Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    175

    Default Archmage pass for Keep on the Borderlands?

    Anybody know if we'll see the Archmage tree get a much needed revamp with the new adventure pack?

    Thanks!

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Montegue View Post
    Anybody know if we'll see the Archmage tree get a much needed revamp with the new adventure pack?

    Thanks!
    There is no Archmage Pass in U44; while we'd like to make adjustments to Archmage, we do not have that attached to a particular Update at this time.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

    The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    There is no Archmage Pass in U44; while we'd like to make adjustments to Archmage, we do not have that attached to a particular Update at this time.
    Well, boo.

    Thanks for the reply! I asked the same question in the official discussion thread as well, but you've answered it here. Hope you guys get to it soon. I wanna be Elminster-esque. :P

  4. #4
    Founder & Hero cdbd3rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Escaping Mizzery in the Tavern Attic.
    Posts
    27,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Montegue View Post
    ... I wanna be Elminster-esque. :P
    Can do that now with any current AM build. Step into quest, pike at the entrance, step out after everyone else does the work and take credit for a successful quest.

    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

  5. #5
    Cosmetic Guru Aelonwy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    5,752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Can do that now with any current AM build. Step into quest, pike at the entrance, step out after everyone else does the work and take credit for a successful quest.

    Indeed. But don't forget to take credit or it won't be Elminster-esque. Really rub their noses in how great you are for doing absolutely nothing but showing up... at the very end. Its the key to the whole build.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Outside the gates of the Academy
    Posts
    181

    Default

    And the slow walk, don't forget the slow walk. Combine that with a kind of Mass Hold or Mass Barrier that keeps the party from advancing until you've slow walked a specific, irritation-producing distance.
    "I didn't change my mind, It changed all by itself" – Luna

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    175

    Default

    This is all, like, really great advice. Thanks! Anyone have a build suggestion or gear set so I can do this stuff? I suppose I can probably drop run speed for, I don't know... bluff?

  8. #8
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Montegue View Post
    This is all, like, really great advice. Thanks! Anyone have a build suggestion or gear set so I can do this stuff? I suppose I can probably drop run speed for, I don't know... bluff?
    I don't know.... I mean bluff might be alright since the build has to be able to convince the other players you actually did something. But an alternative build would be diplomacy. I'm not sure what's more optimal though and so wouldn't know which one can get higher DC's. Also, I mean, INT only has to be high enough for Mass Hold/Barrier and Teleport to End of Quest but your main focus should be CHA for Bluff/Diplomacy. Beyond that gearing really is up to you.

    I hear Korthos Gear is optimal as you won't actually be fighting. But you could just wear cosmetic armor and and have no gear on at all, saves on inventory space.

    If anyone else has more to suggest I'm open to ideas.


    Karnasis (Human Wizard, Pale Master, Level 27), Taldall (Half-Orc, Monk- Perpetually abandoned)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload