Default Information of HC Server closing

Devs!

Can we get some information of the way HC server will be closing?

Question 1

Server transfer? Do I need to empty TR Bank, Personal Bank etc?

Also, do I need to have this done before Nov 15th?

Question 2

Can I send toons to any server (ie 4 toons to Sarlona, 2 toons to Orion, 1 toon to another random server, or do I need to send all toons to one server?)

Question 3

How long does this take? Can I play my HC toons are Sarlona on Nov 15th?

Question 4

Is there a way to get my toons that have died to a bank to clear out personal bank and TR bank? and if so, when will this be available

Thanks for your attention to this!

Community Member

cordo mumbled in a live stream last week that they are preparing a communication about this soonish.
    but from what I recall:
    * the server will shut down for a few days
    * they prepare stuff
    * then it reopens
    * everyone revives / can go banking / whatever / quit guild leadership (so that you can transfer), etc.
    * it's likely to remain open for transfer for two weeks or longer
    * each character can go elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Airmaiden View Post
    Can we get some information of the way HC server will be closing?
    You already have - most of your Q's have been answered by Devs in the main threads re HCL. I'll repeat what I remember...

Iirc, it's only inventory and personal bank that travel w/ a character. Dunno about TR bank. I distinctly remember that "shared" bank will NOT transfer. Dunno about mail either, but I'm betting "no".

Can I send toons to any server?...

Yes, each one is individual transfer.

Is there a way to get my toons that have died to a bank to clear out personal bank and TR bank?

Nupe. This was made clear before HCL started (and to great bemoanings) - you die, your stuff is only what you have on your back, no going back to the (last) physical world from limbo. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    You already have - most of your Q's have been answered by Devs in the main threads re HCL. I'll repeat what I remember...

Iirc, it's only inventory and personal bank that travel w/ a character. Dunno about TR bank. I distinctly remember that "shared" bank will NOT transfer. Dunno about mail either, but I'm betting "no".

Can I send toons to any server?...

Yes, each one is individual transfer.

Is there a way to get my toons that have died to a bank to clear out personal bank and TR bank?

Nupe. This was made clear before HCL started (and to great bemoanings) - you die, your stuff is only what you have on your back, no going back to the (last) physical world from limbo. Ever.
    They could just drop a banker and mailbox in limbo you know.
    I got a dead toon with mail :/ Most likely auction.

Community Member

Default Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisAlien View Post
    I got a dead toon with mail :/ Most likely auction.
    I have quite a few items I farmed knowing they would sell on AH for astral shards. Like he said, put a banker and mail box in the land of dead people.

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisAlien View Post
    Why am I reminded of that current thread where the OP wants Reaper to be more like normal play, but still call it "Reaper"?

They could make Hardcore much more Softcore - but then it wouldn't be Hard Core, now, would it?

It is what it is, it is as advertised. No surprises here, it was never like any other server, and everyone who signed on (who bothered to read anything) knew that going in - so what's the issue?

Community Member

I understand and am for the fact that once a character dies, you cannot access anything on that character during Hardcore play. But after the event is over? That's a terrible decision and it's not too late to change that, if in fact, it even is how it's going to be.

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Why am I reminded of that current thread where the OP wants Reaper to be more like normal play, but still call it "Reaper"?

They could make Hardcore much more Softcore - but then it wouldn't be Hard Core, now, would it?

It is what it is, it is as advertised. No surprises here, it was never like any other server, and everyone who signed on (who bothered to read anything) knew that going in - so what's the issue?
    Eh? How is clearing out a server making Hardcore less Hard?

This is simply inventory management with a server shut down.
    The evolution of DDO: Stormreach to Eberron Unlimited to Dungeons & Dragons Online
    -1- -2- -3- -4- -5- -6- -7- -8- -9- -10 - -11- -12 - -13- -14! years & still spawning kobolds
    From Turbine to SSG, who are the devs anyway? DDO Peeps Tracker

We plan on releasing an FAQ about the end of the Hardcore League Season in the near future.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Community Member

Hi! Thanks for the answer you’ll release an FAQ soon. I have a question what not sure will be answered so I ask here.
    Since the Hardcore server is VIP only (and season pass too obviously) does those accounts still can do the character transfer who recently canceled vip subscription or do we need to reactivate vip to get access to the character transfer at the end of HC server shut down? For example to explain my situation: I have a lvl5 character with all the goodies what I get from expansion packs (heroic and epic exp tome), plus gold dice rewards such as cosmetics and tome of fate what I would like to keep if possible so this could be a strong enough alt on my main server. Thanks in advance.

Community Member

The following things will not transfer with your character:

Your Astral Shard balance

lol

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    We plan on releasing an FAQ about the end of the Hardcore League Season in the near future.
    I hope its says:

NO VENDORS! NO SHRINES!