Community Manager

Default Account Registration Issue Now Resolved

We have recently been troubleshooting an issue that caused some players to not be able to register a new account. This issue has now been corrected. Thank you for your patience while we resolved this issue.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Glad to know it! I hope my friends are still interested in playing DDO...
    Ghallanda Server
    Dragant, Spellaser, Arrcous
    Officer of DDO Korea Unlimited

Works finally, ty.

If you would disable the german client now, too that would be great too. Because the size of the Buy button is too big and you repel people that think there is a f2p possibility.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titusovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Works! Thanks!
    Sabbath - Sarlona

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by TitusOvid View Post
    Works finally, ty.

If you would disable the german client now, too that would be great too. Because the size of the Buy button is too big and you repel people that think there is a f2p possibility.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Most players should not be using the German client, as it has not been updated in about seven years. However, those few players who wish to use it anyway are still able to if they wish, although we do not offer support for it.
    Join us on Twitch!

Thing is, if you download in germany default setting is the german version. People who know the game can easily switch. People who are new don't know that and are angry that they spend time to download 2 hours or whatever to find out you can only "buy" and not "Create".

For reference see the comments on steam. You lost a lot of players because of that.
    Easiest solution is to work on the buttons. But since this is a known issue for years I guess that is not possible somehow?

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titusovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Most players should not be using the German client, as it has not been updated in about seven years.

Then this needs to stop being the default option for new German players, if it cannot just be removed.

Had this issue recently bringing a new friend into the game - half an hour of troubleshooting for them doesn't make for a fun first night!

Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodaemon View Post
    Then this needs to stop being the default option for new German players, if it cannot just be removed.

Had this issue recently bringing a new friend into the game - half an hour of troubleshooting for them doesn't make for a fun first night!
    We agree, and as soon as we have the ability to change this, we will. I also appreciate you and the person above you letting us know about this as I at least was not aware of this client behavior.
    Join us on Twitch!

Currently broken on Chrome (HTTP 500 error), works on Edge (reCAPTCHA timed out first time, refreshing the page and retrying it worked).

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We agree, and as soon as we have the ability to change this, we will. I also appreciate you and the person above you letting us know about this as I at least was not aware of this client behavior.
    This troubles me a bit. I know you don't belong to CS or bug troubleshooters. But this is known for years. And I personally wrote several tickets and bug reports on this. And it was mentioned on these forums more than once. I sincerely hope that someone on the team knows about this and maybe even takes action this time.

Cheers,
    Titus.

Community Member

This troubles me a bit. I know you don't belong to CS or bug troubleshooters. But this is known for years.
    Some searches on the forum here, along with several discord conversations seem to suggest this was known for a decent amount of time.
    These boards are not exactly fast moving, it should be easily possible for this stuff to get noticed by someone

I *really* think there are some issues communicating bugs and feedback to you guys, and would like some guidance on how we should be trying to highlight these issues. Are ingame bug reports the best way still?

On the subject of this thread, it's been noticed that some may still be having issues creating accounts - but that this could possibly be resolved by cache clearing/removing cookies on the users end?
    Posting here to bring attention to the issue for anyone still struggling.

UPDATE: Issue seems to have been connected to special characters entered in the password field, at least for one user
    Last edited by Kyodaemon; 10-26-2019 at 11:58 AM.

This troubles me a bit. I know you don't belong to CS or bug troubleshooters. But this is known for years. And I personally wrote several tickets and bug reports on this. And it was mentioned on these forums more than once. I sincerely hope that someone on the team knows about this and maybe even takes action this time.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-Toons-anymore
    I think this is the first mention, 08-19-2013, 11:29 AM

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...-Toons-anymore
    I think this is the first mention, 08-19-2013, 11:29 AM

I didn't want to specifically draw attention to this first mention of it, due to who responded in the thread

But yes, it's about time this was addressed I'd say.