Community Member

Default Stat of Damage query

I am currently on 7th life, playing a Wisdom-based FVS Inquisitive, and at level 6 (rank 28) got enough AP to take Divine Inquisition.

After logging out and in again - which seems to be a bug - my reported plus damage on light crossbow jumped from +14 to +23, although my Wisdom bonus is +6.

I have tried looking it up on line, without success. Why does +6 stat bonus give +9 damage? (It only gives +6 to Hit)

Community Member

Any chance you're running Divine Will from Warpriest, or any of the Righteous Weapons line from the same tree?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Discpsycho View Post
    Any chance you're running Divine Will from Warpriest, or any of the Righteous Weapons line from the same tree?
    You mean War Soul.

No, all my AP so far are in Inquisitive, apart from 2 Racial AP in Gnome.

I forgot about:

Follower of the Sovereign Host
    Child of the Sovereign Host

But either they only work for long swords, or they work for the favoured weapon once crossbows become favoured, in which case the two combined should be giving me +3 to hit, and +2 to damage.

But when crossbows became my favoured weapon, I got an additional +3 damage more than my stat bonus (instead of +2), and 0 more than my stat bonus to hit (instead of +3).
    Last edited by Zarkarion; 10-25-2019 at 12:57 PM.