Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1

    Default New Feat: Multitude of Missiles


    120 second cooldown.
    Kobeyashi | Ying

  2. #2

    Default

    Worth noting:

    Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Known Issue: The feat “Multitude of Missiles” is visible. This feat is not going live with U44, and may be subject to change prior to any potential future release.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

    The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

  3. #3
    Community Member Gemini-Dragon357's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    107

    Default Simple Thrown Weapon

    Are Darts and Throwing Daggers the only simple throwing weapons? I was under the impression that throwing hammers/axes are martial. Does this feat work on all non-shuriken throwing weapons?

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini-Dragon357 View Post
    Are Darts and Throwing Daggers the only simple throwing weapons? I was under the impression that throwing hammers/axes are martial. Does this feat work on all non-shuriken throwing weapons?
    This feat doesn't work on anything right now. We'll have more information if it ever becomes scheduled for release.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

    The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

  5. #5
    Community Member K_9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Cheshire, England
    Posts
    241

    Default

    I like the sound of this unexpected new feat as it could open up some new play styles or power up some substantially weaker ones.

    While on this path though, to my knowledge swashbuckler enhancements are still bugged for throwing enhancements so bares looking at.

  6. #6
    Systems Designer
    Lynnabel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    game/cdb/effect/effects-property-2.cdb
    Posts
    2,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K_9 View Post
    swashbuckler enhancements are still bugged for throwing enhancements so bares looking at.
    This was fixed several years ago. If you find this is not the case, let us know!
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

  7. #7
    Community Member K_9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Cheshire, England
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Brilliant if it has, as that shows how long ago I last played a swashbuckler!

    If it's not fixed I'm sure someone will jump in

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    This was fixed several years ago. If you find this is not the case, let us know!
    U fixed IPS for throwing daggers?

    was severely bugged for ravenloft raid throwing dagger
    In game in Cannith as
    Aborim Master (main toon) --- Nickallin (my tank)--- Jjnick (warlock 30) --- Nickpunick ()--- Nickruvido (my healer)--- Nickallinone (shuri build)
    KVP Korthos Village People

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alled78 View Post
    U fixed IPS for throwing daggers?

    was severely bugged for ravenloft raid throwing dagger
    Fate's working fine now. The Wide Open Sky is bugged to hell and back with IPS, though.
    "I prefer the term, 'Freelance Wealth Redistribution Specialist'."

  10. #10
    Community Member Satyriasys's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Worth noting:
    Myriad is a better word than Multitude.
    Join Date: Nov 2009

  11. #11
    Community Member count_spicoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    Is this for real? Are you guys actually thinking of beefing up more ranged playstyles while there isn't a melee to be seen in the game. Really? Shouldn't there be a op thf tree or twf or swf tree coming out first that lets you wipe out a r10 cap quest solo like inquisitive? Man you guys really do hate the front line soldiers/
    Khyber IN BAD COMPANY Longand Drunkmage Sexyheals Fullforce

  12. #12
    FreeDeeOh PsychoBlonde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satyriasys View Post
    Myriad is a better word than Multitude.
    Myriad implies variety. Multitude just implies large numbers. You'd only throw a myriad of missiles if you were throwing a bucket full of different missiles.

    Something more creative might be fun, though. I vote for "Hurlicane"

  13. #13
    FreeDeeOh PsychoBlonde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    6,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by count_spicoli View Post
    Is this for real? Are you guys actually thinking of beefing up more ranged playstyles while there isn't a melee to be seen in the game. Really? Shouldn't there be a op thf tree or twf or swf tree coming out first that lets you wipe out a r10 cap quest solo like inquisitive? Man you guys really do hate the front line soldiers/
    It has looked like they're making some effort to make some of the deprecated combat options useful, and it doesn't get much more deprecated than throwing. I'm still hoping for a dual axe thrower, which may be why this feat mentions "simple" thrown weapons--that excludes axes, hammers, and shuriken. The shuriken already have functionality with monk, and the axes and hammers might go well with an inquisitive-style tree since they got kinda that dwarf feel to them.

  14. #14
    Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council
    Open Guild for All Founder - Hardcore

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by psychoblonde View Post
    myriad implies variety. Multitude just implies large numbers. You'd only throw a myriad of missiles if you were throwing a bucket full of different missiles.

    Something more creative might be fun, though. I vote for "hurlicane"
    +1
    lol

  15. #15
    Community Member CSQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    597

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    Myriad implies variety. Multitude just implies large numbers. You'd only throw a myriad of missiles if you were throwing a bucket full of different missiles.

    Something more creative might be fun, though. I vote for "Hurlicane"
    Or, if you want the alliteration, Hurricane of Huckables (or Hurlables, neither is a real word but whatever).
    I primarily play Zunzyne Siegemaker, and am the guild master of Ares Macrotechnology on Ghallanda.
    Reaper Experience Calculator: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ewE/edit#gid=0 (out of date as of U42.4, needs testing for new values)

  16. #16
    Systems Designer
    Lynnabel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    game/cdb/effect/effects-property-2.cdb
    Posts
    2,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alled78 View Post
    U fixed IPS for throwing daggers?

    was severely bugged for ravenloft raid throwing dagger
    Just fixed this now.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

  17. #17
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CSQ View Post
    Or, if you want the alliteration, Hurricane of Huckables (or Hurlables, neither is a real word but whatever).
    I think "barrage" is probably the best descriptor for what it does, and I cant think of too many other places where that word is used yet in DDO

    But if you want a more clever allusion to weather phenomena, how about "Throwstorm"? Could even recycle some icy GFX to go with it

  18. #18
    Community Member Jerevth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    An undisclosed location. I asked my captors but they remain tight lipped.
    Posts
    438

    Default

    "Forecast for Mobs: Don't forget your shield today- we have a knifebomb forming in the north east corridors of the dungeon..."
    Then the more charismatic mobs will come up with names for the events, "Super shurricane Joline." When will the hype and glam end?

    Oh yeah, at "recall".
    Sometimes I'm too clever for my own good. Bear in mind I'm probably trying to be humorous. Like dodge, it's hit or miss.// Looking for a guild on Orien? Send a tell or mail to Magnifique to join the "Fidelic Brotherhood".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload