Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TitusOvid View Post
    So I can be attacked on the mount but I can't fight back on the mount. It is just to go 80% in public - bumping into things - and wilderness. If the mounts would look cool or move nicely, that would be nice for the fluff. But they don't. So it is kind of redundant.
    I would've rather liked to see more teleportation locations and farshifters or something alike for wildernesses. Something that really makes a difference.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    My thoughts exactly.

This is basically the devs deciding not to put slayer teleports in the game and instead charging players for a similar effect.

I would call this stealing.... but I don’t think it’s stealing. Even though people are dumb enough to throw money at you like they’re in a pony themed strip club, it’s still their money to spend as they please I guess.

Should add an upgrade option that transforms the cuti-pets from the pet inventory into rideable mounts.

activate upgrade to...

Last edited by JOTMON; 10-23-2019 at 08:05 PM.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 30/42 , RC 36/36 , IC 12/21 , EC 29/36 , RP 85/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/42 , RC 0/36 , IC 15/21 , EC 36/36 , RP 36/158..favor toon)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/42 , RC 19/36 , IC 15/21 , EC 19/36 , RP 63/158)

Community Member

Mounted combat could be AWESOME.

Sell a "Knight" enhancement line to go along with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alled78 View Post
    Why should i use all my neural cells when i can go inqui and go pew pew pew ???

Quote Originally Posted by Kaboom2112 View Post
    Mounted combat could be AWESOME.

Sell a "Knight" enhancement line to go along with it.
    I'm waiting for this combat mount.

Still waiting for housing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    No one that throws together a bunch of numbers and calls it fact is going to give you and real accurate answer, there's too many variables and it's all biased towards there own personal outlooks on how it should be, not how it is. Numbers are too easy to manipulate.
    So sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by TitusOvid View Post
    Oh come on, they will ***** all over the marketplace ... We need a manure vendor then.
    You need a SHOVEL vendor. There's going to be plenty of manure.

I can see (smell) it now! New to DDO: Clear the market! Players can now compete to clean the market of manure! For each "pile" you clear within the timelimit, you will recieve 1 token of the shovel! You can use this token for various things, including training the new skill: Mount riding!

Community Member

Default Dog with a saddle

My gnome has a dog with a saddle. I should be able to use that!

Community Member

dont seem super useful but as long as they dont put too much time in it i guess im ok with it

Default just was I was thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Opener View Post
    REALLY??? REALLY????

So many broken things in the game already, they are wasting time on mounts???

FREAKING MOUNTS?
    +1
    What a useless addition.
    The Shadow Sage of Nusemne

(LYCEUM OF SHADOW): "ONLY FOOLS CALL THE SHADOW EVIL"

Bad idea, watch the player base shrink even more.

The level of negativity is quite overwhelming. While mounts weren’t on my wish list, I welcome the new feature to the game.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rayworks View Post
    Because fixing bugs is too hard.
    +1

I wish I felt better about this than I do. I don't want to feel bad about the prospect of mounts... but I certainly don't have good feelings about it.

Time will tell and see if it's just another half-baked feature that will underwhelm and be abandoned or if it will be something that adds unexpected value and newness to the game. It says a lot that I am usually pleasantly surprised when I have this initial reaction to things that get announced nowadays. The flip side of that coin is that it also says a lot that I've been conditioned to expect the worst instead of automatically getting excited and hopping onboard the hype-train.
    Last edited by Memnir; 10-24-2019 at 02:24 AM.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Community Member Paladin_of_Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post

Edit: to be clear, I'm only on board if I can get a unicorn that has a rainbow trail behind it. Otherwise no.
    That belches glitter and farts butterflies as tricks .

I'd like to write a purple worm.

The paladin summon war horse mentioned earlier sounds awesome for the love the host give paladin some love

Community Member

I think it's a fun little thing, similar to cosmetic pets, but slightly more useful because it increases movement speed.

Imho, it would be nice if they also added mount-related spells and class features, such as:
    * Paladins can summon a horse at level 5: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/pa...m#specialMount
    * Phantom Steed spell (Brd/Sor/Wiz 3): http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/phantomSteed.htm

DnD has a wealth of mundane mounts, such as mules, donkeys, various horses: it would be kinda nice if these were available to hire for plat similar to hireling contracts. Obviously these basic options should be much slower and less flashy than store alternatives.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    DnD has a wealth of mundane mounts, such as mules, donkeys, various horses: it would be kinda nice if these were available to hire for plat similar to hireling contracts. Obviously these basic options should be much slower and less flashy than store alternatives.
    Mules with a couple of bags would be really nice in a wilderness area; this would mean that I wouldn't have to recall after dungeons in a wilderness area. Of course the utility of a couple of extra bags (DDO store purchase) would mean that there would be an overall reduction in speed and maybe the need to exit the wilderness area at an inn or entrance/exit rather than recalling.

Red alert in kingsforest, that will be the day.

Any way to do shadowalk/invis with the mount?

What happens if the char is floating above the ground and mounts?

Community Member

This is the dumbest thing Ive heard in a long time. Did they watch a video on how much money WOW makes from mounts and decide to force it into a game that has no travelling

Whoever came up with this weak ass cosmetic cash grab should be ashamed

And dont worry about each mount being an inventory slot, you will be able to buy a folder to keep your mounts in from the store. Or get a free mount folder if you prepurchase!
    Last edited by goldgolem; 10-24-2019 at 04:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Human_Cypher View Post
    I'm waiting for this combat mount.

<reluctant snip>

One of my favoritest of favorite GW artworks. Nort & Scar.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    I wish I felt better about this than I do.
    Time will tell and see if it's just another half-baked feature that will underwhelm and be abandoned .
    Red Fens underwater combat.

However, we have seen some coding and animation features from LotRO brought here that seem to work well. Sky sleds are wai, so I can see where mounts could work in that sense.

My big concern is we're heading down that road LotRO & WoW have, vast open spaces to traverse. I get it. but mounts in DDO is not a game-changing feature that will lure players back OR keep those of us teetering on leaving for good.

I and my real life friends have NOT renewed our subs since dual xbows came out. And mounts will be the final straw. SSG doesn't give a rats-ass what I think, thats fine, they deal can and will have to deal with the continued loss of revenue from more and more people like me.

BAD choice for game direction.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast