their paying customers and support us to make the game better.
    I want mounts <3
    Social Justice W...arlock (5e toon)
    OkarisRage, Artificer with 3 druid past lives = <3

An undisclosed location. I asked my captors but they remain tight lipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryhn View Post
    My bad I can't help but try twist my mind around this little gem to fully get the gist of it ...

* basically, what you are saying would imply that what seperates a man from a kid is a stance towards life that signifies "eat what is served (even if something is quite wrong with the food)" ?

* and you "complain" that them bad "babies" express their unhealthy sense of entitlement, by ... ugh ... "complaining too much" - which they do as due to being underage (of 45) they have not yet reached that special state of enlightenment ?

* at the same time it would seem you have turned that brilliant buddhist stance of not being unhinged by the injustices of life(or game) of yours into - well ... this is kinda neat for its uncanny symetry : the source of your very own sense of entitlement?

* and this in consequence would mean that you would want me to, within some 6 years, grow that same ugly, manly beard of yours? (going by your threshold of coming of age ...)

I am sorry good sir, but I fail to see the structural difference and thus have to decline the beard, I'll even shave my head for good measure and stick with my own zen of complaining and complain about something which actually matters to me because I like it, which is the game ...

In the same venue I will kindly assume in your credit that your complaints about the younger generation also come from worries about something that is dear to you aka from the goodness of your heart, wishing them your level of entit ...er enlightenment by the time they reach the ripe age of manhood at 45 ...

should this post not be to your liking I kindly point thee to the first two sentences of your signature ...

tl;dr: no, not everybody complaining is a dumb kid. not everybody complaining does it out of immaturity and rancor but maybe just cause they love the game like almost everybody still around. you are not helping the forum culture by summarily painting all critical posters in such way.
    It isn't that people complain. I've complained in the forums as well. I've complained about how a few- just a few- complain, as well.
    It's the manner in which they complain.

I've eaten some miserable meals, and thrown some away uneaten. I didn't conjecture on the lineage of the cook, nor imply favoritism or devious machinations. I suggested more spices, less spices, or ice cream following those atomic hot wings. (My weakness)

Feedback is great.
    Insulting people for failing to provide exactly what one person desires- an individual amongst many- is churlish.

I don't think you were one of the few I was describing.

Shaving your head would imply- to me at least- taking a Zen approach. That would be acceptance without complaint. You are a better soul than I, if so. Better for the heart but I don't think I could achieve that. And I do see irony in my complaints about those who complain, but those folks are a select few. Most people are functional adults, able to state what they don't like or would wish to see in the game without alluding to the "OMG, you devs are killing the game, listen to me I know how to do everything better than you. I'm never playing again. Let me go post in the next thread."

And...

Amok-amok-amok.

I'll remember how to spell it someday, without a gentle reproach.
    Sometimes I'm too clever for my own good. Bear in mind I'm probably trying to be humorous. Like dodge, it's hit or miss.// Looking for a guild on Orien? Send a tell or mail to Magnifique to join the "Fidelic Brotherhood".

Only if he wouldn't steal my chocolate filled donuts.
    intentional pun?
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight Templar of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist); Parked Toons: Katwoemyn (10), Saelegion (4), Alitirala (4), Naerfelka (21)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast