Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Community Member

I think that in this loot (and in those from the recent packs) there are very poor synergies in the items for palemasters.

Please keep the caster damage attributes (nullification, intelligence, void lore... ) separate from survival items (negative healing, constitution, light resistance...).

The new PM has been designed for many character designs. Many caster properties are useless for some play styles. Also in some cases, a caster wants to increase survivability without wasting extra nullification in his items. This is particularly painful once you start to consider the quality and insightful attribute types.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's worth noting that yes, that's exactly what they are. They have a drop rate of 100% (just like Korthos gear). This isn't meant to be best in slot, wear me until level 10 gear... it's for the alternate new player experience. I would consider any item on this level 1 list that becomes some coveted focal point to a build a pretty objective failure, to be honest.
    That is disappointing to hear. Hey I don't wear Necklace of Contemplation til 10, or Trapblast Goggles either. But they are actually useful for a few levels. That doesn't need to be true of every item ML:1 in this pack but it would be nice for it to have something exciting at that level.

Look at this another way. When is the last time the game added ANY quests below level 6? Sharn and 3BC were before free to play right, so it must be the carnival quests in House P, thats update 5. Wow. So you have the new level 6 quests more recently, but there haven't been new 1/2 quests since the game opened, have there? Now you're introducing new level 1 quests under the name of a classic, beloved module. I just think this is a very appropriate opportunity to add 3-4 new classic low level items that stand out the way some past items have.

If we need to add some sort of chain reward with something spicy, like some sort of Korthos-mirroring series of set bonuses, then sure, that's doable. I can definitely throw in a few cool clickies, too, I hear Expeditious Retreat is all the rage at level 1. It's very unlikely that the in-quest guaranteed drop items will become high intensity, extremely coveted items, though.
    If it's too late to make a change to the quest dropped loot, is it an option to add some rare drops in the wilderness that stand out? Set bonus may be ok too. But if I were in your shoes I couldn't bear to let this launch without some items that stand out the way "Keep on the Borderlands" rings loud in classic D&D lore.

Quote Originally Posted by hit_fido View Post
    If it's too late to make a change to the quest dropped loot, is it an option to add some rare drops in the wilderness that stand out? Set bonus may be ok too. But if I were in your shoes I couldn't bear to let this launch without some items that stand out the way "Keep on the Borderlands" rings loud in classic D&D lore.
    I think this is a pretty good compromise if it is too late to make changes to the 100% drop rate loot.

Moderatly reformed forum lurker.

"Hi, Lurker"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by spyder7723 View Post
    Are you suggesting a return to the n/h/e level loot like we have in gianthold? I didn't mind that as much as most did so sure, I'm on board. Now ya just got to convince the developers.
    sort of yes. Not sure how the new weapons are acquired but if it is similar to ravenloft then just have 2 different npcs ; one for level 20 weapons and one for level 21 weapons

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Cloak Slot
    Globe of Incandescence Orb
    Minimum Level: 21
    • Spellcasting Implement +21
    • Healing Lore +17%
    • Devotion +115
    • Insightful Devotion +57
    • Quality Magical Sheltering +6
    • Empty Purple Augment Slot
    incandescent
    [ in-kuhn-des-uhnt ]
    ||
    adjective
    (of light) produced by incandescence.
    glowing or white with heat.
    intensely bright; brilliant.
    Since there appear to be no named items in this list that boost force power, and given the name of this item, how about making it Light/Alignment spell power instead (or in addition)?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HuneyMunster View Post
    I compared it to include the set bonus due to the augment slots. You can slot +1 Resistance or Ability which would cost either 300 remnants. Alternatively 4 Astral Shards ability or a random augment from collectibles.
    As far as I know skill augments are from random chest loot and store only that start at ML3.
    I wonder if more than 3 people in the future of DDO will put an augment in such a throwaway item.
    Comparing these items as if they were slotted is skewed in my opinion.

After all, and I quote:
    I don't expect them to hang on to a lot of this stuff. If you find it and can throw it on and then trash it when you find anything better, that's a win
    But, that might have been the reasoning that was made when designing all these items.

@Lynnabel, could you just replace all these slots with an actual secondary stat so that when you wear the item for the time being it's not as useless?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rull View Post
    I wonder if more than 3 people in the future of DDO will put an augment in such a throwaway item.
    Comparing these items as if they were slotted is skewed in my opinion.

After all, and I quote:

But, that might have been the reasoning that was made when designing all these items.

@Lynnabel, could you just replace all these slots with an actual secondary stat so that when you wear the item for the time being it's not as useless?
    Putting slots on items designed to be thrown out.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by red_kain View Post
    Looked at the gear, a lot of it seems good. Biggest issue I see is the level 21 requirement for the epic gear, please make it 20 or change Epic reincarnation to start at 21. Personally I will never keep sets of 20 and 21 gear, its one or the other. Weapons and maybe trap swap items excepted? Level 21 named items should always be pushed down to 20 in my opinion
    Thank you for writing this better than I could.

Community Member Gemini-Dragon357's Avatar

There is a +1 heroic item for 5 of the 6 stats. Wisdom is missing or am I not seeing it?

It would be nice to see a heroic false life item too, Korthos has that +5 false life belt. It comes in handy at level 1.

1) Is the lack of sentience acceptance on the epic weapons intentional?
    2) If so, why?
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • NEW - Setting Unarmed Strike back to what it was and attacking the real problem: Reinforced Fists items.
    • Fix the flipping non-proficiency penalties for Bear and Wolf wildshapes!
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.
    • Keep Lynnabel on task with updating the remaining legacy named loot to not suck.
    • Tiering the Runearms so that artificers aren’t screwed out of the advantages of Cannith Crafting in Epic levels on their signature item.
    • Finishing the enhancement tree passes (including racial PrE’s) before rolling out yet another DDOStore™ Enhancement Tree.

Community Member

Gave the weapons a once over and they need some work. An idea to improve them but not make them best in slot is this:

Sworn silver add everbright please.

Epic sworn silver replace unnatural bane with a light damage on hit and replace righteousness with everbright.

Allows for players to have low level ooze weapons and epic ooze weapons of their preferred weapon type while not making them best in slot for damaging other stuff. Currently the epic version overlaps with what the ethereal weapon does and you are just better off using using one of those. These changes gives it a useful niche while not invalidating the wpm weapons or drow weapon master stuff.

Would I like my choice of weapon with damage on hit/ on crit and a useful cc ability absolutely but that does not seem to be the direction the devs want to go.

On the flip side it sure seems like casters are going to get a large boost from all of this incoming gear which is nice.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by capsela View Post
    Putting slots on items designed to be thrown out.
    I can remove the slots if you would like.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

I love the item suggestions in this thread for the level 1 gear. Great ideas.

I personally think slots on level 1 items is probably not needed - vets won't use 'em and newbies will not know what or how. Also, isn't the movement to have players use less augments until the tech is improved?

A couple of side notes for me:

* I do think if you give Featherfall here, the Cloak of Feathers from Korthos should be perm Featherfall as well. Or make them both x3 clickies.

* On Hardcore, I ran Cannith Crystal (protect the warming crystal quest) and pulled a Bottle of Air (1st time since Korthos was released). Makes me ask whether or not such random loot also be a possibility in the Borderlands? And the Ring of Water Breathing from Korthos could use a bump to x3 clickie ...
    Last edited by Hafeal; 11-01-2019 at 06:04 PM.
    The evolution of DDO: Stormreach to Eberron Unlimited to Dungeons & Dragons Online
    -1- -2- -3- -4- -5- -6- -7- -8- -9- -10 - -11- -12!! years & still spawning kobolds
    From Turbine to SSG, who are the devs anyway? DDO Peeps Tracker

Dunno if the gear is bta or btc, i read u said it was guaranteed as korthos gear, but dunno if it's bta or btc, if it's bta it could make sense slotting something (cause there're few ml/no ml augments)

But if the gear is btc... Not sure if someone would slot that gear, at least altoholics like me won't, maybe ppl who play only 1 toon can slot it (guess my ml1 regeneration and persuasion ring with master gift will be changed if the gear is bta lol)
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Community Member

I don't really care about level 1 gear personally, but I can see the perspective that wants something besides slots. Being level 1 gear, it's all disposable ie it won't be worn long at all, so the slot is wasted. Almost anything else would be better.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by GramercyRiff View Post
    I don't really care about level 1 gear personally, but I can see the perspective that wants something besides slots. Being level 1 gear, it's all disposable ie it won't be worn long at all, so the slot is wasted. Almost anything else would be better.
    Augment slots do not replace aspects of gear design. Your choices here are either slots or no slots.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Augment slots do not replace aspects of gear design. Your choices here are either slots or no slots.
    Well, if you can't replace the slots with another power, leave the slots in, I say.
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown

Hi Welcome

Community Member

Well I don't care one way or another. I'll let others chime in on what they want.

I am curious as to why some things have only one buff and others have two buffs.

The epic gear is rad. That's the gear I care about and I like it.

The Bashful Balladeer nazgul748's Avatar

The problem I see for newer players is that once the augment is slotted in a throw away item, it's either lost or they'll have to acquire a jeweler's tool kit. While that might be good for sales, it may not be for player retention. I vote remove the slots on the new level one gear and maybe add a clickie or two.

Community Member

I'd still choose no slots.
    I mean obviously slots would theoretically be more powerful, but I would rather have somewhat coherent items in the game.
    On these items the slots are just cognitive clutter (or a bit of a trap even).

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast