Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default U44 Preview 1: 10/29-10/31

Disclaimer
    Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release.

Hello, all! Preview 1 of Update 44 is open! It will remain open until sometime in the late afternoon (Eastern) of Thursday October 31st. There will be a dev event on Wednesday October 30th from 8-10 PM Eastern where members of the DDO team will be available to collect feedback and answer questions in real time on Lamannia.

This preview contains the following features:

In addition to those main features there are an assortment of smaller changes and/or bugfixes which are listed below

Character
    • The Base Attack Speed for bows and throwing weapons has been adjusted for a better experience in the Heroic levels, while keeping the current maximum attack speed at Base Attack Bonus 25 and above. This change approximately doubles the relationship between Base Attack Bonus and Attack Speed, but adjusts the per-level progression to provide less of a per-level increase. Players at all levels should experience an increase in animation smoothness and Attack Speed, with the increase tapering off as your Base Attack Bonus increases.
    • Dodge values can no longer be reduced below zero.
    • Spells: Thunderstroke no longer goes through Spell Absorption.
    • Spells: Rend the Soul no longer puts Thunderstrike on cooldown.
    • Spells: Admixture Spells now accept the Accelerate Spell Metamagic. The Accelerate Spell Metamagic is not trainable at this time.
    • Bard: Swashbuckler: Coup de Grace now properly requires five levels of Bard.
    • Cleric/Favored Soul: Warpriest and War Soul's Wrathful Weapon damage now properly hits undead.
    • Druid: Druidic Survival Mastery now applies more consistently.
    • Monk: Touch of Despair now applies its debuff more reliably.
    • Rogue/Artificer: Several versions of Wrack Construct no longer use placeholder icons.
    • Rogue/Artificer: Wrack Construct in the Mechanic and Battle Engineer trees have had their descriptions updated.
    • Wizard: Pale Master: Some text has been cleaned up in Pale Master enhancement tree descriptions.
    • Wizard: Pale Master: Characters may benefit from the feat "Rapid Reload" while Zombie Form is toggled on.
    • Vistani Knife Fighter: Fixed an issue with one of the Vistani Knife Fighter cores not affecting the two-weapon fighting style. The enhancement has been re-written to affect all melee combat styles.

Items
    • Items that grant Negative Spell Power now also grant an equivalent amount of Poison Spell Power. Their tooltips have been updated to reflect this as well.
    • Several new Night Revels weapons that were dealing Piercing instead of their standard damage types now deal their standard damage type.
    • Fixed a typo in the "Frozen Aether" effect tooltip. (Can be found on the Long Bow "Void, the Endless Cold")
    • The Esoteric Initiate set bonus now has a more accurate tooltip.
    • The Feywild Dreamer set now provides its correct stats.
    • Several items that had their skill or alacrity bonuses adjusted erroneously are now back to their proper values.
    • The Shattered Device filigree set now applies on melee strikes.
    • Fulcrum Shift has been redesigned, and is now: Kick 'Em While They're Down: You have +5 to-hit and damage to enemies that are knocked down or stunned.

Quests
    • Crystal Lasers and Mirror Puzzles have been updated. Laser sources no longer shoot a beam unless there is a mirror at the end of it. Corrected an issue where the laser fails to appear on a valid match.
    • Fixed several typos in Killing Time and Tavern Brawl.
    • Fixed some typos in Alynda d'Cannith's dialogue.
    • Fixed typos in Temple of the Deathwyrm.

Sound
    • Added new footstep sounds for players adventuring on Gravel-like terrain
    • Audited our existing footstep sounds, and applied correct sounds to different terrain types

UI
    • In the Looking For Group Menu: The Open Group listing for classes now properly includes Warlocks and will no longer include Epic levels as per its class designation.
    • There is a new "+" side-tab off of the "Stats" tab of the Character Sheet Menu. This displays the following statistics:
      • Avoidance Defenses
        • Incorporeality
        • Concealment
      • Saving Throws
        • Saves vs Spells
        • Saves vs Traps
        • Saves vs Fear
        • Saves vs Enchantment
        • Saves vs Curses
        • Saves vs Illusions
        • Saves vs Sleep
        • Saves vs Diseases
        • Saves vs Exhaustion
        • Saves vs Nausea
        • Saves vs Paralysis
        • Saves vs Poison
      • Elemental Defenses
        • Acid Resistance
        • Cold Resistance
        • Electric Resistance
        • Fire Resistance
        • Light Resistance
        • Negative Resistance
        • Poison Resistance
        • Sonic Resistance
        • Acid Absorption
        • Chaos Absorption
        • Cold Absorption
        • Electric Absorption
        • Evil Absorption
        • Fire Absorption
        • Force Absorption
        • Good Absorption
        • Lawful Absorption
        • Light Absorption
        • Negative Absorption
        • Poison Absorption
        • Sonic Absorption
      • Movement
        • Movement Speed Multiplier
      • Spellcasting
        • Spell Cost Reduction
        • Spell Threat Multiplier
        • Spell Penetration Bonuses
      • General Combat
        • Fortification Bypass
        • Dodge Bypass
      • Melee Combat
        • One Handed Attack Speed Bonus
        • Two Weapon Attack Speed Bonus
        • Quarterstaff Attack Speed Bonus
        • Shield Attack Speed Bonus
        • Offhand Hit Chance
        • Offhand Doublestrike
        • Glancing Blow Damage
        • Glancing Blow Proc Chance
        • Melee Threat Multiplier
      • Ranged Combat
        • Thrown Attack Speed Bonus
        • Non-Repeating Crossbow Attack Speed Bonus
        • Repeating Crossbow Attack Speed Bonus
        • Ranged Threat Multiplier
    • The Open Group listing for classes now properly includes Warlocks, and will no longer include Epic levels as per its class designation.
    • The member list in the Guild panel now properly displays the proper class icons if you have three classes and Epic levels on a character.
    • The Hardcore League leaderboard now displays the rank number next to the character name.
    • Shortcut bar icons for active abilities that have a hit point or ki cost now properly grey out based on current values.
    • When a character dies, the text in the Combat Log telling you how you died is now an eye-catching red.
    • Players can now use the word Hardcore in their Guild Message of the Day.
    • The quest panel in the Adventure Compendium now displays Heroic quest level and Epic quest level in separate columns, and allows sorting by Epic quest level.
    • The quest panel in the Adventure Compendium now defaults to sorting by Heroic quest level, and remembers your most recent sort order when re-opening the window.

Known Issues
    • Several Feats, Enhancements, Wands, and Scrolls now mention the existence of the Alchemist class and some of its enhancements.
    • The feat “Multitude of Missiles” is visible. This feat is not going live with U44, and may be subject to change prior to any potential future release.
    Last edited by Cocomajobo; 10-29-2019 at 02:03 PM.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Community Member thomascoolone64's Avatar

But coco, i work most of the day on weekdays... why not on a weekend were more people can play and test content???
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post

"Ignore the text in the Lamannia launcher claiming to be from Middle Earth. Wat?"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    A new side tab in the Stats section of the Character Sheet that displays a wide variety of statistics
    Does this mean that "/death count" will be deprecated?

• A new side tab in the Stats section of the Character Sheet that displays a wide variety of statistics
    • Adventure Compendium Heroic/Epic Quest level sorting
    I like that, very interresting.
    Guild I'm one of a kind, Khyber (Originally from Riedra)
    Current Crew: Raika ~ Carolanne ~ Sulthania ~ Yasminne ~ Zazette
    Semi-Retired Crew: Rosanna ~ Venusia ~ Coriza ~ Carelle
    Retired Crew: Alexandra ~ Samara ~ Zaretta ~ Katina ~ Nathalya ~ Kristina ~ Nausikaa ~ Carietta ~ Isabella ~ Zyvorra ~ Hetoff
    Guild The Ashen, Khyber
    Retired Crew: Zazumi

Awesome news! IIRC the new quests will be heroic level 1, correct?
    Leader of the Crusaders of Heaven, Khyber
    Guild is currently Level 140 - We are always openly recruiting.
    PM: Josetta / Sarahanne
    "This is why we can't have nice things."

Quote Originally Posted by xaul17 View Post
    Awesome news! IIRC the new quests will be heroic level 1, correct?
    Heroic 1-2, Epic 21-22

UI Quality of Life Additions:
    • A new side tab in the Stats section of the Character Sheet that displays a wide variety of statistics
    • Adventure Compendium Heroic/Epic Quest level sorting

YAY!
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Mounts??

Quote Originally Posted by irnimnode View Post
    Mounts??
    Yes, mounts!

Cordovan did a quick look at them already in this weeks livestream. You can watch the mounts portion of the livestream here.

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Community Member

Sounds good, especially the quest list revamp and the extra tab for stats.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up really liking the mounts even if I was lukewarm to start.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yamani View Post
    Heroic 1-2, Epic 21-22
    Hmm, first WPM and now this. I wonder what broke the moratorium on new 20-25 content. I hope they’re decent to run at level, WPM pack is alright if you exclude Big Deal, so I’m hopeful.

Levels?

I get there's gonna low-level stuff (1-4?) but what about Epic level ranges?
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Levels?

I get there's gonna low-level stuff (1-4?) but what about Epic level ranges?
    Heroic 1-2
    Epic 21-22

Heroic 1-2
    Epic 21-22
    Thank you.
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Community Member

Default Mounts

Quote Originally Posted by irnimnode View Post
    Mounts??
    Does that mean the noobs will quit trying to ride my back to 30?

Is the Feywild Dreamer set among the bugfixes? It's been a few weeks, now.

Also, yay! I can't wait to see the stats tab, I'm assuming it has useful information like spell penetration, tactics/spells DC's, etc?
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

Heroic 1-2
    Epic 21-22
    Ah so dead on arrival content?

I get the need for new starter type areas for heroics, and I sort of get the concept for epics however the problem comes down to reality:

Unless the xp is worth it people are likely to do other stuff in epic. The WPM set is an example, the other quests were a novelty and played through them got the few useful clickies offered and moved on never to be seen again. WPM itself is the only one that ever gets visited regularly.
    On the bright side saves my premium accounts pack purchases.
    In epics you can run content under level no penalties but not the other way around. If you want to revitalise running the older content just upgrade the loot to modern scales.
    Milacias of Kyber

Leader of the Crimson Eagles Kyber

The Myth- TR will make my character powerful
    The Reality- Those kobolds in Water Works won’t have a chance but nothing else cares-Learn to play your build and all its abilities in actual difficult content, get gear and reaper points in level 30+ content and raids.

Community Member

Default I love you

UI Quality of Life Additions:
    - A new side tab in the Stats section of the Character Sheet that displays a wide variety of statistics
    - Adventure Compendium Heroic/Epic Quest level sorting
    - Miscellaneous smaller features and bugfixes

Omg, I feel like a child again.
    Thank you.

Miscellaneous smaller features and bugfixes
    Why do I feel like this is where all the important stuff will be mentioned?

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by janave View Post
    Why do I feel like this is where all the important stuff will be mentioned?
    Brace yourself, these are some chonky patch notes.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast