Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default U44 Preview 1: Mounts

Disclaimer
    Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release.

Update 44 is expected to include the introduction of mounts for player characters in DDO! Mounts can be accessed in the preview server by speaking to the Loot Guy in the center of the test dojo or from Quaal of Vesve at the stables in the Keep on the Borderlands. Either of those characters will give you items that can be used from your inventory and then summon a mount.

• Mounts can be summoned in public areas or Adventure Areas. (They can not be summoned/used in Dungeons)
    • Mounts grant either +80% movement speed or +100% movement speed depending on the type.
    • Characters may not engage in combat while on a mount.
    • You can dismount by hitting the "block" key (defaults to left shift).
    • There is a chance, upon taking damage, to auto dismount.

In this preview there are 4 different visual variations of horse mounts with an 80% speed version and a 100% speed version of all 4.

Known Issues
    • There are a variety of small clipping and animation issues. Please tell us about all of them that you find and include the race/gender that you witnessed them on.
    • Firing a ranged weapon does not currently dismount you.
    Last edited by Cocomajobo; 10-29-2019 at 02:26 PM.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

PDK Bard/FVS/FTR + Horse....

>>Officer of the DDOpl Guild<<>>Cannith<<
    Isioviel Jr'eness 31th - the Completionist
    Finghin Al'Roeg 4rd life Warlock .......Seljuck 4th life Barbarian
    If you like my posts, consider adding to my reputation. Thank You.

Any chance we could get a separate keybind for dismounting? If it just defaults to shift because that's the default block key, that's fine, but I have my block key rebound to alt to not interfere with hotbar keybinds and would rather be able to use whatever key I like for mounts (not sure yet, but whatever feels natural while riding).
    I primarily play Zunzyne Siegemaker, and am the guild master of Ares Macrotechnology on Ghallanda.
    Reaper Experience Calculator: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ewE/edit#gid=0 (out of date as of U42.4, needs testing for new values)

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Characters may not engage in combat while on a mount.
    How does this interact with passive/aura abilities? PM/ES auras for damage, and stuff like Wall of Fire or Flame Turret for dealing damage after you're gone. What about Symbol of Flame, if it goes off 3 minutes after I leave an area?
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seljuck View Post
    PDK Bard/FVS/FTR + Horse....

A horse walks into a bar, and the bartender says...
    I gave up a life of farming to become an Adventurer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

I presume you haven't added all the shadows and textures to the new Wilderness as it appeared slightly bright and fairytale. So I suspect that will look a lot better when it gets polished.

There's a horse tied to my ankle, a dog hanging off my elbow.

When mounted, there was some strange behaviour with the mobs in Korthos Island. For some reason the mobs didn't seem to notice me even when I was wandering around in front of them, etc.

All I need is Two white horses in a line.

The steed I was riding seemed to be functioning correctly with regarding to moving although of course occasionally the front feet overshot things like high walls or ledges. Obviously I noticed some people's cloaks in the Dojo also didn't wrap around the horses rear and went straight through the horse hindquarters.

The jump animation while on a horse seemed off, horses spread their legs wider when they jump. Side stepping left or right also didn't seem as realistic although forward and backward was just fine.

I liked the horses visuals okay but their manes looked too much like marker or crayon. I'm not sure how to describe what looked not-right on my screen.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Default Threnal

Out of curiosity, can you ride a mount in Threnal wilderness area?

Should disable mounts indoors for traders, vendors, banks, any other indoor locations, or guildships etc... keep your ride outside.
    or
    make them invisible/translucent so they do not visually block other players trying to interact with vendors indoors.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 30/42 , RC 36/36 , IC 12/21 , EC 29/36 , RP 85/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/42 , RC 0/36 , IC 15/21 , EC 36/36 , RP 36/158..favor toon)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/42 , RC 19/36 , IC 15/21 , EC 19/36 , RP 63/158)

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    Should disable mounts indoors for traders, vendors, banks, any other indoor locations, or guildships etc... keep your ride outside.
    or
    make them invisible/translucent so they do not visually block other players trying to interact with vendors indoors.
    ^This^

I don't want to board my airship and have to see a dozen horses crammed around the banker.
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

Yeah, noticed that in the Test Dojo; a half-dozen players on mounts around one NPC effectively swallows that interaction point.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasHunter View Post
    Not sure, but you can for the Cerulean Hills. Which makes Explorers a breeze, if(!) your fast horse can stay ahead of the Dungeon Alert (which goes Red surprisingly fast!)

Default Sprinting

Was it considered to add sprinting to mounts? Add a stamina bar, hold down Left Shift to sprint. The first thing I did was, instinctively from Black Desert Online, was hold down Shift to sprint, lol, fail. Something to consider later down the road?

After riding a mount in-game for about 15 minutes:

- Animation: Jump animation hitches and obviously is a work in progress. Walking sideways looks very derpy, like my horse has 8 joints in its legs. Running forward or backward is acceptable.

- Equipment: My horse was, for some reason, carrying my orb between its front legs (this was on a male tiefling).

- Sound: I like the sound of the horse's hooves on wood or stone, but I strongly dislike the 'plurp' sounds when running over cobbled streets. It sounds really disgusting. Also the UI sounds, in general, seem louder than normal.
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

Ultimate Completionist
    2014 DDO Players Council

Bought a mount in the dojo, went to the treasure room of dojo, when left, mount turned invisible (like a weapon does at times), mount reappeared when entered marketplace.

Movement speed functioned as normal.

Mounts cannot climb marketplace ladders which would seem to be working as intended.

Filing bug report.

When I upgraded to a faster mount in the Keep, my existing horse automatically become a Chestnut as far as I could tell. There seems to be some issue with the horse names when upgrading at the Keep vendor.

When new types of mounts are eventually added, please consider adding a stable area with an NPC mount vendor to both Stormreach and Sharn.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Update 44 is expected to include the introduction of mounts for player characters in DDO!
    When will we finally read you are going to fix existing quests ? They've worked fine for ages now we can see new bugs every day !

And mounts are completely useless and unnecessary addition to DDO, sorry. :-\

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKernel View Post
    When will we finally read you are going to fix existing quests ? They've worked fine for ages now we can see new bugs every day !

And mounts are completely useless and unnecessary addition to DDO, sorry. :-\

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasHunter View Post
    The rules lawyer GM in me wants to say no, because it doesn't feel like a wilderness area, any more than say...the steam tunnels is a wilderness area. On the bright side, mounts may make it easier for me to get my friends to play Sorrowdusk, because alot of the main complaints is that it takes too long to go to and from quests, and the xp/minute isn't really worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by DYWYPI View Post
    I presume you haven't added all the shadows and textures to the new Wilderness as it appeared slightly bright and fairytale. So I suspect that will look a lot better when it gets polished.
    Hey DYWYPI! Since this pack is designed to be more of a Fairytale / Medieval setting, we intentionally made it brighter and more cheery. However you are correct in that the shadows in your game are lacking.

It looks like you aren't running with DX11 (Graphics Hardware Level). Since most of the shadows are dynamic (meaning they move) I don't believe they will show up on DX9. I would also check your shadow settings in Options -> Adv Graphics. Here is what it should look like:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast